Michael's Thanksgiving Day ad

My Michael's was pretty organized. I got there at 5:50, and was probably 40th in line. Right before they opened, the store manager came out and asked who was there for Cricut cartridges? Probably 90% of the hands went up. He said just come straight to checkout #2, we have them all there. (I guess the empties were still in their regular spot, but I didn't go look.) So the line essentially moved right to the checkout line. :rotfl2: From there they had 3 large racks with all the carts. Some of the women who were first in line were really picky, looking carefully, etc. UGH! One woman cut in front and bought a bunch (must have been an ebayer, since she didn't seem to care what she got as long as it was a lot!) After this, the manager wised up and said he'd call out a title, and then hand it out to those in line who wanted it. This worked pretty well, that way you had your carts by the time you got up to check out. I was worried that they would run out by the time I got there, but since I only wanted 2 carts I actually was "done" before others so I checked out pretty fast.

I did stick with my budget and got only what I came for... Mickey font and Mickey and Friends! I've been wanting them so badly. Yea me!!!

On a side not- we had barely finished eating when I left for Michael's. I did all the cooking, so I made a point of saying that I wanted the dishes done when I got home. Is that too much to ask??? Yeeessssss apparently it is... DH and DD managed to clear the table and put away the food, but wash dishes? Not so much. At least I was in a good mood when I was washing...:rotfl:

i had the calligraphy one in my hand and could not decide if i should get it or not. am i going to be sorry?? is it a good one??

I feel this way about Speaking of Autumn! I can't decide if I would use it enough to justify going to get it!!

i got there at 5 prepared to stand in line outside and there was NO ONE there not even the employees - they came about 5:30. I stood near the door around 5:45 a few ladies got out of their cars and stood near me. One lady tried to push in front of me - but i was quicker on me feet and knew where they kept the carts. I grabed cars, sports mania, calligrapgy, and mini monograms. My dad called while i was waiting in the car and told him about the sale so he said he would buy a few for my birthday in a few weeks so get what i wanted and DH said the same. So i didnt feel bad getting 4
Not sure if i will keep the sports or the calligrahpy yet - but figured i should pick them up at that price. i wanted wild card or hello kitty but i know they are not out yet.
well happy cricuting every one -
i already cut out a guido with the funny wig at 11 1/2 - laminated him and put him on vinyal on the back of my van window - i LOVE him - PIT STOP!
Jennifer

Can someone explain to me how the Creativexpress price matching works?
I went to my Michael's at 6 this morning and they didn't have the carts I wanted and I hate to pass up that price!

I went to Michael's last night with DH and we gort Cars, JOTS, and Pooh font for me for Christmas! We are stying with my MIL in Poughkeepsie, NY and there was no crowd at all at her Mike's. it was awesome! We also picked up some picture frames and new garlands for our front door!

I went to Michael's last night with DH and we gort Cars, JOTS, and Pooh font for me for Christmas! We are stying with my MIL in Poughkeepsie, NY and there was no crowd at all at her Mike's. it was awesome! We also picked up some picture frames and new garlands for our front door!

Jessica, I went to the Mike's in Whitehall and I almost thought I'd run into you there! I got Pooh & Friends and Christmas Cheer. I wanted to get Graphically Speaking but they didn't have it. I almost got Cuttin' Up but as I was on my way to the checkout I realized that I didn't have enough cash on me - DUH I felt so stupid - could there be a worse time to forget about sales tax?!?! (I left my credit cards at home so I wouldn't get in trouble!). No biggie - I found it on EBay today & got it for $25 w/shipping!
DH & I got there about 5:45. There were only 7 people in front of us & about 4 cars in the lot. We got in line, and as we waited, it did get a lot more crowded. It was chilly, but not too bad since I was really bundled up. By the time we got in, there were probably about 30 cars in the lot and about 40-50 people behind us in line!
I've never bought cartridges at Mike's before so I didn't know where to go. I took off with the crowd & was following a gaggle of gals towards the back of the store when DH yells, "HUN!" Here there was a spinny rack right at the front door (what can I say - I was so excited for the deal that I left my brain at home!). Apparently the ladies I was following were there for something else! They had a bit to choose from - plus the empties in the regular aisle. There were only about 6 of us rooting thru the spinny rack. I picked out mine and was back home in no time. Glad you could still get the deal even though you're in NY.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone...and to the OP, THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS SALE!!! I don't normally go to Mike's so I would've had NO idea!

I have read a lot of ladies wanted Graphically Speaking from the sale. I got sports mania at M's and like others no GS. So I took my ad to WM and picked up GS for the $29.99 price. WM also has Storybook and the solutions carts.

I have read a lot of ladies wanted Graphically Speaking from the sale. I got sports mania at M's and like others no GS. So I took my ad to WM and picked up GS for the $29.99 price. WM also has Storybook and the solutions carts.

I thought I heard WM wasn't doing the price match anymore? Or am I remembering wrong? Or could it maybe just be my local store?

i looked in my walmart wednesday and they had NOTHING. really. nothing. i think maybe 2 or 3 carts that's it.

I thought I heard WM wasn't doing the price match anymore? Or am I remembering wrong? Or could it maybe just be my local store?

I have been reading on the cricut boards that some have had problems while others had none. WM advertised on TV they would price match BF ads. I was lucky and had no problems. They just called a manger over, she really looked at the ad, saw that it stated 28 styles(GS was not pic on M's ad), and gave me the price.

i had the calligraphy one in my hand and could not decide if i should get it or not. am i going to be sorry?? is it a good one??

I'll let you know after Xmas, unless DH lets me open it sooner. It has 6 fonts which I love but they are thin so it remains to be seen if they tear easily.

I'll let you know after Xmas, unless DH lets me open it sooner. It has 6 fonts which I love but they are thin so it remains to be seen if they tear easily.

i ended up picking it up at michaels yesterday am. i just don't know if its too thin to use.

That's been my problem with Jasmine. It's just too think to use. I also had a HUGE problem with "Cinderella". I think I must have cut 20 for a swap to use as a title, and they all kept ripping. I finally ended up making on my puter, but it's very frustrating. The Provocraft peoples must know this is a problem :headache:

do i have jasmine?? i'll have to look.(ok that's pretty bad if i don't even know if i have it!!!) i don't think i got it for that reason. but i just loved the way that calligraphy looked on the back of the box. i love pretty writing.

I got the price match at WalMart on GS and Storybook last night. It was a pain and I did have to talk to 2 managers and have the actual paper Michael's ad but in the end they matched the price. :dance3:

Now I need to try another Michaels for SportsMania. DH forget to get it Thursday night and the Michaels I went to yesterday didn't have any.

I was at Mike's today at 0830. BFF was working and found me at the Cricut end cap. I was so excited to find Tink, and she said the manager kept some back for today, they were in the office and he had just put them out. They had 3, and I got 1 of them...

THEN something amazing happened!! Paper Dolls, Pooh, and Mickey Font all jumped in my cart and wanted to come home with me too! Well, really, what could I do? :confused3 I didn't want to disappoint them, so I let them stay. But I told them that they had to be really quiet...

So, when DH comes home there is a nice bag with a note from Santa on it asking him to please help him out and put these under the tree for me for Christmas.

My holiday motto: "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission" :rolleyes1

Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :rotfl:

THEN something amazing happened!! Paper Dolls, Pooh, and Mickey Font all jumped in my cart and wanted to come home with me too! Well, really, what could I do? :confused3 I didn't want to disappoint them, so I let them stay. But I told them that they had to be really quiet...

I HATE when that happens!!!:lmao:

So, when DH comes home there is a nice bag with a note from Santa on it asking him to please help him out and put these under the tree for me for Christmas.

Very Cute Debbie!!!

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter