Michael's Cricut Cart sale tomorrow $39 each! :o)

So I went after all. You know how I said I was going to stay home and scrap all day? Well the strangest thing happened. I got the urge to clean the house. That NEVER happens. So I spent the whole day cleaning the entire upstairs. I threw out 2 garbage bags full of stuff and the place looks terrific. While cleaning, I made myself a list of stuff I needed at Target. Somehow, on the way to Target, my car just drove itself over to Michael's! I got some ribbon and stickers and then I decided to get New Arrival. I end up doing a fair amount of baby-themed gifts and after looking at the prices of stickers I realized this was a much better investment in the long run. That makes 31 cartidges. Somebody tell me when the next Cricut Anonymous meeting is.

Now I really do plan to hunker down with some swaps for the evening. I'm hoping tomorrow morning I can tackle cleaning the downstairs, but today may have just been a temporary blip - we'll see.

Oh, and count me in on another one that HATES Jasmine. Impossible to use except in Shadow or in very large size. And definitely not with Bazzil.

can you come over and clean my house next?

I did spend all day yesterday in the boys room and filled 1 full black bag of trash and 1 XXL ziploc bag filled with toys to go to Salvation Army. I cut the toys down by 1/2. Now to tackle the toys in the loft! :scared:

i went and got my paper dolls that i have been wanting for soooo long and doodlecharms. oh and since i had the 40% coupon i bought the pumpkin sizzix with the faces. i just could not let the coupon go to waste right?!

I don't remember saying you could buy more Sizzix?

Will you cut me out six pumpkins?

:rotfl2:

Thanks Buffy!

I really would like alphalicious or base camp. I will have to go tomorrow and see if they have any. :)

If they don't have it, I do. Still in it's plastic clam shell. My sweet DH got me that instead of Stretch Your Imagination. They don't even look the same, but I know not to complain out loud. :rotfl2: So if you want to trade, let me know.

I don't remember saying you could buy more Sizzix?

Will you cut me out six pumpkins?

:rotfl2:

ooohhh i'm sorry. i forgot to ask......:confused3 ;)

i sure will. do you want the short fat or the big tall? and how about the faces? i think it has 2 faces right??

ooohhh i'm sorry. i forgot to ask......:confused3 ;)

i sure will. do you want the short fat or the big tall? and how about the faces? i think it has 2 faces right??

Three of each and surprise me with the faces. Do you want me to send paper?

Three of each and surprise me with the faces. Do you want me to send paper?

you got it! and nope don't need the paper. something tells me i have some just waiting to be used!!!! i love paper. i just buy it to buy it! - ya know how that goes.....:rolleyes1

oh and i went to big lots and got all kinds of stuff over there. and ac moore too (yesterday)..... i picked up the karate suit for the sizzix since ds just started lessons and it was so cute i could not pass it up.

I bought two carts... Went to get Cuttin up and got beyond birthdays too . I am still unsure on beyond birthdays maybe bringing it back I didn't open it yet but I am sure maybe should have gotten the birthday one first ?? I just am so confused :confused3 . Gotta go now though any advice on weather or not to keep it and what to go get if I return it .

I confess, I went there today too! Guess I just lacked the will power, but somehow taking a friend along made me feel less guilty!
Only got Doodlecharms, which I had wanted, a few stickers, one punch and some ribbon!! Spent the rest of the day scrapping and having a great time.

Thank God DH doesn't look at the credit card bills. I planned on getting Cutting Up, but they also had Base Camp and Alphalicious, so I got those too. Who can pass up $40 Cricut cartridges? :rolleyes1 So hid those and the book of princess paper that was on clearance. I started looking around at some other stuff and then decided I had better high tail it out of there before I found more stuff. I need to join the ban wagon. I have so much stuff I don't know what I have. I've even bought stuff I already have that I didn't know I had. Off to find the ban wagon thread.

I had a bit of a meltdown in Michaels - it sounds really dumb now that I'm home writing about it but... I was so excited - I wanted Walk in my garden and there it was on the shelf. I take it checkout and discover that they're out of that one. They had put all the cricut carts on a special display that wasn't even remotely close to the cricut or scrapbook section and forgot to take the empty boxes off of the shelf.

I asked if I could get a raincheck, since this wasn't my error but their's and the clerk told me too bad, basically and that the manager wasn't around. I bought Teardrop (is that a good one?) and left upset. Then I called the store asked to speak to the manager, who happened to be available, and she apologized, told me it was their error and I wasn't the only one who had that happen, and told me they'd call me when Walk in my Garden came in.

Do I sound like a complete idiot here?

I had a bit of a meltdown in Michaels - it sounds really dumb now that I'm home writing about it but... I was so excited - I wanted Walk in my garden and there it was on the shelf. I take it checkout and discover that they're out of that one. They had put all the cricut carts on a special display that wasn't even remotely close to the cricut or scrapbook section and forgot to take the empty boxes off of the shelf.

I asked if I could get a raincheck, since this wasn't my error but their's and the clerk told me too bad, basically and that the manager wasn't around. I bought Teardrop (is that a good one?) and left upset. Then I called the store asked to speak to the manager, who happened to be available, and she apologized, told me it was their error and I wasn't the only one who had that happen, and told me they'd call me when Walk in my Garden came in.

No, you don't sound like a complete idiot!!! That clerk should have had more customer service.. it's not like you threatened to throttle her or anything... Good thing you called the store because at least you got on the list to be called when the cart came in. Now, are they going to give it to you at the sale price? :hug:

I bought two carts... Went to get Cuttin up and got beyond birthdays too . I am still unsure on beyond birthdays maybe bringing it back I didn't open it yet but I am sure maybe should have gotten the birthday one first ?? I just am so confused :confused3 . Gotta go now though any advice on weather or not to keep it and what to go get if I return it .

I have the Celebrations one and I'm not real keen on it. Too many balloons, and numbers and not enough words.

I do have beyond birthdays and I haven't used it a lot, but more then the first one. I don't make a lot of cards. But the ones I did make (other than Christmas) I used this cart.

No. They should have removed any carts that weren't in stock before such a big sale. That is just common sense folks.

Wish I knew, the Michaels I went to had quite a few Walk in my Garden. Did you want me to go check?

I was there yesterday and of course bought a cart! How long does this sale last? I was thinking of checking out other local Michaels this week to see if they have some of the newer carts (not likely I realize), but that means I will have to buy a few more since I cant leave a store empty handed! :laughing:

No, you don't sound like a complete idiot!!! That clerk should have had more customer service.. it's not like you threatened to throttle her or anything... Good thing you called the store because at least you got on the list to be called when the cart came in. Now, are they going to give it to you at the sale price? :hug:

My dd said I overreacted :confused3 The manager said that she was writing up a raincheck with my name on it for the sale price. I don't think I was the only one that had this happen. I wouldn't have been upset if the box hadn't been on the shelf.

Thanks AWM for the offer - I think I'll wait and see if it comes in.

Does anyone have/like teardrop?

I don't think you overreacted either. At least the manager did the right thing. Chalk it up to a worker with a bad attitude. I know I encountered one on my trip to Mike's yesterday.

I have Teardrop. I like it and use it a lot. I don't know the word I'd use to describe it - it's not fancy, but maybe fanciful? The "drops" at the end of the letters make it kind of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter