May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott H

<font color=red>First to Magically cross from King
For water on planes, I have been taking empty water bottles thru security, then fill them up with water from a water fountain once we are thru the security screening. I do not mind the water from airport water fountains, and it is alot cheaper than buying bottled water from airport shops.
Lynn:eeyore:

Hello everybody I am new ot the boards and new to cruising,been reading this thread, well not all of it while we waited for the confirmations to come in. They have arrived today and me and the family will be joining you on your little trans Atlantic cruise!! First cruise for us but what a way to start cruising!!

We are so looking forward to this. Just need to start lookign at what we want to do and start booking the reservations now.

I am sure I will be talking to you all here and on the ship really soon.

Cheers!!

Pat

Welcome Pat. If you have not done so already, go to page 143 and read the first post on that page. It has all the must know information about our not so little group.:)

For water on planes, I have been taking empty water bottles thru security, then fill them up with water from a water fountain once we are thru the security screening. I do not mind the water from airport water fountains, and it is alot cheaper than buying bottled water from airport shops.

Well now there is the big duh!!!! :worship: So very simple.... and yet I would not have thought of that!!!!! It's been driving me a little nuts because I get such severe ear pain. :listen: Plus, I'm so cheap, I hate to pay for water. :rotfl:

Welcome, Pat. Debbie at Epcotkilterfan's signature has the posting for submitting your info and Kenpros will take your info for the lanyards.

We'll be at Castaway Cay on Mother's Day. :flower3:

Yippee!

Kelly - we were there also. It was insane. We also thought that we would escape to CA and arrived as the HSM Pep Rally was playing. We were probably near each other. We had Curt's youngest daughter (21yo) with us (in a wheelchair). We wanted water, but couldn't even find a place to get that without a huge line. We escaped over to White Water Snacks about 2:00. It was nice in there and we took advantage of their free ice water. Then we just decided to call it a day.

I was a Magic Kingdom on Sunday, and the crowd was great! In fact, we were at the Carousel in Fantasyland and guess what?

We got year of a million dreams mickey ears! I was so excited. I'll have to post a picture!

Ok - Let's get the croc topic mentioned! The new crocs that were released on the 1st are better than the old ones. They do cost more but the have more of a dressy look. I've got mine on right now!

Saw crocs in red for adults and dark blue and pink for kids in World of Disney Store Sunday. The adults cost $34.95, but I don't want red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gydell View Post
To the grass skirts - I think that the women should get to vote on the best hula dancer. You do have to hula don't you?
Sorry - hula dancing is not a requirement for membership!

Whew!!!! :scared: Hey, thanks for posting the Genesis Photo of the GSF!

They're not as spill proof as a twist top water bottle, but we always end up buying the refillabale mugs at the resort when we stay at WDW the week before (you'll be at Pop Centruy won't you?) as I have to have my Coke (if Disney ever switches to Pepsi I will be devistated!). We then use those as our in room drink holders for the evening (or any time we want a bigger drink than the cups they offer--or just want it to stay cold longer). I find that if I put in as much ice as it will hold, water stays cold all night right on the nightstand. And yes you can stuff things in them when you are packing up to go home!

We actually travel with Disney refillable mugs usually. One from Blizzard Beach and one from Typhoon Lagoon because you can always bring your old mug from years before and just pay for a new sticker/barcode for the drink refills in the water parks....so you're right we'll have at least one of those with us aboard, too. (And, yes, we're staying at Pop century for 2 nights and then at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 6 nights before the cruise).

:tigger:
Erik

That might work....but the only advice I'd give is that TECHNICALLY in most/all airports you're not supposed to be allowed to bring ANY liquids over 3 oz. aboard regardless of whether you bought it before or after security. I fly in and out of JFK in NYC a lot and they won't even let you bring aboard a soft drink that buy from one of the restaurants or snack bars inside the terminal. Probably some airlines and some airports are less strict or incosistent in enforcement (I've seen some people walk right on the plane with a bottle of water in their hand and then 3 people behind them a little girl wiht a sippie cup full of juice her mother bought at a snack counter is told she has to dump it or discard it!). As a safe bet I've just stopped traveling with any form of liquid or drink at all on my person to avoid the annoyance.

Erik

:faint: dear gods: a 3 ring binder? :worship: :flower3: :wave2:

You think a 3 ring binder sounds like a lot? I carry one of those business portfolio things that has a 3 ring binder in it AND an enclosed filing system and I have all our tickets and agendas and interaries and plane confirmations and rental car stuff and everything all separated and coded and organized. Our "vacation binder" (that's what we call it) also has personalized spaces included that hold each of our passports, our Disney passes, pens and papers, maps, and I just devised a way to attach an envelope in which our lanyards and namebadges can be stored for this cruise (since as part of the "lanyard team" :thumbsup2 we got ours already...WOO HOO!!). I carry that binder in my carry-on with my laptop so that I always have it accessible and all our necessary documents and information are easily accessible! :)

Erik

In Atlanta once you pass security, then you can buy and take on board any food or liquids that you want. It is posted in the airport and on Delta webpage. Seems like all the airports could get together and come to one decision so the general public would not be so confused.

:sad: I just feel I have to share my misery this week with the group. It is 3 degrees out right now with wind chills bringing it down to minus 18! Predictions are it will stay that way all week and we have 150 case of Girl Scout cookies in the garage which we have to get delivered in this. My daughter and I keep saying "think cruise, think cruise" as we bag up the cookies and think about being out in this.

Erik - you are alot more organized than I am! I just put in all in my carry on and sort through it as needed.

I can see I have a lot to learn before the cruise on what to pack and not pack. Man a 3 ring binder, now that is impressive.......

Erik,

:worship: My hat is off to you.:worship: I wish I was half that organized. I think I will have to take lessons from you!! ;)

It is almost two embarrassing to say, :blush: my DH and I just put everything in a file folder and then put it in his carry on.

:drive: I might have to go to Target...I need a new folder!:thumbsup2

:faint: dear gods: a 3 ring binder? :worship: :flower3: :wave2:

I usually do a 3 ring binder too. Of course I also have an excel spreadsheet going all ready with our ports and excursions and times and the conversion of the local times to PDT, and when we are going to call home from the ports and what time it will be at home...so I don't know WHY you all would think a 3 ring binder is excessive?? :confused3 :confused3 :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

We are not OCD, we are just very very organized!!!

Can you guys tell me how long it takes to get the T's in? Want to order some but not sure of how long they take to deliver, specially to Canada. Any ideas?

Cheers!!

Pat

Can you guys tell me how long it takes to get the T's in? Want to order some but not sure of how long they take to deliver, specially to Canada. Any ideas?

Cheers!!

Pat

Usually 7 to 10 days after the order is complete. It usually takes a day or 2 to complete the order.

Ken

Just hung up with Costco and my wallet is lot lighter. Twenty-five days of Magic here we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter