May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually do a 3 ring binder too. Of course I also have an excel spreadsheet going all ready with our ports and excursions and times and the conversion of the local times to PDT, and when we are going to call home from the ports and what time it will be at home...so I don't know WHY you all would think a 3 ring binder is excessive?? :confused3 :confused3 :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

We are not OCD, we are just very very organized!!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Welcome aboard the B2B Kissimmee!

My shirts took one week.

Erik, my pack must look exactly like your pack - we'll have to make sure we don't get mixed up. Yes, I have the 3 ring binder, mesh holder for pens, post its, pencils, paper clips, binder clips for any seat belts that hit me in the neck, badges/lanyards, about 40 labelled dividers (one for each port - with every detail about the port), onboard activities, hotels, air, confirmations, WDW reservations, full calendar of all daily appointments, emergency contact information page, email list and maps of each city. It all goes into the rolling office bag with the 17" laptop, DVD player, DVD's, micro-recorder and anything else I can squeeze in.

I did a 45 city tour in 50 days with Jesus Christ Superstar, so we learned every trick in the book about staying organized. Now we use all this for our business today! My house however, is always clutterd!!!!:lmao: :lmao:

I REALLY want to see the pyramids, too, but couldn't figure out a way to get to them. PLEASE look me up onboard and we can set something up! :moped:

I spoke to DCL about why they're not offering an excursion to see the pyramids. They said that there wasn't a good tour offered and that the pyramids are pretty disappointing since they don't really look like what you would expect pyramids to look like...think Egypt. They're also pretty far from port.

I've been gone for a few days and it's taking me forever to catch up on both threads since I'm a b2ber. You've all become very chatty!

Kathy

We've been playing this afternoon. The kids and I started in on the door decorations today. We decorated dry erase/cork boards for both our room and the grandparents (Hank and Jan). As my son says "Now it's strating to get fun.":cool1:

We also started looking at clothes for formal night. The strapless Jessica McClintock which I bought at age 16 to wear to homescomming and could never stand to let go which my 10 year old insisted on trying on FITS HER:worried: David is SOOO going to have a heart attack when he sees her in that--but she is so happy about it and I didn't spend a dime:confused3

To all of you hyper organized folks with binders! Wow!! If I can't fit it in a lightweight folder I figure it is not worth it. I am so very impressed with you all (but not inspired to do the same) :worship:

I spoke to DCL about why they're not offering an excursion to see the pyramids. They said that there wasn't a good tour offered and that the pyramids are pretty disappointing since they don't really look like what you would expect pyramids to look like...think Egypt. They're also pretty far from port.

Are these the ones in Tenerife you are talking about? If so they are south american style Pyramids not egyptian style pyramids.
You could probably catch a bus there. If you want me to look at timetables PM me.

What room did you get? Did you do a Cat 12?
Does Costco still offer free insurance?

A pair of cat 12s. No the insurance was not free but it was less by half what anyone else was quoting for better coverage too, and the gift card credits were much better and don't tie you into spending it all on the cruise. I posted some comments in the general forum.

yeah, i think the dry erase board sounds like a good idea...maybe i need to work on one too....

i like the idea of the expanding folders too....i normally bring along a couple of separate folders but i like this idae better to keep everything organized....as i said earlier i am starting almost from scratch since my hard drive died but it makes it more fun!!!

do you think the buses will run on sunday in tenerife???

Its official
We're now B2B'ers
wo-hoo!!:cool1:

Its official
We're now B2B'ers
wo-hoo!!:cool1:

So you'll be on the first med cruise as well? So head on over to that thread and get involved there as well.

Welcome aboard the B2B.
Ken

We are planning to take the bus to Guemar to see the pyramids. Looks pretty simple to do. We are excited to compare these step pyramids to those in the America. There is also a museum at the pyramids (entrance to both is 9 Euros, bus should run about another 5 Euros round trip). Nothing is all TAHT far from the port on the island (says the woman who went 100 miles inland to see those at Konhunlich!)--Passporter says you can get virtually anywhere in an hour and these are in aproxiamtely the middle.

Are these the ones in Tenerife you are talking about? If so they are south american style Pyramids not egyptian style pyramids.
You could probably catch a bus there. If you want me to look at timetables PM me.

Hi Nikki,

That's what I meant...they're not like Egyptian pyramids...per DCL.

Well we're not B2B and we're unorganized - we must be living life wrong.:confused3 At least in July we will be going back to Mexico for 2 weeks.:cool1:

Hey Kathy,
Welcome back. Rio will be happy to know Owen is around again. Have you logged into the kid's group yet? Both of my kids have pages there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gydell View Post
To the grass skirts - I think that the women should get to vote on the best hula dancer. You do have to hula don't you?
Sorry - hula dancing is not a requirement for membership!

Whew!!!! :scared: Hey, thanks for posting the Genesis Photo of the GSF!

Terry....
where was your grass skirt the last time?

Hey Kathy,
Welcome back. Rio will be happy to know Owen is around again. Have you logged into the kid's group yet? Both of my kids have pages there.

Hi Hadley,

It's good to be back. We're swamped around here right now. Owen's got a ton of homework to make up as well as a big project that's due next week. We'll try to get to the sight soon. Thanks.

We have signed up for the "Seeing Seville" tour. 8:00am to 5:30pm. I can't help you with the "Seville on your own" tour, but my guess is that it starts at the same time.

Ken
Thank you Ken! I was guessing that as well. So we'll be back in time for dinner.... I didn't see any free time in the tour schedule to go shopping, and there's a shawl and a fan with my name on it in one of those shops! Hence, Seville on my own.

I am loving the architecture I see there; we got Rick Steves' Spain and Portugal DVD and we're enjoying getting a taste of what's there to see.

Thank you Ken! I was guessing that as well. So we'll be back in time for dinner.... I didn't see any free time in the tour schedule to go shopping, and there's a shawl and a fan with my name on it in one of those shops! Hence, Seville on my own.

I am loving the architecture I see there; we got Rick Steves' Spain and Portugal DVD and we're enjoying getting a taste of what's there to see.

Samantha Brown did a nice little show about Seville. She visited one of the fan shops. Take lots of $$$$

Ken

That might work....but the only advice I'd give is that TECHNICALLY in most/all airports you're not supposed to be allowed to bring ANY liquids over 3 oz. aboard regardless of whether you bought it before or after security. I fly in and out of JFK in NYC a lot and they won't even let you bring aboard a soft drink that buy from one of the restaurants or snack bars inside the terminal. Probably some airlines and some airports are less strict or incosistent in enforcement (I've seen some people walk right on the plane with a bottle of water in their hand and then 3 people behind them a little girl wiht a sippie cup full of juice her mother bought at a snack counter is told she has to dump it or discard it!). As a safe bet I've just stopped traveling with any form of liquid or drink at all on my person to avoid the annoyance.

:tigger:

Erik

Umm - Erik - that changed recently. At Newark one is allowed to buy water and take that on board. Had no trouble in St. Louis, Chicago or Newark in the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter