May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think a 3 ring binder sounds like a lot? I carry one of those business portfolio things that has a 3 ring binder in it AND an enclosed filing system and I have all our tickets and agendas and interaries and plane confirmations and rental car stuff and everything all separated and coded and organized. Our "vacation binder" (that's what we call it) also has personalized spaces included that hold each of our passports, our Disney passes, pens and papers, maps, and I just devised a way to attach an envelope in which our lanyards and namebadges can be stored for this cruise (since as part of the "lanyard team" :thumbsup2 we got ours already...WOO HOO!!). I carry that binder in my carry-on with my laptop so that I always have it accessible and all our necessary documents and information are easily accessible! :)

:tigger:
Erik

Yep - me too!! got called AR for that one. However - I always have the paperwork with me. I also use my PDA for most of the documentation (Now with VISTA and the PDA not syncing correctly it will be more difficult) I store all the email confirmations in the email section, make a word document of all the ressie numbers and attach it to the date of the ressie. I use Excel to store all the expenses and keep track of the costs...my hunny and her mom laugh at me, but when it is all said and done I have numbers at hand and know exactly what I have spent and for what :goodvibes

Ok - I must have missed the thong on the first viewing of the T-Shirts...but why pray tell are they just for Scott???? No one else wears thongs??? Are mens thong different from womens??? I never noticed...

Oh well - the shirts all look great, I am having trouble trying to decide which and what to get.

Ok - I must have missed the thong on the first viewing of the T-Shirts...but why pray tell are they just for Scott???? No one else wears thongs??? Are mens thong different from womens??? I never noticed...

Oh well - the shirts all look great, I am having trouble trying to decide which and what to get.

The whole thong thing is a carryover from the "Grass Skirt Fraternity" (GSF) and the 11 Day Wonder cruise. Scott designed t-shirts for for the GSF and included a thong as a joke.

Ken

The whole thong thing is a carryover from the "Grass Skirt Fraternity" (GSF) and the 11 Day Wonder cruise. Scott designed t-shirts for for the GSF and included a thong as a joke.

Ken

aahhh - ok. I am still wondering - any difference between men's and women's? (silly me - never had both kinds side by side to see)

Padalyn,
"AR on the 3 ring binger" Let em laugh, cuz we AR's always have the last laught when they need something! Fortunately, after so many years Jonathan loves it and is surprised when I don't have something prepared. :lmao:

I'm so glad to have water again.

My response when I first saw Scott's thong, "I had a very clean image of Scott and didn't want to ruin it!!!"

Samantha Brown: I love those show! Her Seville show almost made me want to go, but we had our plans for Cadiz. Esp. the fans.

I've just finished the Francesco Italy top to toe, I really enjoyed it. I wish we were going to Venice.

Been reading for 2 days now, trying to catch up on everything that happened. Here is some info that has been posted in the past.

Passangers:

Pat 42
Joyce 42
Eric 13
Jason 6

Favorite Disney characters:

Pat Goofy
Joyce Tiger
Jason Steve McQueen
Eric - Get back to you on that one.......

We have the early dinner, not sure of our stateroom yet. TA still getting me the final details but we are booked.

Told the kids last night, they were really excited, well the oldest was, the youngest was excited but then said afterwards we are supposed to go to Disney World not on a boat. His cousins have been to Disney and he hasn't yet but we couldn't pass up this trip so we are doing this instead.

What else has been in the tread, oh yea, love the banner idea!! That is just great......have read everything on page 143, actually as of this I am only on page 178 of the thread but thought I would post in case I forget anything.

Love the tips that everybody has posted and the information about the excursions. I am just waiting on the final Disney conformation number to come in so I can get on and book some excursions, hopefully they are not all sold out.

Ordering some T-Shirts tonight for the trip and starting to figure out what else to pack. This being our first cruise we are new at this but the threads have helped.

Not sure if we can make the wine and cheese on May 11th, have to figure out where we are staying in Orlando that night first.

Looking forward to meeting everybody on board.

Cheers!!

Pat

aahhh - ok. I am still wondering - any difference between men's and women's? (silly me - never had both kinds side by side to see)

I would assume that the cafepress thong is actually a womens thong.

Ken

Cindy,

Just read the post about the kids, great idea. I woudl PM you my kids info but I need 6 posts before I can, I believe this is number 5 :P

PM Coming soon......

Cheers!!

Pat

Done reading and have a couple of questions, when we fly in on the Friday before, woudl it be better to stay at an Airport hotel or just get a Hotel by the port? Which would be easier getting to the port from?

The Grass skirts are a very interesting idea, might join ya for that one, DW might disown me but I think it will be fun.....

Little background on the family, Born in Nova Scotia moved to Ontario for work and just recently moved back to be closer to family. Work in the software industry, wife in the environmental business. We were planning on a cruise for our 15th last fall but the move back to NS foiled those plans so this is in part our 15th anniversary trip also. Now to do some catch up on the planning but we still have 63 days left before we leave.

Oh and we are staying in Barcelona on the Saturday night, have an early morning flight home on Sunday so not sure where we will stay yet, most likely out by the airport jsut to make it easier on us.

Cheers!!

Pat

Hello everyone!

:sick: My DD 7, is home sick today with a temp of 101, luckily a fever and a runny nose is all. My DS 9, was home on Monday and Tuesday with the same thing. I hope that our other two don't get it! I am glad that they have it now and not closer to the cruise. After this week, I will need a vacation!

I hope everyone else is well.

:sad2: If you have signed up for the kids group and didn't get your invite please let me know. The web page seems to be giving me a little trouble.:headache: Or if you can't figure out how to make it work, send me a pm.

tazzmacd - why don't you try and come in a day or two earlier and go to Disney World? We have a 6am flight out of Barcelona on the 27th so we are staying at the Renaisance at the airport after the cruise.

Well we would love to take a couple more days off but since the DW and I just started jobs in the fall it is bad enough us taking 11 days off, we didn't want to push it with another day or 2 off. As it is I might be back at work on the 28th, not sure yet, trying to get that day off also.

We are flying in on the Friday, arriving around 1:00 PM. We have a 6:55 out of Barcelona on the 27th, so we might be staying out that way also.

If I was arriving at 1, I would probably go to the port and stay. That way you can relax and the kids can swim, and you are closer to the ship the next morning!

This may have been in another post that I missed, but what are some convenient hotels/motels close to the port?

Hi everyone - this was posted over on the First Med cruise thread. Since we will be in Barcelona on Friday, May 25 I thought some of the repo cruisers would be interested. sweetsue did the leg work and provided this info. The picture links didn't copy correctly, so if your are interested go to the first post on page 97 of the May 26th Med cruise thread.

Thanks Sue!
Ken

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come one, come all - to a few FREE excursions (yes, FREE) before we set sail out of Barcelona. Kids, Cocker Spaniels (and their owners) welcome!

First up is FRIDAY EVENING: Enjoy the light, water and music show of the Magic Fountain! Show begins at 8pm and runs every 30 minutes until midnight. Time for our meet is TBD, but 8PM would work for me unless I hear differently. We will meet at the base of the fountain near the steps to the Museu National d'Art Catalunya. To get there, go via Metro (or foot power) to Placa Espanya. Go through the tall columns following the small water fountains until you reach the big oval Magic Fountain. We'll meet on the far side closest to the steps. Look for wild and crazy DISer's speaking English (it's kind of hard to miss a DIS group).

Here is a picture of the fountain in fully glory. Here is an orientation picture from the steps at the Museu National d'Art Catalunya. The oval fountain at the bottom of the steps is the Magic Fountain. If you keep looking in the distance you will see two tall columns. Those mark the entrance at Placa Espanya.

FREE EVENT #2 - SATURDAY at Noon. Sardana dancing at the Cathedral. This is located in the center of the Gothic Quarter. Just ask anyone and they will tell you where the Cathedral is (just make sure they don't send you to La Sagrada Familia - that's a different cathedral in a different area). Sardana dancing is a traditional Catalan dance. Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia. In fact, you will hear Catalan spoken as much as Spanish! Here is more info. THIS EVENT WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL THURSDAY, MAY 24TH. Sardana dancing times vary - it has been held on Sundays or on Saturdays depending on when they feel like having the dancing. I will verify and post by Thursday (and will also update those at the Magic Fountains on Friday night).

LET'S have a GREAT, FUN, FREE time in Barcelona!!!!

Sue

The dancing fountains do sound cool :cool2: I just would hate to miss the last night on the ship! After 2 weeks I don't want it to end :)

Updated the site today. Still adding some people :) Hopefully some of those that are listed and have not posted much will join us! We don't bite :)

And did anyone notice that Lynn posted #3000!!:banana: :banana:

I really need to get moving on some cruise things. Usually we have the binder already, but it is all in a folder :thumbsup2

Another day closer!

Debbie

I am so ready for this cruise. Get thru this week, and to next Thursday and I have a long weekend in Solvang...after that, I think it will all feel down hill from there since every weekend thru April 27th is already booked with stuff to do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter