March Monthly Challenge Thread - Come and join the fun!

Okay, I've been busy so far this month. Put together an album for DD teacher who is leaving next friday. So been working very late nights to get it done and finished it today.

Made an 8 x 8 album with 36 pages (18 kids in the class, each kid got a 2 page spread) and a cover and ending page. I made journal cards for each kid and then scrapped it with their photo on the other page. It turned out really cute.

So even though I didn't do the journaling, did make all the cards, matted and embellished each page.

So do I count my 38 pages? what to be fair with my count since the kids did the writing.

Thanks!

Wow that is a lot of work. Just to get it all done and getting the kids involved is enough in itself. I think it should count! What a nice thing to do for the teacher.

Wow that is a lot of work. Just to get it all done and getting the kids involved is enough in itself. I think it should count! What a nice thing to do for the teacher.

Thanks you! He is more that worth it! he only teaches on Friday and the district is forcing him out since he didn't have the correct number of credits for teaching the hispanic kids at school, we all think its pretty S**ty since there's only 2 1/2 months of school left and he was planning on retiring in June.
We actually honored him today at assembly with the whole school! we did a big letter writing campaign to the board, but they wouldn't budge :mad: so we are losing a wonderful teacher and friend to our school and I wanted to make a special memory for him to take away from his last class of students. I am bringing it in Monday to show the kids and we will give it to him at his party Friday.

I am up to 34 pages so far. Completed honeymoon book (from 1995:lmao: ) and created a book for each of my sons with their class picture and their school picture with some school paper from target. They came out cute so far. Another 2 books to keep up to date. The bad part is I cant find my oldests class picture from 3rd grade. :confused:

Got another page done tonight which brings me to 3 for the month. I know I'll do more tomorrow because I already "laid" them out.

7 for me! No chance of any today :sad2: and toorrow Dh says he wants to tidy the conservatory (I can't leave him to do it alone as he'll throw things away :headache: )

I got 8 done yesterday...work closed around noon, since we are under a "blizzard warning". I should be able to get a bunch done today too, since with a level 3 snow emergency I have the perfect excuse to not go anywhere!:rotfl:

I am quite excited that I am finished with the "in the hospital" pics for my DD who is 3m. I am tired of cropping out hospital equipment! I am working on her "coming home for the first time" page now!

Morning, everyone!

The totals have been updated and I hope I got it all correct. Please let me know if I made a boo-boo somewhere.

I finally finished sorting and filing all of my negatives and photos, some of which date back to when I used my mom's Kodak Brownie camera when I was in elementary school! I've even got some Disney shots in there. Not to see if I can find a photo lab to make some prints.

Keep up the good work! I'm hoping to get some pages done this weekend. I ordered the extra photos I needed for my WDW '05 trip, so as soon as they arrive I'll be able to get started on those pages.

So even though I didn't do the journaling, did make all the cards, matted and embellished each page.

So do I count my 38 pages? what to be fair with my count since the kids did the writing.

Thanks!

Yes! A finished page is a finished page!!! :thumbsup2

I am up to 34 pages so far. Completed honeymoon book (from 1995:lmao: ) and created a book for each of my sons with their class picture and their school picture with some school paper from target. They came out cute so far. Another 2 books to keep up to date. The bad part is I cant find my oldests class picture from 3rd grade. :confused:

Now I'm not feeling so bad that I haven't done mine from 1996. Whew!

I'd like to thank everyone for their enthusiasm. It's that enthusiasm that has caused me to get back into scrapping. I may not be getting a lot done, but I have the ideas and want to keep plugging along.

Thanks!

I think this is going to be a small month for me. I think I'll take some time during Spring Break to work, but so far I've been swamped. Grr.:upsidedow

2 more for today for a monthly total so far of 5. That's probably going to be it for me today seeing as I have to work later.

I did 3 pages today from our 2006 Disney Trip. :dance3: Plus I went through all my scrapbook supplies and reorganized them. I had them in 3 different places and now they are all together. I had no clue I had this much stuff :laughing: I told DH if I said anything about buying more scrapbooking stuff, someone should shoot me.:rolleyes: However, I have a great DH and he loves it that I have the stuff and use it. He's always more than happy for me to get more. DH is the greatest! :love:

Is it too late to join in for March? If not my goal is to get 10 pages done (8x8 size) for our last WDW trip in Feb.

:goodvibes

I managed to squeeze in two more yesterday:woohoo:

And don't feel bad about wedding/honeymoon albums, it was only this Christmas I did mine from 1990 :lmao:

I got 12 pages done yesterday- lots more to go as my goal this month is to complete 78.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter