Mama Jean's Lawn Displays 2008 Update Page 11 Post 165 - Stick a fork in it. lol

Oh my goodness. I love it. I nearly died laughing when I saw that she had washed the brown paint off, sans the hair, to make the priest.
AMAZING.

LOVIN' IT!!!

It's amazing how a trip to the DisBoards can brighten ones day. Thanks TnPF!

:rotfl2:

SO worth the wait. James Brown holding the water-logged book is just perfect.

I'm thinkin' tht Mama Jean must be a transplant from the Hamden section of Baltimore. This sort of decor would fit in just perfectly here. She could make all her mannequins elves at Christmas and put a beard on the James Brown/MLK head to make him Santa, throw in a bunch of blinking big colored strings of lights, and it would be a perfect addition to the the wonder that is Baltimores 35th street in December. Baltimore didn't produce John Waters for nuthin'.

I have to say that I really enjoyed the remote control in the bride's hand...as it should be! Is mine the only household in America where the woman controls the remote? DH looks forward to me being gone just so he can control the remote...hee hee!:happytv:

This was the longest day of my life! The pics wouldn't load at work :( , so I had to wait all day to see them. Definitely worth the wait! :thumbsup2

Perhaps I am being slow today--what is with the remote? Is she trying to bribe him with it? Is she using it to control him? Is it supposed to be a stun gun? I am so confused.:confused3 :rotfl:

I was thinking it was more that it is all opposites. Instead of Run-Away Bride, it is Run-Away Groom, instead of the groom having the remote, the bride does???????

I have to say that I really enjoyed the remote control in the bride's hand...as it should be! Is mine the only household in America where the woman controls the remote? DH looks forward to me being gone just so he can control the remote...hee hee!:happytv:
Nope, another TV Nazi here...."No More Remote For You!"

It's pretty sad when you drive past a yard sale, see Christmas decorations and think "Hmmm....I bet Mama Jean could use them, too bad I don't know where to ship them to." Could you see the UPS man stopping at her house almost daily because the DIS board has started sending her random decorations?!?!?! :rotfl:

Oh I amuse easily!

I would have thought she would have done a 4th of July Red White and Blue Spectactular! Oh well.

Star

I don't know if she did or if she didn't decorate for the 4th. I assume that she did. Since I only went to work on Thursday, due to my gallbladder drama, I don't know. I didn't go by her house on Thursday. I am hoping to venture out tomorrow to the store to buy more bland food and beverages after Corey heads off to the airport. I can take a side trip to Mama Jean's to grab some photos maybe. Sorry guys.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were having gb issues. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Thanks so much for sharing all of these. I have even e-mailed this thread to my mom and friends because it is so funny! I hope you feel better! :goodvibes

Pleez to ask hubby or frend to visit Mama Jean?

1027045251_8f6d4cc9ae.jpg

Honestly folks, I haven't forgotten about Mama Jean or this thread, but with the illness, surgery, recovery, a batch of kidney stones, and my job's normal late summer rush, I just haven't made the effort to take the photos.

You have missed a Salute to Firefighters, Back to School, and a Tribute to 9-11. Frankly, I just don't have it in me to take pictures of the current 9-11 display. 9-11 is still a very painful subject for me. I cry over the memories pretty easily.

I do hope to do better with reporting on the displays in the coming weeks, especially since we have the big 3 holidays in our not too distant future. Please forgive me for having a bit of a rough patch here recently. I look forward to sharing her genius with you again soon.

Thanks for writing about my fave thread ever!!!! I've missed it and will look forward to it whenever you can post. xoxoxoxoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter