Mama Jean's Lawn Displays 2008 Update Page 11 Post 165 - Stick a fork in it. lol

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan

<font color=blue>Identifies with Pumbaa's Flatulen
I would like to share with you the holiday displays of a very sweet woman named Mama Jean. She greeted me with a hug when I met her today. Some of you have seen her displays in another rather infamous thread, but I want to let that one die and treat her efforts with the respect that they deserve. Mama Jean is 70 years old and has lived on the same street her entire life. When she was little, there were only 5 houses on the street that she lives on, but the metro area caused explosive growth in our county about 25 years ago now that street has those original houses and a bunch of suburban subdivisions. She is basically a sweet old gal with a passion for making people happy.

Case and point, the infamous Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Display
1089531.jpg

1089532.jpg

She did that display and the following display at the request of a teacher friend that was hoping that she would do something that would "speak" to his middle schoolers. She had hoped to do the displays last year, but cut off her toe with the lawn mower and had to put it off until this year.

For Black History Month/Valentine's Day she chose to use the African American Icons that she did to appeal to the middle schoolers. She wanted the kids to know who was out in her yard.
155152HeartLightsonFence.jpg

155152BigBench.jpg

155152RoseTableSideofYard.jpg

155152LipsTable.jpg

155152TheYard.jpg

15515202-BlackHistoryWhitney-n-James.jpg

Well, as you can see Whitney has kicked Bobby to the curb for the ghost of the Godfather of Soul, James Brown!
15515203-WhitneyHouston.jpg

15515204-JamesBrownFestive.jpg

Did you see that? Let's look one more time at that noggin'!
15515205-JamesvsMLK.jpg

Yep, MLK's been redesigned as another dead African American icon and is now sporting a wig!

MLK, Jr. and Coretta. Notice the new noggin' on MLK. Also, you can see there is a rose in a vase on the table and a martini glass. I never took Dr. King for a drinker!
155152MLK-PartyTable.jpg

15515210-MLK-N-Coretta4.jpg

15515211-MLK-N-Coretta3.jpg

Bill Cosby and Oprah decided to step out for the evening. I hope that their SO's didn't mind being left out of the evening.
15515206-Bill-n-Oprah.jpg

Poor Bill's head.....at least it's not made out of puddin'.
15515207-BillCosby2.jpg

And Oprah, she's having a thin day and brought one of her dogs along.
15515208-OprahwithDog.jpg

Ok, so that was the old stuff. Mama Jean has created a yard display for St. Patrick's Day that I am sure that everyone is going to love. No mannequins, but a very special collection for sure. I will post photos as soon as I can get them edited and uploaded.

I think we should indeed form a Mama Jean Fan Club and on top of that, we need to contact Ellen! I would like to do that, because she and Ellen would get along famously.

I love how "Oprah's" shoes are just sitting there on the ground with no feet in them. Those pictures are just too funny. I have tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard.

I would love to join the Mama Jean fanclub! I look forward to seeing this much anticipated, sure to be overwhelming St. Patrick's Day lawn gala! :banana:

Thank you Mama Jean for lifting our hearts! Thank you for posting these pics.:hug:

Got to love Mama Jean. I wish I had her living on my street. Everybody needs one.

Can't wait to see the new stuff.popcorn::

The tears are tripping me as we say down these parts......to to funny.

Mama Jean you are a Legend !!!

i wanna be in the mama jean club too..............

that lady is kewl !!

I'm so glad that we know her name now!

She seems to really care about her yard set-ups. Even if they are a bit different than what most people would do I love 'em! :love:

Ok, let's start with the rather festive mailbox...
155152SPD-001-Mailbox.jpg

A Leprechan
155152SPD-002-Leprechan.jpg

A Loafin' Leprechan
155152SPD-004-LeprechanBench.jpg

I see a Hidden Kermit....and he looks like he's hiding in a Wes Palm tree!
155152SPD-005-HKinWesPalm.jpg

Old Glory and the Pot-O-Gold lights
155152SPD-005-PotOGoldLights.jpg

Hoppy St. Patrick's Day!
155152SPD-008-KermitTower.jpg

Tower of Kermits
155152SPD-007-KermitFullView.jpg

Tower of Kermits part deux
155152SPD-007-KermitTower.jpg

Side View....I love how the light was hitting them
155152SPD-006-KermitTowerSide.jpg

If Kermit was Barry Gibb....does that make the twins Robin & Maurice?
155152SPD-009-Kermit-n-theBoys.jpg

Middle Frogs
155152SPD-010-KermitTower-Frogs.jpg

Kermit....seems a little happy to see us.....oh my!
155152SPD-011-Kermit-Package.jpg

Final Kermit....
155152SPD-012-Kermitatbottom.jpg

I must say that when I caught the first glimpses of Kermits this morning, I was very excited. Not only is he a licensed Disney character, he has that whole Rainbow Connection thing going on and best of all, he's LIME GREEN! It's almost like she knew we were watching. I hope you all enjoyed it.

The Easter display will be up soon, but Mama Jean says she will put it up at the other end of the yard. Keep your eyes open for a Happy Easter!

Thank you so much to Mama Jean. She does a lot of work on these ~ I love them! The world needs more artists like her. :)

Joining Mama Jean's fan club! Too funny. Please keep them coming. I can't wait to see Easter. My 16 year old daughter wants to join too.

I <3 Momma Jean!!

The Kermies are FANTASTIC!

Any chance of getting a pic of Mama Jean?

Does she know she has an Internet following?

Does she need supplies? I probably have some stuff kicking around the house that she could use!

I LOVE the Kermit display!

I wanna join the Mama Jean fan club. She seem like such a sweet woman. Her yard displays make my day. :flower2::flower2::flower2:

Lindy -

My thanks to Mama Jean for her most entertaining lawn displays. :goodvibes I think we need more people like her, don't you?

And props to you for keeping it respectful! :thumbsup2 She sounds like a doll and so do you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter