Mama Jean's Lawn Displays 2008 Update Page 11 Post 165 - Stick a fork in it. lol

Can't wait!!! What can it be???
:idea: Earth Day?
:confused: Mother's Day?
:idea: Very early Memorial Day?
:surfweb: <---anxiously awaiting update!

Maybe a welcome spring display?
Maybe Walpurgisnacht day? Is she German?
Maybe a tax day display?

All the possibilities are just too exciting to think about!:cheer2:

I hope Mama Jean decorates again soon! I'm in need of a few good laughs.

I messed up and missed getting photos of the last display. I am not sure why she had it out, other than the fact that she is a good old patriotic soul. She had a couple of figures dressed in camo with a couple of kiddie toy cars, also camo colored, along with a sign that said to Remember to Honor and Pray for our Troops. For some reason, when I went by her house last week to get the pictures, it was gone. The yard looked like a lot of the stuff out there had been cleaned up. I am not sure exactly what is going on. I will post details when I know more or if there is a new display.

:hug: I hope Mama Jean is OK! She may be a bit eccentic, but at least she tries!

Mama Jean does know that mother's day is tomorrow right? I mean, she is a "Mama" after all.

Maybe some baby dolls in carriages? Perhaps some mom manequins in bonnets? (Oh that's right, all the mom manequins were underwent gender changes to pose as MLK, and James Brown for Black History Month)

She has to have something...

Yes there was a Mother's Day display. I saw it earlier this week on my way to work. No camera in the car, but it was up. The next morning, with camera in hand, the display had fallen victim to winds and the pink umbrella had fallen and taken out half of the display. I had hoped that it would be fixed yesterday, but it wasn't because we had wind and rains overnight. Again, last night, we had total toad strangling rains. So, except for one day, this display has not been photo worthy. I guess I am just going to have to park the cheapy digital in the trunk, so that I can catch the displays when they are up and "fresh". I am sorry guys.

Yes there was a Mother's Day display. I saw it earlier this week on my way to work. No camera in the car, but it was up. The next morning, with camera in hand, the display had fallen victim to winds and the pink umbrella had fallen and taken out half of the display. I had hoped that it would be fixed yesterday, but it wasn't because we had wind and rains overnight. Again, last night, we had total toad strangling rains. So, except for one day, this display has not been photo worthy. I guess I am just going to have to park the cheapy digital in the trunk, so that I can catch the displays when they are up and "fresh". I am sorry guys.

:eek: OMG, I was in a panic when I read the title; I thought that perhaps we wouldn't be seeing any more of Mama Jean's displays at all... But now I see it's just the weather wreaking havoc, so all is good :cloud9: .

:eek: OMG, I was in a panic when I read the title; I thought that perhaps we wouldn't be seeing any more of Mama Jean's displays at all... But now I see it's just the weather wreaking havoc, so all is good :cloud9: .

I initially had the same upsetting thought...

but a little bad weather we, her loyal fans, can deal with -- but I still feel sorry for Mama Jean even so... It's hard to see something you worked on, get messed up.

We are having very gusty winds today. The windchimes outside our house that rarely chime are making lots of noise today. I don't think that things will have improved any, but I am going to head over there in a bit to see if it has.

Yikes! You scared me. I thought something happened to Mama Jean. I'm so happy that she is OK that I can't be sad over not seeing the display. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter