• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

MAJOR changes to Genie+!

Sigh - I was one of the few holding out hope I could buy a later evening Remy instead of dealing with Genie+ refreshing to try and get the time we wanted (park hopping to Epcot for evening)... but happy for those it helps!!!

Do you know how quickly Remy typically sells out on G+?

Do you know how quickly Remy typically sells out on G+?
From thrill-data looks like it sells out from anywhere in 30 mins to an hour... but a few other drops throughout the day... at least for recent weeks. I'm going to try at 7:05/7:10 for a late day reservation and keep refreshing in hopes to get the time we need (we are trying to park hop to all 4 parks with Epcot last... it will be tight since you can't hop until after 2... so getting this Genie+ at the right time would be helpful).

We have EP 1st and then HS 2nd a few times planned. I figured SDD selection first, since we can RD Remi. Would you guys prioritize TT/FEA or MF (if still there)/ToT for 2nd? My guess is the HS selections since they'd be late afternoon / early evening SB's otherwise.

We have EP 1st and then HS 2nd a few times planned. I figured SDD selection first, since we can RD Remi. Would you guys prioritize TT/FEA or MF (if still there)/ToT for 2nd? My guess is the HS selections since they'd be late afternoon / early evening SB's otherwise.

I think you're right that you'll probably need to make a HS selection for second LL, because the two Epcot choices will have return times which are too late.

According to thrill-data.com, yesterday at 10:30 (2 hours after Epcot/HS opening), Test Track return time was 7:25 pm, and Frozen return time was 3:35 pm.

Exactly! I think a cap on the number sold is necessary and has been a long time coming. Of course, the cap will be accompanied by a price increase. But I'm okay with that, since, if the cap is meaningful, the product will be worth much more.

But I can't stand the stress and misery of having to stay up until midnight every single night of my vacation, and then having to get up at 6:45 the next morning, every single day. Each time accompanied by an adrenaline rush that makes it impossible to get to sleep (or back to sleep). With the pressure of trying to get lucky to win the Genie+ (and/or ILL$, and/or virtual queue) lottery in order to make the most of your vacation, into which you have already sunk thousands of dollars without a guarantee of success.

They HAVE to fix that.
Yes, yes to all the stress and pressure part! I’m so glad I didn’t have to deal with this when my child was young. We are planning one last trip with our Visa Disney Dollars. We hope it’s not just stress and dissatisfaction. We are still considering just using the points for a flight to somewhere adventurous, but relaxing.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what you said. It is sad what's happening to Disney. At the same time a lot of the changes are things they have always wanted to do. As much as everyone complains about the changes, they continue to fill the parks. Til people vote with their wallet nothing will change.
I know plenty of people who vote with their wallet. There are just so many people willing to take our places that it just keeps getting worse and worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter