MAJOR changes to Genie+!

What makes you think or did you see somewhere that they would announce anything prior to the August 7 date? Did you see something or is it wishful thinking or something else?
To the best of my knowledge, Disney has not announced that they will make an announcement. However, if they say nothing before the weekend, and the five rides that were moved from ILL to G+ all return to being ILLs, they will create a situation where they have three ILLs at Epcot and a policy that you can buy only two ILLs per day. That is unprecedented, and if it is going to happen, I think that should, could, and would say something about it before it went into effect. I'm actually optimistic that they are not going to return all five rides to ILL status, but that part may be wishful thinking. I admittedly could be wrong.

To the best of my knowledge, Disney has not announced that they will make an announcement. However, if they say nothing before the weekend, and the five rides that were moved from ILL to G+ all return to being ILLs, they will create a situation where they have three ILLs at Epcot and a policy that you can buy only two ILLs per day. That is unprecedented, and if it is going to happen, I think that should, could, and would say something about it before it went into effect. I'm actually optimistic that they are not going to return all five rides to ILL status, but that part may be wishful thinking. I admittedly could be wrong.

Dint Disney claim moving them was to do with park demand and number of people. Well 3 weeks of August have no availability at some parks now so probs best to leave it as it is for now

I hope they keep it as is, as I'm questioning the $15 value in Genie+ in these parks (with the exception of MK) without these attractions.
If they move three rides in epcot to ills then nobody should be purchasing genie plus for Epcot. All of the future world rides can be ridden with minimal or no wait from late afternoon to early evening. The only one that will have a wait is test track.

I dont think they will have more than 2 rides on ILL, so either Frozen or Remys will stay on genie+. Also for DHS I bet they would rather move Tower of Terror to ILL and leave MMRR as genie+ as ToT will be at half capacity for the time being.

I hope they stay like it is now, with TRON open they will have RotR, Tron, Guardians and Avatar which is a very good lineup for a few years. Then, hopefully they can add some rides that arent E tickets to improve Genie+ in the other non MK Park. Next eticket should be in AK but it is also de park that need more filler attractions.

At least a week ago, if not earlier. (In other words, it's overdue.)
Much like the Bibbidi Bobbidi reservation details. We are in early august which is insane be checking back for more details! Hard to nail down dining and park reservations while we wait and wait and wait.

But like magic band + and the “Hey Disney” setups, I guess it will happen eventually

Next eticket should be in AK but it is also de park that need more filler attractions.
It's HS that needs filler. When ROTR/RnR/Mickey are down, which seems to be happening a lot, plus ToT at half capacity, there's nowhere for the people to go.

AK has the whole train + petting zoo thing. HS has nothing.

It's HS that needs filler. When ROTR/RnR/Mickey are down, which seems to be happening a lot, plus ToT at half capacity, there's nowhere for the people to go.

AK has the whole train + petting zoo thing. HS has nothing.
We recently found out that both Frozen sing a long will be in refurb and we will just miss Fantasmic. We liked Frozen, no matter how many times we've watched it, given it was a cool place to take a breather and the lines varied by comedian. Bummed about Fantasmic, given the testing, and we thought we were timing it ok in Sept. All of us except me are afraid of RnR and ToT at HS, which limits what we can do at HS further. But I still try to visit HS 2-3x per trip. TSM is my favorite.

We have a few other refurbs such as Blizzard Beach and the EP Canada film, which is oddly one of our favorite things to do there.

There are some fillers in AK including the trails, but us as frequent visitors have a hard time staying from open to past lunch.

Oh no, when is this out of action? We love the films in the World Showcase. We travel 13th to 23rd August.
Sorry gone off topic!
Yes - the Canada film area is being used by Food and Wine. We almost always visit in Sept., and don't remember it being gone before, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

Me neither. Kennythepirate is one of the most "clickbait-y" Disney fan sites out there that tends to post rumors as if they're facts when they aren't.
Agree, well, his team - I don't typically see him writing articles himself. You usually have to scroll all the way to the bottom of their articles for the one sentence that is pertinent (and it may not be).

With the testing for Fantasmic I thought our timing in another month was going to be ok. We have folks who've only seen it once in 2013, and they only visit once in a great while. Hopefully we hear from Disney soon. Our anticipation built up more after seeing streams of DL version. We usually skip the movie magic show at HS in favor of a last ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter