June/July/August 2006 Code watch

mkymouse4ever said:
I have the ap rate too at the bc and was told only 10 days. When I have a longer ressie we have to break it up in two. i also played on the "site" and you can only do 10 days there too with the ap.

Maybe this is something new now. My last long trip was October 2005. We stayed 14 nights using and AP discount. We have always dones that up until that trip. Maybe this is a new rule? We couldn't get the rate for this trip as June is excluded. I guess I'll find out if I get an ap rate for our upcoming October trip.

What a week this has been.....

I called on Wed and booked my ressies with a wonderful CM named Ken that worked his Disney magic and came up with our dates at the YC even when at first they weren't there. Thanks Ken you restored my faith in the fact that there are decent kind CMs that do care :love:

Since I was told to call back Friday am for the other resorts to open at AP rates I did so this morning.

I got the rudest CM I have even encountered - Traci. She informed me very rudely that "you've been looking for a while and you are lucky to have what you have what else do you want." I was so shocked by her rude behavior. I am a customer after all!!!!

I was told there will be no other AP rates available for the July dates. The other resorts will not open.

Now we have to make a decision to either accept our split which is now SS and YC or to book off site.

I am so upset this morning I just needed to get this out :sad2: I could understand if no AP rates come out at those hotels but rude behavior is never acceptable.

That is really bad. I think Disney need to send these cms for extra training. Sorry she upset you.

Wow , been waiting and checking every day for the AP rates and we are gonna use them on our existing CR ressie in July. :hyper:
:sad2: Bummer :sad2:

I now feel like Clark Griswald after getting the fruit of the month club!

Wonder if Cousin Eddie will bring Robert Iger over to the house!

:goofy:

I have read alot on here that people have encountered RUDE cms. My question is "How do you react back to them?" I know some of you have said what happened but most of you have just said they were rude, I was just wondering because I can't believe that they get away with it.....I had a rude one this year too but I went right back at her (as I am a hockeymom) and she hung up on me....I called RIGHT back and spoke to someone else and they took her name (it was funny cuz when I said it the reaction was like this has happened before) Like people have said a million times on here we help pay their salaries and that is what they are here for is to assist us with ANY questions pretaining to DISNEY!!!! If they can't handle it get another job that you dont have to talk to people. Sorry to vent but I can't believe how many rude cms there are!!!

BTW Very happy for those of you that got to use the CODE and sorry to those of you that haven't as of yet!!
Also thanks to all that replied about OKW room!!! :thumbsup2

I was just wondering if any of you ever had the rude CM problem on the dining ressie line? I asked because i called every day for two weeks back in February to make all my dining ressies for our upcoming trip. I had the opposite experience. Every morning I got the best, friendliest Disney magical CM's every. If they are run seperately perhaps resort ressie CM's should take a lesson from dining ressie CM's.

Goofster said:
Wow , been waiting and checking every day for the AP rates and we are gonna use them on our existing CR ressie in July. :hyper:
:sad2: Bummer :sad2:

I now feel like Clark Griswald after getting the fruit of the month club!

Wonder if Cousin Eddie will bring Robert Iger over to the house!

:goofy:

:rotfl2: Love it!

MNRMommy said:
I was just wondering if any of you ever had the rude CM problem on the dining ressie line? I asked because i called every day for two weeks back in February to make all my dining ressies for our upcoming trip. I had the opposite experience. Every morning I got the best, friendliest Disney magical CM's every. If they are run seperately perhaps resort ressie CM's should take a lesson from dining ressie CM's.

I have never had a rude CM for dining - they are always so pleasant and leave me with a smile on my face!

I have also never had a rude CM for reservations, but I make most of my own online (yes, I am a control freak). But of those I have talked to, most were just very businesslike, which is fine. Only one or two were as friendly as the dining CMs.

My gut feeling is that some of the "rude" is not as rude as it is made out to be.... I have been on here a while and I know there is a subculture who (A) blames the CM if they can't have a discount. (Occasionally you get the poster who post all about how they TOLD the CM that if there was NO DISCOUNT etc... I have to figure if the "told" attitude comes off in your post there's a good shot it came off in your phone voice) And there is the group who if the CM is not "SUPER SWEET" then they are RUDE... (To this group being professional and business like is rude.. just like the DVC members who have an ATTACK if the CM doesn't say "welcome home")

And then there are the truly rude CMs. However considering this thread must have reports of 10,000 calls and not that many rude CMs (and most of the multi day, multi time callers don't post EVERY time the call....) the odds are good that you won't get a rude one...

(And if you are tempted to tell me off for this post.... that's a sign...)

CarolA said:

I wasn't "tempted to tell you off," but I think that's a tricky thing to put at the end of your post to discourage people from openly responding to your statements.

Although I check this thread regularly and post here often, I am not a daily caller to CRO. I've called about our ressies four times in the past two or three months: twice to make minor adjustments and add notes about who we were travelling with, once to inquire about whether a more affordable room became available, and once on the day the AP codes were released. Each time, I had the pleasure of dealing with very friendly and professional CMs. In fact, they encouraged me to call back daily to check if any rooms opened up! (I haven't.)
:thumbsup2
BUT...a while back, before we booked our resort, I called the passholder line about a problem I was having logging on to the passholder site. The CM who answered was EXTREMELY rude to me and told me that she couldn't help me, and no one I called at any other line could either. She said the form was "really simple and you just plug in the numbers it asks for...anyone can do it." I told her I was familiar with computers but still couldn't seem to log in. She asked me "WHY I wanted to access the site anyway" and I told her I was looking for info about possible discounts and when and if AP codes would be released. She said I was "stupid" for purchasing an AP for that reason because they would probably not be releasing codes since they are booking up at rack rates. She said I'd "wasted my money" and repeated it was a "stupid move." I asked her again if there was someone else I could speak with or another number to call for assistance, she said no, and that I should have just purchased a package "like everyone else." Okay, so I know the woman probably was having a GRUMPY day, but I hung up the phone really upset and discouraged.
:sad2:
This had nothing to do with me being sensitive or "blaming the CM if I can't have a discount." She was unpleasant and rude and I hung up feeling offended and disappointed. I understand that the other 4 out of 5 CMs I spoke to were pleasant, and that's not a horrible percentage. But I'm sure that Disney strives to have their CMs be as kind to the guests as possible, especially when the guest is being kind to them.

Yes, there are always people that will insist on saying something negative about everything, but I guess we've come to expect a different sort of treatment from the Disney CMs. Not because we're passholders or "devoted Disney fans." Because we're human beings.

kath1210 said:
I have never had a rude CM for dining - they are always so pleasant and leave me with a smile on my face!

I have also never had a rude CM for reservations, but I make most of my own online (yes, I am a control freak). But of those I have talked to, most were just very businesslike, which is fine. Only one or two were as friendly as the dining CMs.

I've never had a rude CM either. I don't understand how some folks get these nasty CMS. I call a lot since I got twice a year. I have yet to encounter anything but nice CMs. Sometimes they aren't as informed as I'd like but they are all nice.

MNRMommy said:
Yes, very rude! She almost yelled at me when I asked about the Candlelight Processional packages. I couldn't believe it. And, sorry, but I've called a couple times this week and I get different answers from different CMs so I call back. That's not my fault, that's Disney's fault. Some aren't as helpful as others, but this one was nasty. I also had one hang up on me too which shocked me. I called when the party tickets were released to check to see if in fact they were for a friend who asked me to keep him posted. When I asked if the tickets were available for purchase, she said no and hung up. I was shocked.

CarolA said:
My gut feeling is that some of the "rude" is not as rude as it is made out to be.... I have been on here a while and I know there is a subculture who (A) blames the CM if they can't have a discount. (Occasionally you get the poster who post all about how they TOLD the CM that if there was NO DISCOUNT etc... I have to figure if the "told" attitude comes off in your post there's a good shot it came off in your phone voice) And there is the group who if the CM is not "SUPER SWEET" then they are RUDE... (To this group being professional and business like is rude.. just like the DVC members who have an ATTACK if the CM doesn't say "welcome home")

And then there are the truly rude CMs. However considering this thread must have reports of 10,000 calls and not that many rude CMs (and most of the multi day, multi time callers don't post EVERY time the call....) the odds are good that you won't get a rude one...

I am not tempted to "tell you off" but I do think I need to respond as I posted this morning about the "rude CM" I encountered.

I wasn't in the slightest bit rude, nasty, or anything else to the CM on the line. Let alone the fact that I am a busineswoman and will not resort to that type of manners I wouldn't have had time to do so even if I wanted to.

Immediately upon taking my information and the reason for my call the statement I quoted this morning was exactly the response I was given. It was uncalled for and very rude of the CM.

I don't need the CM's to be a wonder personality but I expect proper customer service and what I received wasn't even close. It was suprising actually because I don't think I have ever run into that type of "service" from a Disney employee before. Yes they may take many calls about codes, and yes they are probably tired of it but that doesn't give them reason to be rude to paying customers. I expect proper customer service nothing more nothing less.

I was just checking to see what was available during our end of July trip at AKL and EVERYTHING is availabe (Standard to suites). I think another code will come out later this summer.

I have had a cm being rude to me because she could not understand my English accent - she hung up on me and no way was I rude, that is not in my nature and I was not asking about AP rates either. Make what you will of this, I dare say some will.

Sorry didn't mean to start anything but I was curious. I called back in Feb about the Family Suites at ASMu and she was extremely rude. Told me that there was no such thing (I had just spoken to another cm the day before who initially told me that would be my best bet going with 4 kids) and I didn't know what I was talking about so I told her about the girl the day before (btw who was great) and she said they didn't have anything like that. The whole time she was rude, so I told her she didn't have to be so rude and she hung up!!! :confused3. I called back got an amazing one and she did everything for me, then informed me that they were not avail to book until the following week. So see there you go rude and undertrained!!!

I know this is OT. Sorry!!!!!!

:lmao: I hope you're wearing your riding helmet!

Does anyone think it's possible for Disney to decide at the last minute to release some kind of June code? Don't they sometimes print codes in, say, Spanish language newspapers, to attract specific demographics?

I am NOT saying that you won't occassionally get a rude CM, but if you read this board you can get the feeling that rude is the rule not the exception. I can honestly say I have never gotten a rude CM. (I have gotten clueless CMs but that is another thread!)

I think message boards like this tend to point out extremes. For example reading on the resort board you see lots of "I got upgraded" posts. So then the first time visitor goes and thinks "Everyone" gets upgraded and thier vacation is ruined when they get the standard view they paid for.... And in truth MOST of us don't get upgraded. We just don't post that "I got what I paid for" That's no biggie... LOL!

(And yes, I have read the "my vacation was ruined because my room at X was standard view" Sometimes folks take the exception and make it the rule.)

And considering a poster once sent me a PM volunteering to "break my leg" so I would need a handicapped accessible room that they thought was the WORST thing that had ever happened to them... I wondered how they treated the CMs the came in contact with. Unfortunately AP holders and DVC owners tend to get a bad rep due to a few bad apples.... You have seen them... the man making an "example" of himself by shouting at the CM about "I PAID XXX for this vacation, I am an AP holder, I own DVC " etc. None of that should matter and unfortunately the times I have seen it, it's often been for things that the "special person" wasn't entitled to. (I once saw an AP holder yell at a CM because "AP holders just get to go in the fast pass lines whenever they want, we don't have to get the fast passes" and what I have seen some of my fellow DVC members is even worse)

CarolA said:
You have seen them... the man making an "example" of himself by shouting at the CM about "I PAID XXX for this vacation, I am an AP holder, I own DVC " etc. None of that should matter and unfortunately the times I have seen it, it's often been for things that the "special person" wasn't entitled to. (I once saw an AP holder yell at a CM because "AP holders just get to go in the fast pass lines whenever they want, we don't have to get the fast passes" and what I have seen some of my fellow DVC members is even worse)

You're right on Carol.....

I've seen these things as well & unfortunately, I think that planning a vacation (especially a Disney vacation) brings out the worst in people.

I'm sure that on occasion, people do encounter CRO CM's who they consider to be rude.....BUT....I have no doubt that the CM's get a little tired of angry people, rude people, overly happy people & people telling sob stories, who are only grubbing for a discount & probably don't have any intention of booking a ressie....

I had a long conversation with a CM, not too long ago, who did let me know that they are indeed rated on how many people book with them. They're not comissioned, but their pay & success with the company are determined by their percentage/number of successful bookings. I worked for a major vacation/tour company & we were rates on 2 things.....

1) Percentage of bookings

&

2) Time spent on each call

Disney CRO CM's are rated the same way!!!!

I'm in retail & we have a little thing called "conversion" that we monitor on an hourly & daily basis.......It's basically a sensor in the front of the store that counts every person who walks in. We're supposed to "convert" at least 30% of the people who come into our store, into purchasers. CRO basically works the same way. So, each time we call & don't book, it decreases the CM's "conversion". If I were a CRO CM, I'd get pretty PO'ed too.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter