June/July/August 2006 Code watch

Fl resident rates are indeed out for the same time frame as the AP. It's been 7 years since I haven't been able to get the FL resident rate for any time frame that I've visited.
Funy thing is they tell you to visit the website, but the website doesn't list the discount yet!

5boyz said:
Mike did you get that one for me?!! LOL!!! What a great deal. Do you know if they would have that avail for 11 nights at that rate? :thumbsup2

OKW is a huge resort so it is possible that all 11 nights would be available with the discount. When are you going?

5boyz, I am staying for 14 nights, the $390 for a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West was available for all those nights! This was for July 23-August 6. I only booked a few as we will be using our points for the other nights (DVC members) and staying at the Beach Club some nights, but it was definitely available. Hope everyone gets something!

Just wanted to let you all know that I called back today to pay the balance on my 2 rooms since I called yesterday and was told only standard view rooms could get the AP code applied. Well, thank goodness I asked again before paying because today the CM said there was no restriction like that. The only restriction was for certain resorts, yes YC is included. She checked availability and we could apply the AP code to my 2 YC water view concierge rooms!! Saved $640!!!!

And the moral to this story is: call again!! :banana:

GOT THE FL RESIDENT RATE!

Switched to YC and saved $34 off my AAA rate! Not much, but my DD loves the pool at YC so she will be thrilled!

how much are the Florida Resident rates currently? same as AP? Maybe i missed it, but thanks!

ddbb :thumbsup2

pixie dust 112 said:
For the first morning in a long time I didn't check these boards or the passholder site this morning :surfweb: . By this afternoon all the standard rooms at the AP rate were already booked at BWI, BC and YC and, as there are 5 of us, we couldn't do a DVC studio :sad1: . But I tried again just before 10:00 tonight and was able to get 10 nights at BWI for $189 a night :jumping1: , July 7th - 17th! :genie: So things do open up. Keep trying. This happened to us last year at Port Orleans. They were totally booked. I tried every day for weeks and finally a room opened up a week before we left! pixiedust:

Never stayed at BWI before - to get to Magic Kingdom, is it quicker to take the bus or to go to EPCOT and take the monorail?

Sorry to all of you June people who have waiting and hoping. It's got to be a huge disappointment. I hope you still get to take your trip and that it is magical!

:bride: :groom: princess: princess: princess:

ABSOLUTELY take the bus to the Magic Kingdom. It would take you forever to walk to the International Gateway into Epcot all the way through to the main entrance and then to the monorail. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!!!

The bus will take about 15-20 minutes at most.

The Boardwalk area is WONDERFUL. You will love it.

Enjoy! :sunny:

Mike said:
OKW is a huge resort so it is possible that all 11 nights would be available with the discount. When are you going?

I thought that under the discounts you could only book up to 10 nights? I know that's how it is for the fl resident discount so I would assume the AP discount is the same.

cjsmith said:
I thought that under the discounts you could only book up to 10 nights? I know that's how it is for the fl resident discount so I would assume the AP discount is the same.

I've always booked 12-14 nights at once using an AP. I think packages are limited to 10 days but not AP rates.

DaisyD said:
I've always booked 12-14 nights at once using an AP. I think packages are limited to 10 days but not AP rates.

We had to split our reservation - 12 nights- into TWO separate reservations !!!!
No problem to get AP discount !!!

:wizard: :wizard: PD to all of you still waiting for more resorts to open up !!!
Laura :love:

I had to split our ressie between YC and BWI but CM told me to keep calling back things open up. I'm going to do that since it looks like it has worked for others. just need 2 more nights at YC.........

DaisyD said:

I wonder why they'll let you do over 10 days with AP but not for Fl resident. Who knows why they do anything anymore!

I have the ap rate too at the bc and was told only 10 days. When I have a longer ressie we have to break it up in two. i also played on the "site" and you can only do 10 days there too with the ap.

keishashadow said:
I'd like to think they'd offer @ least the 1st & part of the 2nd week discounts.
sunny.gif

I'm still keeping fingers crossed for Columbus Day week in October, even our AAA rate for 2 days is more than I want to spend.:bitelip:

Maybe this is a "ploy" to get people clamoring for the much-maligned BRP!
rolleyes.gif

If I hear the sanctimonious bit(s) again "...AP rates are just percs" and the "...if you can't afford it, don't go..." I'm going to scream:furious: .

A good deal is imperative for those of us who don't want to pay rack...even if we can afford to - WTH would we want to?

:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Made ressies back in Feb for Poly July 8-14, then last month after AP not coming out joined AAA(yes I joined since they wouldn't let me have it unless I had a number) then when I called back and they couldn't give me the AAA no more. Then AP came out and there was no love for the Poly but today I was playing around with dates again and some rooms had opened up at Poly july 9-15, a difference of a day and I got the AAA rate. I know it is not as good as an AP but I am very excited. :banana: :banana:

Okay, okay...So I know there's probaby no point to still getting up early and checking the boards for June/July/Aug codes, but old habits die hard!
:teeth:
Unfortunately, we weren't able to use the FL/AP discount that was released. The rate was great, but we'd have to switch from the 2 resorts we'd really wanted, downgrade rooms, and would only save less than $100, so it wasn't worth it. I doubt any other rooms codes will be released for our 7/7-7/15 dates, but I'm still holding out hope that someone will cancel their AAA or rack rate rooms for WL or AKL during that time. Then we could downgrade room views since we have Courtyrad and Savannah now.

Happy (rainy!) morning everyone, and have a great weekend!

:wizard:

I would call each morning for those rooms. People call every day for CRT hoping so what's the difference?

If anyone needs to know....I talked with a CM this morning and she said they weren't expecting anything for a while since an AP code just came out. I'll keep on hoping!!! :rolleyes2

MICKEY'S DREAMERS said:
We had to split our reservation - 12 nights- into TWO separate reservations !!!!
No problem to get AP discount !!!

:wizard: :wizard: PD to all of you still waiting for more resorts to open up !!!
Laura :love:

That's terrible! Are you using an AP or is it Florida discount? We have never had to split our room only ressie using an AP ever. We go twice a year for at least 12 nights. All on the same reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter