June/July/August 2006 Code watch

I just went to the passholder page to see if other resorts were included in the new August 6 - August 26 rates and I'm showing CBR for $117.00 per night standard room and BWI for 230.00 per night ro standard. The email I received said that rates will be published tomorrow but you could get them starting today. Great news for those going in August. I guess my getting a AP rate for the Contemporary during July is gone :bitelip:

FIGURES!
:sad2:
We finally gave up on hoping that any other hotels would release codes for our July dates at AKL and WL. We'd originally booked in mid-late August, then switched to July to avoid potential hurricane related travel issues, but we were still flexible to bump back to August since we booked room only at AAA rates.

Yesterday, I decided not to renew my AP (for the first time in 7 years!) and ordered 3 MYW Hopper passes with all the water park and DTD options. Today, the AP codes are released for the August dates that we cancelled. I did the Math and the potential savings was over $350, but the truth is, the dining plan would have saved more than that if we went in August anyway. (DH doesn't want to do the dining plan.)

YAY for all of you who waited so patiently. There seems to be lots of availbility still for those dates. Hope you get what you wish for!

:wizard:

OK what would you do...I do not have an AP. We are booked for 9 nights at POP August 24th through Sept 2. Its me, DH, our two little ones. We are on free dinning. So I bought 10 day passes, and we get free food...I dont think I can eat less than 30.00 per meal for all four of us and eat something decent. Do you?? I dunno....What would the price differences be??

KJMAX1 said:
OK what would you do...I do not have an AP. We are booked for 9 nights at POP August 24th through Sept 2. Its me, DH, our two little ones. We are on free dinning. So I bought 10 day passes, and we get free food...I dont think I can eat less than 30.00 per meal for all four of us and eat something decent. Do you?? I dunno....What would the price differences be??

There may be better savings with the AP rate over the DP but you'd have to figure out what you normally spend on meals etc.. and go from there. I know I originally had 8 nts booked AAA rate at the Poly starting 08/11 and have been waiting on AP rates. Then I decided to take a look at the DP costs and realized that by keeping the AAA rate for two nights, estimated 2 days of food, then 6 days of the DP, I saved money. It really only works that way when the DP is free and you do at least one table meal a day. I actually made a post last night re: my comparison, and have since saved an additional $40 approx. by changing the first two nights from AAA rate to AP rate.

See post #4 in thread
my cost comparison re: DP versus room discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter