June/July/August 2006 Code watch

TAKitty said:
I was just checking to see what was available during our end of July trip at AKL and EVERYTHING is availabe (Standard to suites). I think another code will come out later this summer.
They were available for the end of June too and nothing for codes. Also, now AKL is booked solid and it wasn't when ap rates weren't out yet. I think some people moved down in resorts because AKL and WL are less expensive of the deluxe resorts. There are NO AAA Rates for rooms the time we are going. Concerige is open now though :rotfl2: it never was before when I checked for rooms.

I hope they do release more, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. It's hard to tell with online how many of those types of rooms are really available.

Even though I am booked for Pop with an AAA rate for July, I was hoping to move up to a mod if an AP rate came out. I was curious whether Disney was as booked as they claimed for July, so I checked Expedia today.

For example, I checked for AKL for the month of July. From the dates of 7/1 to 7/10 the only dates that weren't available for a standard room was the 8th & 9th. The Savannah was available for the entire period of 7/1 to 7/10.

From 7/11 to 7/21 AKL standard room wasn't available from 7/11 through 7/16. Savannah was available the entire period.

From 7/22 through 7/31 standard and savannah was available the entire 10 days. The only view that wasn't available was the water/pool view.

I checked out one of the moderates, Port Orleans - Riverside and for 7/1 to 7/10 a standard view wasn't available 7/2 through 7/4. It was available all the other dates. From 7/11 through 7/21 a standard room and water view was availble the entire time and from 7/22 through 7/31 a standard room and a water view was available the entire time.

Coronado Springs seems to be the busiest moderate. There are other deluxes that are pretty much available except for certain dates. Would Disney offer AP's on certain moderates for example that have rooms that need to be filled for certain dates in July.

According to Expedia even the value hotels have rooms available. Pop Century is available for the entire period of 7/11 through 7/31 - standard and preferred rooms. The only time that there are certain dates not available are 7/2, 7/3 for a standard room and 7/2 and 7/3 for a preferred room.

I checked Disney's website and rooms are available for the above resorts working around the dates that Expedia says rooms aren't available.

Do you think that Disney would give AP discounts later on in June for the month of July when they see that certain hotels that have rooms that they want to fill?

Is there a reason that Pop has so many rooms available. I am starting to worry that it's not as good as people say. I have read that people consider Pop better than the All Stars so why are there so many rooms available?

Has Disney ever offered AP discounts or general public room only discounts on one value hotel or would they just not offer and fill rooms?

I would love to read other opinions from posters that have posting every day on the June/July/August Code thread. It has been interesting reading every day. I missed it today.

I think one thing to keep in mind is that Disney isn't always aiming for 100% occupancy. They need a little flexiblity in the rooms and they also want to accomodate those folks who get a wild hair, fly to Disney and book at the last minute paying rack rates!!! There have also been reports on here that they are having a hard time filling custodial jobs etc. So in that case staffing may limit what they want to sell.

Pop is a big resort which probably explains why there are more rooms there.

As to what Disney will do, who knows? They have never before offered AP rates for such a small selection of rooms. However, I would NOT hold out hope for much else during July.

Quote<<<Time spent on each call

Disney CRO CM's are rated the same way!!!!>>>

I wonder if many of the CMs I've spoken to know about this! I've been in awkward situations with a few CMs, when, after getting everything booked, they'd say how they were from my city, tell me what attractions not to miss, etc, just going on and on talking, and I didn't know how to end the conversation! I just wanted to get off the phone, since I'm not much into small talk.
I have no problem ending the conversation with rude CMs, just telling them "I'm going to hang up now and call back to speak to a nicer person", but I have a hard time trying to get the overenthisiastic CMs off the phone.

Aisling said:
Quote<<<Time spent on each call

Disney CRO CM's are rated the same way!!!!>>>

I wonder if many of the CMs I've spoken to know about this! I've been in awkward situations with a few CMs, when, after getting everything booked, they'd say how they were from my city, tell me what attractions not to miss, etc, just going on and on talking, and I didn't know how to end the conversation! I just wanted to get off the phone, since I'm not much into small talk.
I have no problem ending the conversation with rude CMs, just telling them "I'm going to hang up now and call back to speak to a nicer person", but I have a hard time trying to get the overenthisiastic CMs off the phone.

So sorry, I should have clarified that they may not have the extreme time factor involved....but they do have the booking goals.... :)

Tink10: Just wondering if you know: after you've made a ressie and then if you call to add a request or have to change a day? Does the 2nd cm get the "sale" and is it minused from the 1st?

Bla... Bla .... Bla....
About 2250 posts and 150 pages ago.... some how this thread turned into a Debate Board thread! :confused3 :confused3
Up till last week I was only concerned about AP rates or codes coming out for June. Only to see that they skipped June! :sad2:
Now as I hang on to the very last bit of hope for some kind of 11th hour rate..... the debate gets worse. :confused3
Now I just feel that They OWE me a special discount for time served and good behavior on this thread! :rotfl2: :lmao:

So the Swan resort will be getting most of my money this time around..... too bad for Disney! I still plan to have a great time! :thumbsup2

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that Disney is trying to micro-manage the resort rates the way they were micro-managing the park hours a few years ago.

Yanno, this is going to sound heartless to the AP'ers, but I could understand not having an AP rate, but I cannot understand not having a FL resident rate. No doubt, it's been a mutually beneficial relationship between Disney and the state of Florida, but it seems as if the "mutual" is fading away. This whole thing just irks me.

Ziggy - that is terrrible. How could she not understand you? You're not from Newcastle are you? I'm from Carlisle and the CM's all think I'm Scottish.

Ring straight back and hopefully you'll get someone nicer.

Cinderella said:
Ziggy - that is terrrible. How could she not understand you? You're not from Newcastle are you? I'm from Carlisle and the CM's all think I'm Scottish.

Ring straight back and hopefully you'll get someone nicer.

No, I'm from Liverpool but don't have a strong accent :teeth:. I did call back and got a really nice cm that time. :) . All I can say is that not all the cms have the Disney spirit.

LuvDuke said:
Just my opinion, but it seems to me that Disney is trying to micro-manage the resort rates the way they were micro-managing the park hours a few years ago.

Yanno, this is going to sound heartless to the AP'ers, but I could understand not having an AP rate, but I cannot understand not having a FL resident rate. No doubt, it's been a mutually beneficial relationship between Disney and the state of Florida, but it seems as if the "mutual" is fading away. This whole thing just irks me.
I agree with you on the FL rates. Did the local visitors keep FL a float during the bad times? I don't know that, but it would seem like they did.

EEyorelover22 said:
I agree with you on the FL rates. Did the local visitors keep FL a float during the bad times? I don't know that, but it would seem like they did.

I don't want to take this thread OT, but the relationship goes back to when WDW was still on the drawing board with the creation of the Reedy Creek Improvement District.

I suspected there weren't going to be any June FL resident discounts when I didn't see them by the end of March. The FL Res discount is usually there long before they offer AP discounts.

I didn't check the board for several days and what happens? The CODE comes out! I know better!

We were booked GF CL 7/29-8/5. Of course, GF isn't included but BC and BWI were available for our dates. We made the switch to BWI standard room (one of our faves) at a savings of $2,000.00!!!! I don't need CL for that amount! ;)

I am so sorry for everyone with plans to travel in June. That is truly a bummer. Sending pixie dust your way for some Disney magic :wizard:

Thanks so much to everyone who diligently kept the rest of us slackers up to date on AP codes!

Hi,
I'm trying to find the AP rates from last year at the end of August? Did they even have any? I don't know if I should book rack rates now of wait. What do you guys think? :confused3

Harmony272 said:
Hi,
I'm trying to find the AP rates from last year at the end of August? Did they even have any? I don't know if I should book rack rates now of wait. What do you guys think? :confused3

My opinion is to book what you are willing to pay for. AP rates are not guaranteed. With what happened with June, there is no tellings. You can always upgrade to another resort if and when they come out. I believe that their were only 4/5 resorts that had the AP rate for july/august -- anyone??

Good Morning everyone.

Normally I book my Disney Hotels through Disney and currently have the POLY booked for JULY 11 Through JULY 16, as we all know there will be no AP or FL rates for that period. MY question is for those who have used AAA before, have any of you ever had trouble when checking in with your AAA reservation as compared to the one made through Disney. Also, is it like Disney pay the first night up front and then pay the rest off when you check in. As I said, this would be the first time doing AAA, as some discount is better then no discount.

Any other trip would have jumped to the AP resorts, but planning to propose to my GF and have it all planned out for the POLY.

Thanks
Tron72

I booked through CRO for the Poly with my AAA card- they just give you the AAA rate if it is available. You show the card at checkin.
But I reallywanted to post CONGRATULATIONS!!! and good luck on the proposal :cheer2:

Tron72-You can just call Disney and they can switch you to the AAA rate. I don't believe there is a need for you to book through a AAA agent. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!! :sunny:

When you say CRO that is the same as calling Disney, not meaning to sound unsure...just never called them by CRO.

Thanks again.

Tron72

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter