June/July/August 2006 Code watch

For the first morning in a long time I didn't check these boards or the passholder site this morning :surfweb: . By this afternoon all the standard rooms at the AP rate were already booked at BWI, BC and YC and, as there are 5 of us, we couldn't do a DVC studio :sad1: . But I tried again just before 10:00 tonight and was able to get 10 nights at BWI for $189 a night :jumping1: , July 7th - 17th! :genie: So things do open up. Keep trying. This happened to us last year at Port Orleans. They were totally booked. I tried every day for weeks and finally a room opened up a week before we left! pixiedust:

Never stayed at BWI before - to get to Magic Kingdom, is it quicker to take the bus or to go to EPCOT and take the monorail?

Sorry to all of you June people who have waiting and hoping. It's got to be a huge disappointment. I hope you still get to take your trip and that it is magical!

:bride: :groom: princess: princess: princess:

What time did they come out this morning? How early can you call to check to see if there are any more AP discount rates released?

Since they did Epot hotels today, what hotels would be in the Magic Kingdom area if they offered any discounts tomorrow?

I am wondering if they will offer AP discounts an area at a time. What would be a good time to check this site or call?

pixie dust 112 said:
Never stayed at BWI before - to get to Magic Kingdom, is it quicker to take the bus or to go to EPCOT and take the monorail?

Though I have never tested it myself for proof, I have heard from many (CMs and patrons) that the fastest way is the bus (even tho the bus stops at Swan/Dolphin and Beach/Yacht Club)

However, to catch the monorail you have to first get into Epcot (which is an amazingly short walk or boat ride from BWI/BWV :thumbsup2 - but then you have to make your way clear across the park which is quite a good walk. :)

I cannot believe no one snuck through last night and got an AP rate. It also seemed very strange to me that this morning people were still being told no and had to call back! Did anyone else think this seemed strange? :confused3

Stitch1404 said:
I cannot believe no one snuck through last night and got an AP rate. It also seemed very strange to me that this morning people were still being told no and had to call back! Did anyone else think this seemed strange? :confused3

Even when a few have gone through the night before, the next morning some people are told no. It's usually worse because the lines are jammed because there are lots more switches because the codes are property wide.

Someone said that they wouldn't release a code just for certain resorts and not property wide and that's exactly what they did do at least for now. I don't think it will change, but who knows.

Seems that no one is here this morning. I was going to call and see if anything is available at a moderate, but it wouldn't be worth it for me to renew my AP since the bulk of my June/July vacation is before the 5th. Miss the excitement though. Have a good day everyone! :wave2:

hapandpam said:
Seems that no one is here this morning. I was going to call and see if anything is available at a moderate, but it wouldn't be worth it for me to renew my AP since the bulk of my June/July vacation is before the 5th. Miss the excitement though. Have a good day everyone! :wave2:

I'm here :) , its difficult for me to call as I'm in the UK, did you get any news?

I'm here, as I didn't get rates for our resorts even though we are traveling 7/7-7/15. I haven't called yet but will call in a little bit and report back....

:wizard:

dreamsofdisney said:
I'm here, as I didn't get rates for our resorts even though we are traveling 7/7-7/15. I haven't called yet but will call in a little bit and report back....

:wizard:
I hope you have some luck. :sunny:

Hi, I'm here. I am foolishing hoping for a "general public" code for July.
I know, I know...but one can dream....can't they. I'm going to call just for the heck of it. I know that they usually do Passholders, FLA residents, disney visa holders and then"general public".

Hey, guess what.... the CM I spoke with told me they released
FLA res codes.... but not general public codes.....
Who knows...maybe we're next.. I wouln't count on it though because the CM told me they are very limited at the 5 resorts that they did release so the chances are not good. But I'm stubborn so I'll keep trying.

I called for POR and nothing yet. We changed from June to July 12-21 in hopes of a code and then they weren't for POR! Joke on us! Maybe later it will be for the rest of the resorts. Have a great day! :confused3

Booked a BC standard room last night using the AP code. It was only $100 more than our teacher's rate for a balcony room at the Dolphin, but until you factor in the cost of a fridge at the Dolphin, it's even less than that!

Lightyear said:
There is finally an email on the subject tonight. Same old news. :sad2:
I didn't receive the email, another reason whey people do call bright & early every morning. Usually get them in the evening after a code announcement...what's up with that?

keishashadow said:
I didn't receive the email, another reason whey people do call bright & early every morning. Usually get them in the evening after a code announcement...what's up with that?
Amen!! and my habits won't change for December either!!
Even though I think December is OUT for ap rates!

Mike said:
Ziggy - I got a 2BR at OKW for July 14 and 15 for $390/nt - AP discount was $110

Mike did you get that one for me?!! LOL!!! What a great deal. Do you know if they would have that avail for 11 nights at that rate? :thumbsup2

EEyorelover22 said:
Amen!! and my habits won't change for December either!!
Even though I think December is OUT for ap rates!

I'd like to think they'd offer @ least the 1st & part of the 2nd week discounts.
sunny.gif

I'm still keeping fingers crossed for Columbus Day week in October, even our AAA rate for 2 days is more than I want to spend.:bitelip:

Maybe this is a "ploy" to get people clamoring for the much-maligned BRP!
rolleyes.gif

If I hear the sanctimonious bit(s) again "...AP rates are just percs" and the "...if you can't afford it, don't go..." I'm going to scream:furious: .

A good deal is imperative for those of us who don't want to pay rack...even if we can afford to - WTH would we want to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter