June 2012 code watch?

also, we have already booked, if i want to check for pin how many free dinings are out there? also, do you just say, "hey, do i have a pin for free dining?'
thanks
mikewdw

You just call and ask if you have any PINs attached to your name. I've never had a situation in which I had one associated with my name and I hadn't already received a mailer or an email, but many others have, so it doesn't hurt to ask :thumbsup2

thank you. I have all but given up......so discouraged......:confused3

Seriously....don't give up! Last year the summer code wasn't released until the first week of May, and I believe it was the same the previous year. So wait until the second week of May before you get too discouraged :goodvibes

I'm checking in June 19th. Final payment is due May 5th. If they come out with a June discount after that, I guess i'd be out of luck?

Well last year we got a free dining code for June and this year...Nothing...so we are trying Universal for the first time ever. I was hoping to do both but without any discount this will be our first ever non-Disney Orlando trip!!! :(

I had just about given up on a free dining pin code for our June 24-July 2 stay. My husband called about making a slight change to our reservation and asked if there was any chance that way may have a free dining pin. We have called several times with no luck, and we haven't received anything by email or snail mail. After a short wait, the CM said "I think I have something"... Sure enough we got free dining! Saved us $1600! I'm not sure if the pin was attached to our name or the CM somehow was just able to give it to us. Either way...we are sooo happy! Don't give up...keep calling, you just never know!

So happy for you. I am convinced the CM's get certain leeway there. I had posted earlier about a CM giving me 35% off the Poly and calling it pixie dust. I called DAILY for a pin.....And they keep detailed notes on the calls as well. So you just never know! ):worship:

After reading this, I called to see if there happened to be any PIN codes on my account that could be applied to our upcoming June trip. I was shocked there were two offers, both of which are only available to apply through March 31st. Neither helped us - one was a room-only discount (which we already have) and the other was free dining at a deluxe resort (tempting, but even with the free dining, we'd be spending more to move up to deluxe from moderate). Anyway, my point is that you should ALWAYS call just to be sure. You never know. ;)

Seriously....don't give up! Last year the summer code wasn't released until the first week of May, and I believe it was the same the previous year. So wait until the second week of May before you get too discouraged :goodvibes

Yes, last year a code for mid June & rest of summer wasn't released until May. The year before that (2010) it was actually released by February. We went that year, so we had the discount early. Having to wait this long is AGONIZING! I'm still holding onto hope for May, though, since that's when it was released last year. So.hard.waiting. I'm usually a realist and go with the thought that I'm going to have to realize I'm going t o have to pay rack rate for my stay but this time I'm going with the glass half full theory. There's still time for that discount. I'm holding on for May...such a long wait.

Piratemom- I'd call back and see if that FD pin could be applied to a mod. That sounds like the code many people were getting for FD( QS at value and mods, DDP at deluxes) and it has the same book by date. I think some of the CMs don't know enough details of the codes or try to work them. Even if there are no mods available for FD with your dates, keep calling back b/c people are starting to cancel.

I'm joining in here. If we don't get a pin we might have to stay off site. :(

I called to see if they could do anything for me, but it was a no go today. I will call again tomorrow I guess. The CM on the phone did say that she was sure they would put out an offer for that time period soon. She said to keep checking the website.

Yes, last year a code for mid June & rest of summer wasn't released until May. The year before that (2010) it was actually released by February. We went that year, so we had the discount early. Having to wait this long is AGONIZING! I'm still holding onto hope for May, though, since that's when it was released last year. So.hard.waiting. I'm usually a realist and go with the thought that I'm going to have to realize I'm going t o have to pay rack rate for my stay but this time I'm going with the glass half full theory. There's still time for that discount. I'm holding on for May...such a long wait.

You're right, I'm sorry! I was thinking of 2009:

According to Mousesavers, the Room Only, Ap, FL resident, and package discounts for stays between June 7-August 8, 2009 were released on May 6 & 7.

So 2009 and 2011 codes for summer weren't released until the first week of May :goodvibes

Piratemom- I'd call back and see if that FD pin could be applied to a mod. That sounds like the code many people were getting for FD( QS at value and mods, DDP at deluxes) and it has the same book by date. I think some of the CMs don't know enough details of the codes or try to work them. Even if there are no mods available for FD with your dates, keep calling back b/c people are starting to cancel.

Frustrated right now. Decided to just take the plunge and move up to deluxe to use the free dining PIN, but when I just called back, she couldn't find it (or any notes about it, either). :confused3

I tried calling back two more times, but lost the call both times because of storms here. Guess I'll try back tomorrow and hope for the best...or for that May offer we're all hoping for!

I've called every day for the last four days. I thought I was finally getting somewhere today when the CM told me there was a "pin" associated with my DH's name! :cool1:

But, when she priced it out for me, it was more expensive than my existing reservation. :confused3 One step forward, two steps back! :rolleyes:

I've called every day for the last four days. I thought I was finally getting somewhere today when the CM told me there was a "pin" associated with my DH's name! :cool1:

But, when she priced it out for me, it was more expensive than my existing reservation. :confused3 One step forward, two steps back! :rolleyes:

I am also pin deprived. I called again and have nothing. Finally decided to go ahead and book and at least get 10% from AAA. Turns out that I can't get a AAA discount at POFQ (where I want to stay). She said they could do 10% off at CBR but I've already stayed there and want to try somewhere else. So I'm booked at rack rate I guess :scared1:

I never thought to have DH call and see if there was a pin attached to HIS name! :rolleyes1 Maybe there will be... When we've gotten our snail mail pins, I do believe that they were in his name. HUH. This has me thinking...

I have reservations for 2 rooms at POP for 6/16-6/22.

I just called to check availability to upgrading to Wilderness Lodge and was advised by a very nice CM to call back first thing Monday because it may end up not costing me any additional money then what I already have reserved.

I will be calling at 7:59 on Monday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter