June 2012 code watch?

I reserved us back in Jan, paid off what we have booked in Feb, is it still possible there's a new PIN in the system for me?

We want to go June 9 to June 17. My son's bday is the 16th. I have never gone in June before and am only picking that time because of school and his birthday. I would really love a pin. I have never done the dining plan and I wouldn't mind the free dining but for us I think the pin is the better deal.

We are planning for the dates June 9th-15th staying at the Polynesian.

Come on June peeps. Don't give up. We've drifted all the way back to page four. Gotta have hope!

Come on June peeps. Don't give up. We've drifted all the way back to page four. Gotta have hope!

LOL! I just checked back in on this thread in case I'd missed some great update...Still booked for June and still holding out hope for a better discount than the Spring Room Discount. Come on Free Dining!:thumbsup2

The fact that they've released free dining for Aug-Sept already is making me worry that something (even a % discount) isn't going to be released for the summer :(

Historically (from Mousesavers)
2009 - Room only discounts were released the first week of May
2010 - Room only and package discounts were released in Feb and March
2011 - % off room discount was released the first week of May (last week of April for AP holders)

Therefore, until the first week of May has passed, I'm not giving up hope! :thumbsup2

I also just booked the new Arts of Animation for June and would also love to see a code for our trip. I booked this morning and wonder if I call my AAA agent I might be able to get a better rate? I then wonder if I would have to cancel my reservation and re-book with AAA. I should not get up at 5am and try to do this next time. LOL

Would you all hate me if I told I get the room only 35% off no blackout pin? I did! Was able to bump my 20% poly spring room discount to 35%!!!!:worship:
And in case you are wondering HOW I got it - well I really didn't RECEIVE anything exceptI called Disney and politely asked why the poly was only 20% off instead of 30% like Epcot resorts? I POLITELY told the CM I think I have to rethink my plans b/c the cost was a little up there for me. Pixie dust b/c 35% off came my way on that phone call....:woohoo: What she did tell me was after this spring window closes (3/31) Disney re-evaluates their rooms and is a little more liberal with pin codes starting the MONDAY after a promotion ends.

Would you all hate me if I told I get the room only 35% off no blackout pin? I did! Was able to bump my 20% poly spring room discount to 35%!!!!:worship:
And in case you are wondering HOW I got it - well I really didn't RECEIVE anything exceptI called Disney and politely asked why the poly was only 20% off instead of 30% like Epcot resorts? I POLITELY told the CM I think I have to rethink my plans b/c the cost was a little up there for me. Pixie dust b/c 35% off came my way on that phone call....:woohoo: What she did tell me was after this spring window closes (3/31) Disney re-evaluates their rooms and is a little more liberal with pin codes starting the MONDAY after a promotion ends.
I hope that you are right about the re-evaluations! I really could use a pin code! I have called 3 different times to see if there is a pin code attached to my name, and I even changed my dates and asked then. UGH! SO frustrating!!!

Just paid off the balance on our June 21-24 trip. I don't think I've ever paid full price before since I started planning my own trips. Ugh...it's killing me. I even tried calling before I made the final payment and...nothing.

Oh well. My husband and I are going for a quick trip for our 10th anniversary without the kids, and the alone time at our favorite place will be worth it!

Question for the veterans though. If a discount does still come out, can I still get it even though my trip is paid in full? Would they give me a refund?

Just paid off the balance on our June 21-24 trip. I don't think I've ever paid full price before since I started planning my own trips. Ugh...it's killing me. I even tried calling before I made the final payment and...nothing.

Oh well. My husband and I are going for a quick trip for our 10th anniversary without the kids, and the alone time at our favorite place will be worth it!

Question for the veterans though. If a discount does still come out, can I still get it even though my trip is paid in full? Would they give me a refund?

I've never done this (as this is also my first time booking w/o discount) but I've read several time that you just call and they will apply the discount to your card. But I'm thinking that you still have to call early to assure availability. Hope this helps.

I do believe I've heard that if you have paid off your trip and a discount comes out you'll get the difference back to your credit card - what I dont know is what happens if that discount/change comes within the 45 day window.....

and YES!! there are still PINS out there!! I called months ago when I first booked my trip, and I had no pin - I called back a week or two later, and I had the 20% off no blackout dates..and then I called a few weeks later and got the "30% off a Deluxe hotel" pin - which was great b/c I was booked at the BC!!

and then I heard whisperings of Free Dining....and I REALLY wanted that b/c even though 30% off a Deluxe is great, FD for our family b/c both my boys are now "adults" in Disney's eyes...and I called and I had a FD pin!!

so, YES!! sometimes you can get multiple pins so CALL the reservation line and CALL OFTEN...just b/c you get a CM who is not friendly and doesnt want to check for pins under your name - just DO IT!!

from my original "rack rate" of 6 nights at the BC, with DxDP and hopper tickets for 2 Adults and 1-12 yr old and 1-10yr old - our trip has dropped over $1,400!!! :woohoo:

just keep trying!!

We're one of those who have given up. Well, I should say we have given up for the first part of our split stay. I am calling today to cancel POR for June 2-9. We just have too many people in our party to risk waiting around for a good deal. We found a pool home to accommodate our group and already paid the deposit.

I am a little sad, but we were just priced out of POR and we were not happy with the room choices that were given to us with the spring discount. The 20% just wasn't making it affordable, either. The CM's couldn't get us a preferred room (we have mobility issues in our group) and nobody could tell us whether we were going to get full or queen beds, which was aggravating. We called about AP discounts and were unhappy with the room availability for that discount, too (basically nothing but river view, which would be more than the spring offer. UGH!). So, off-site we go. We could have been enticed so easily by a better discount or more room availability, but alas it was not meant to be.

We are keeping the Beach Club for the second half of our stay (so far) but I am still hoping for a better deal for that, too. I am not holding my breath, but hoping. If not, we are keeping our options open.

Again with the AP discounts - I called the day they came out, why was there so little availability under that discount?

Yes they will refund the difference as long as it is applied prior to the cancellation period.

We actually have a PIN, but it's 25%. Since we're taking my mom and sister with us, we need more space. A 2-bedroom grand suite at the Dolphin was MUCH cheaper than 2 rooms at a Deluxe, so the 25% wasn't a good enough deal for us. I know that sounds totally bratty to say a discount wasn't "good enough," but in years past Disney has released Buy 4, Get 3 Free and 35-40% to the general public, so in comparison, a 25% off PIN code doesn't seem as great, you know? ;)

yea, the last couple of years with the buy4get 3 free deal and free tickets or dining for kids we have really been able to enjoy our vacation but this year with only a little discount on room we will really have to cut out some extra's at the parks or have one big credit card bill. with 5 and having to stay at POR as cheapest place we really enjoy those discounts. we would actually stay at value if we could but two rooms isnt really cheaper.
any reason why no summer discounts this time?
also, we have already booked, if i want to check for pin how many free dinings are out there? also, do you just say, "hey, do i have a pin for free dining?'
thanks
mikewdw

Just recieved a PIN 2 days ago. We are staying at Beach Club, standard view June 17-22 and had a choice for either $300 off and upgrade to pool view or $100 off and upgrade to Club level. :woohoo:

So don't give up yet people!

Just recieved a PIN 2 days ago. We are staying at Beach Club, standard view June 17-22 and had a choice for either $300 off and upgrade to pool view or $100 off and upgrade to Club level. :woohoo:

So don't give up yet people!

thank you. I have all but given up......so discouraged......:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter