July Scrapbook Challenge~Don't just stand there. Scrap Something!!!

ot a bit- Im suprized on how many people are working on vacation albums from years ago. Im just currious why? Im not asking to be rude, im just currious since I scrap my whole book right away when I get home (or in this case, on my second vacation). So what causes your delay?

ot a bit- Im suprized on how many people are working on vacation albums from years ago. Im just currious why? Im not asking to be rude, im just currious since I scrap my whole book right away when I get home (or in this case, on my second vacation). So what causes your delay?

I know for me, there isn't enough time to scrap as I'd like what with all the other life obligations. But, life doesn't stop - the pictures don't stop - there is always something new to scrap. So it's incredibly rare for me to have one vacation's album done before I go on the next trip. No matter how hard we try, most of us will never be "caught up!"

Well.....life gets in the way for me. Up until DS9 was a year or so old, I stayed caught up on my scrapbooking. There were times that if I wanted to go to a crop, I had to get the camera out and take pics, or I wouldn't have anything to work on. :eek: NOT the case anymore.

I work almost 40 hours a week, DH works 3 jobs, coaches two soccer teams and is a cub scout leader (now for two groups, lol), and is starting up a photography and framing business. We have two boys who are in school and a lot of other activities--someone always needs to go somewhere, it seems, and if they don't need to go somewhere, they want to eat and have clean clothes :confused3--some months I get very, very little scrapping time.

We almost always have things going on during the weekends and most evenings during the week. I might get more scrapping time if I stayed up a little later, but if I'm not in bed by 10:00 or so, I have trouble getting up the next day (you'd think I was a teenager in the mornings!).

We are getting faster in getting pics printed, but I don't think that will help me, either. I have our beach pics from last month printed already, and we are now caught up with photo printing altogether--a few months ago, I hadn't had anything printed except WDW since 2008. I scrap in chronological order, and I'm back in 2007 on our family albums. I go through stages where I don't feel like working on WDW, and I go back to the family album for awhile, and vice versa. I have not started our 2009 WDW trip, where we took over 2,500 pictures.

Steph

First of all - please add 5 more pages for me. Thanks :)

Now, as to why it takes so long to get scrapbooks done - for me it is work getting in the way. I teach, that should answer a lot - not only during the school yr but I am doing 9th gr ELA this summer too. Not the kind of work you can leave behind. I do have the WDW book done from my trip with my students just 3 months ago, but that's a miracle! Will admit it is in a big red Disney CM Picfolio and half of a second one, but I am still working on other trips which came before.
Often our best intentions are impacted by all the other responsibilities we have. Caroline

PS - hey Linda - I will try those bag books tomorrow.

I got twelve pages done tonight, which brings me to 51 for the month, which is also one over my goal! :banana::banana::banana: I'm not finished yet though. I am ordering pictures tomorrow, also have some to scrap tomorrow and will be ready on monday to scrap the last week of july. My 09' disney book WILL BE finished by tomorrow evening! :banana: It will feel good to finally have caught up on all my disney trips at least. Everything else is a completely different story, but I'm taking it one book at a time! :thumbsup2

Please add seven for me. I just need to make up a end page for my book, but everything else is done and everything that I had a protector for is in the protectors. I have to go guy some more tomorrow. I thought I was going to be okay, but then I got to the last set of pages and only had three left. So my 09' disney book is officially done! Bring on my august trip! :thumbsup2:banana::banana::banana::love:

Please add seven for me. I just need to make up a end page for my book, but everything else is done and everything that I had a protector for is in the protectors. I have to go guy some more tomorrow. I thought I was going to be okay, but then I got to the last set of pages and only had three left. So my 09' disney book is officially done! Bring on my august trip! :thumbsup2:banana::banana::banana::love:

Congratulations!!!!!

Steph

According to my calculation we are at 775 pages for the month. I am so proud of you.
I still have about 7 more pages to do to hit my yearly goal but I doubt I'm going to be able to finish. My sister is having a baby shower Saturday and she just asked me to make her favor boxes for the picture frames she bought the other day. I'm going to try my hardest to hit that goal but if not I WILL hit it the first week of August. LOL

As for the question asked about why are we scrapping back trips....
Well, I am a SAHM to one 4th grader. My husband works nights so during the day I have to "watch" hubby during the evening I have to watch my son.

We go to Disney every year and I scrap about 200 - 300 pages each trip. I also have to do a school year book for him. I am busy at home and at school with my son. I can't get in to the scraproom as much as I would like.

Each year I set a page goal and I try to stick to that just to keep me sort of up to date but I must admit I will never be up to date LOL

I am however up to date with all the holiday layouts since my son has been born AND his school books. So at least I'm up to date on something.
I have about 4 more Disney trips to scrap but I'm going to Disney in Sept so make that 5 LOL

I'm on board with 4!!!!!
:woohoo:

I've been working on my past circle journal pages, I decided I wanted an album of my pages from CJ's.

What's a circle journal, Buffy?

Steph

A circle Journal is a book that travels to people in a group.

So say, you, me, Nancy and Rebecca form a circle, we each decorate a book and do a 2 page layout in the theme of our book. If I pick Disney favorites, I would do a layout about my favorite Disney things, then I would mail my book to nancy, she would mail hers to Rebecca, and Rebecca would mail hers to you. Most of the time they aren't the same theme either. Yours could be about recipes, Nancy's could be about favorite vacation spots, Rebecca's could be about inspirational quotes.

The following month, Nancy would mail mine to Rebecca, etc. When the circle is complete you get your own book back but it would have a layout from each of us in it.
It's similar to a quilting bee.

The biggest challenge with a circle journal is the commitment. It's as many months as there are people. So 12 people means it's a 12 month commitment.

What I did with my journals is when I did a layout for someone elses book, I photocopied it so I could recreate it later. I did some great ones about my grandfather, my favorite books, the one I redid last night was "What's your hometown like".

Here's a new thread so I don't hijack this one
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37599462#post37599462

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter