Jan 2009 Code Watch

Yes...and this is WAY off topic but your youngest DD was born at home unassisted...:scared1: I bet that is a great story.

Oh awesome, thanks!! That saves me from having to worry about budgeting our water park day in.

:rotfl: Yes, it freaks people out. Want to know what freaks them out even more though? It was on purpose. :thumbsup2

I dont know if this has been suggested but did you price out a room at Port Orleans Riverside? The rooms in the Alligator Bayou section sleeps 5 depending on the ages of your kids. They have 2 full beds and a trundle bed.

Thanks! I did check into it, but the 2 teen boys would still have to share the full bed. At 5'10" & 5'6" they like to stretch out both directions, and they aren't too keen on sharing. :rolleyes1 "Quit touching me!" At ASMU they each get their own bed.:cool1:

Keep the ideas coming. You people are great!:woohoo:

We're in the same predicament - me, DH, DS14, DS12, and DD8. We chose to do 2 rooms at Pop so that we will have 4 beds and 2 baths. Try pricing that out, we won't have the microwave or fridge (unless we do a fridge swap) but the space is a big difference. Also, if you choose to go that way, ask the CM about doing it as two seperate reservations but linked together with guaranteed connecting rooms (if the ages of your kids qualify). This way, we are to be getting 2 $200 gift cards.:woohoo:

Good Luck

Ooh! You're smart! Hadn't thought about asking for it in 2 ressies for the 2 gift cards. :thumbsup2 I had just priced the 2 rooms in one ressie like we'd done several years back with connecting rooms at POP.
I would still have 2 bathrooms, 4 beds, and the room space is same as the ASMu suite, so no loss there. I don't know much about the fridge swap. How does that work?

Thanks for all the ideas....Just cheked online, there are not any more POFQ rooms available, so that i can break my 10 night reservation into 2 4/3 codes.
Is it possible that if I call WDW reservation that changes? Or can I trust the online information?

Amora, Keep checking back online twice a day or more. The availability for my preferred resort and dates changed several times since the promotion started so I was able to get everything I wanted. Good luck.

Thanks for all the ideas....Just cheked online, there are not any more POFQ rooms available, so that i can break my 10 night reservation into 2 4/3 codes.
Is it possible that if I call WDW reservation that changes? Or can I trust the online information?

I would phone them and see what they can do for you.

Do you have to buy tickets for everyone in your party and do you have to buy them for more than one day just to get the room for three free days?

Do you have to buy tickets for everyone in your party and do you have to buy them for more than one day just to get the room for three free days?

Yes, you need to buy tickeets for everyone in your party. No, you can buy just the 1 day base ticket and still get the 3 free on the hotel room, but not the 3 free on the tickets. For the free tickets (which really only amounts to about $9), you must buy a 4 day ticket and they give you a 7 day one.

Just wanted to come back and post for anyone who isnt getting the resort or dates you are looking for.. Check back often!!

Originally I wanted Allstar Movies preferred with this 7/4 deal but they didnt have it avl, so I booked POP.. I checked back today and Allstar Movies was avl so I called back and was able to change my reservation.. I went ahead and took off the dining as I recently had lapband surgery and cant eat much so I dont think it will be worth it for me to do that.. and I dropped the tickets down to 1 day base tickets as me and DH both have 5 days left on our nonexpiration tickets from earlier this year.. our total is $600.54 + we get the $200 giftcard :banana: :banana: :banana: We'll be driving in so we wont have airfare or rental car fees.. will just have to pay for the gas.. I already have some Rainforest Cafe giftcards that will pay for several meals at RFC, T Rex and Yak and Yeti.. The $200 giftcard will cover our souvenirs so I just need to figure out foodwise what we will need ...

Whoo Hoo - just added yet another night with the 4/3 deal :banana:

Originally were going 5 nights - then when deal came out - realizing our flight was late in the day, we added an extra day so that we will have our room for the whole last day.

Now I found out our flight times changed on our arrive day, so called and they let us move our flight to a day earlier at no charge!! We called WDW and were able to use the whole 4/3 deal now and will arrive a day earlier.

YAY US :cheer2: :cheer2:

Could anyone book two separate reservations? One for one week and anotherone for another?

I intend to do that but I`m not sure you can do it.

Yes, you can. I booked this (but will have to cancel, because the dates don't work with DH's work schedule after all).
I had these two back-to-back: 7 days/DDP/10day base tix/$200 gift card -- and then another 7 days/1 day tickets for all of us/ no dining/ $200 gift card. Total for everything for 2 adults and 2 children for all 14 days (DDP only for 7 of those days, though) was $2700 at a value. Minus the $400 in gift cards and that's a pretty sweet deal.

Not WDW code info, but:

Southwest just lowered some fares to MCO through mid-Feb. My seats went down $40@.

Whohooo! I love my AAA agent! She couldn't get the Jan. deal for our honeymoon trip in January at Pop Century at first, but she just emailed me and she she called her rep. to get things all straightened out. We just saved $200 on our stay! Whoo woot! That doesn't even count our $200 gift card!

So, as of right now the total for our trip is just under $2000 (for plane tickets, rooms at pop century, tickets to DW, and the meal plan). We should be able to stick with the $200 for any other spending during our trip.

Woot woot! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm so excited!! My persistance paid off!!!! I finally got my AKL CL room under the 4/3 deal! :cool1:

I've been checking a couple times a day since the offer came out and FINALLY, I checked tonight and I got the deal!! Saved another $250 off my AP rate and I get the $200 gift card to boot! Oh, and 1 day base tickets to use another time, almost forgot about that. DH is very happy with me tonight!! :banana: :banana:

Don't give up if you're still looking!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter