• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Jan 2009 Code Watch

I got the 4/3 with one day base ticket for WL. My confirmation shows the $200 gift card, but also shows a bunch of other free stuff like Min. golf, sea sprite,Planet Hollywood vouchers, etc. Is this stuff I'm really getting because I sure didn't know anything about it. Our package price is correct, so they didn't pad the package to increase the total. Can anyone shed any light on this. I don't want DH to get his hopes up if it's a mistake. Thanks.

The other vouchers come with any package, the mini golf, Planet Hollywood, Sea Rayers, and Arcade Time. They are "free". Mini golf is buy 1 get one 1 free, Planet Hollywood is $15 in food, and a free suvie, Sea Rayer is rent for 60 minutes get 30 free (90 total) and 30 minutes of Arcade Time.

Im very thankful to everyone on DisbOards,is helping me a lot!
Maybe somenone can help me with this one....
im going with my mother and uncle from January 1 to the 16th and we´re staying at POFQ.
Since we´re arriving at Janaury first and the code is only valid beginning January 4th we had to make 3 reservations:
1-4 Room only 553,50
DO YOU HAVE AAA? You can get the room for 134.11 a night

4-14 Where we applied the code. 3 noghts free plus 8 day MYW Tickets w/ park hopper: 2214,59
Why not split this into 2 packages and get 2 gift cards - 4-11 and 12-16.
You would then be geting package #1 for the 4/3 deal and get the 7 day tickets and a $200 gift card. Then do the last 4 nights as 3 nights get one free and get a 1 day base pass on that package, giving you another $200 gift card as well.

14-16 Room only reservations....
Either put this into a 2nd package as above, or invest in AAA to get the room for 134.11 a night - then you will get the beginning and end a LOT cheaper.

The cast member told me that I was only be able to use my tickets beginning on January forth, since they are attached to these reservations dates, but we wanna go to the Magic Kingdom before that, since our favorite ride ( Splash Mountain) will close on January 4th!
Yes, you can only use the tickets starting the day of your package.
I would consider buying what you need - 2 or 3 day? Don't put the hopper or waterpark add on, save that money, then when you get the 7 day pass, you can add it on and maybe even have enough $$ worth of tickets to upgrade to an Annual Pass?? Or put the non-expiry on days you don't use.

Is that information the CM gave me correct???
Can somebody help me? It´s been 10 years since we´ve been to WDW and will probably be more 10 til we go again , since it´s soooo far away for us....:confused: :guilty:

The other vouchers come with any package, the mini golf, Planet Hollywood, Sea Rayers, and Arcade Time. They are "free". Mini golf is buy 1 get one 1 free, Planet Hollywood is $15 in food, and a free suvie, Sea Rayer is rent for 60 minutes get 30 free (90 total) and 30 minutes of Arcade Time.

The minigolf is actually just one free round, no strings attached. Two solo travelers could lay together and use both their free rounds.

This is the first time I've ever booked a wdw vacation myself, always had the TA do it. So I'm confused, maybe someone can help.

I got the ddp but the email confirmation I got doesn't say it that way. At the bottom it says:

(Our Check in date) Feature
Quick Service Meals 1 Per Person [1,2,3]

(our check in date) Feature 1 per person [1,2,3]
Snacks

(our check in date) Feature 1 per person [1,2.3]
Table Service Meals

Is that how an email confirmation shows the ddp? It also doesn't show that I paid the deposit yesterday, but when I pull up our ressie on the wdw site it shows that I did pay the deposit yesterday.

Originally Posted by Amora
Im very thankful to everyone on DisbOards,is helping me a lot!
Maybe somenone can help me with this one....
im going with my mother and uncle from January 1 to the 16th and we´re staying at POFQ.
Since we´re arriving at Janaury first and the code is only valid beginning January 4th we had to make 3 reservations:
1-4 Room only 553,50
DO YOU HAVE AAA? You can get the room for 134.11 a night

4-14 Where we applied the code. 3 noghts free plus 8 day MYW Tickets w/ park hopper: 2214,59
Why not split this into 2 packages and get 2 gift cards - 4-11 and 12-16.
You would then be geting package #1 for the 4/3 deal and get the 7 day tickets and a $200 gift card. Then do the last 4 nights as 3 nights get one free and get a 1 day base pass on that package, giving you another $200 gift card as well.

14-16 Room only reservations....
Either put this into a 2nd package as above, or invest in AAA to get the room for 134.11 a night - then you will get the beginning and end a LOT cheaper.

The cast member told me that I was only be able to use my tickets beginning on January forth, since they are attached to these reservations dates, but we wanna go to the Magic Kingdom before that, since our favorite ride ( Splash Mountain) will close on January 4th!
Yes, you can only use the tickets starting the day of your package.
I would consider buying what you need - 2 or 3 day? Don't put the hopper or waterpark add on, save that money, then when you get the 7 day pass, you can add it on and maybe even have enough $$ worth of tickets to upgrade to an Annual Pass?? Or put the non-expiry on days you don't use.

Re AAA: The AAA discount is the same as any other discount - it's available on a limited number of rooms. It may no longer be available for your dates. Before you join AAA (if you're joining just for a discount), make sure that you can actually book the discount.

I got the 4/3 with one day base ticket for WL. My confirmation shows the $200 gift card, but also shows a bunch of other free stuff like Min. golf, sea sprite,Planet Hollywood vouchers, etc. Is this stuff I'm really getting because I sure didn't know anything about it. Our package price is correct, so they didn't pad the package to increase the total. Can anyone shed any light on this. I don't want DH to get his hopes up if it's a mistake. Thanks.

How can you see all that on your email confirmation? Mine doesn't have any of that info.:scared1:

hoping someone can help me figure this out..

I currently have booked jan 24-31 at Pop.. I was thinking maybe doing a second package for 7 nights at Pop from Jan 31-Feb7th.. going back and making the first reservation a 10 day base ticket and then the second one I would make a 1 day base ticket for both me and DH..

When I just called the CM told me I couldnt have 2 bookings.. so I hung up and called back and the second CM told me the same thing.. but I see others here have 2 bookings.. should I call back again and hope to get someone different? the second CM told me that I can only have a max of 10 nights.. I explained I wanted to do a separate reservation for the 2nd week but she says I cant..

This is the first time I've ever booked a wdw vacation myself, always had the TA do it. So I'm confused, maybe someone can help.

I got the ddp but the email confirmation I got doesn't say it that way. At the bottom it says:

(Our Check in date) Feature
Quick Service Meals 1 Per Person [1,2,3]

(our check in date) Feature 1 per person [1,2,3]
Snacks

(our check in date) Feature 1 per person [1,2.3]
Table Service Meals

Is that how an email confirmation shows the ddp? It also doesn't show that I paid the deposit yesterday, but when I pull up our ressie on the wdw site it shows that I did pay the deposit yesterday.
yes this is how its listed..

I currently have booked jan 24-31 at Pop.. I was thinking maybe doing a second package for 7 nights at Pop from Jan 31-Feb7th.. going back and making the first reservation a 10 day base ticket and then the second one I would make a 1 day base ticket for both me and DH..

When I just called the CM told me I couldnt have 2 bookings.. so I hung up and called back and the second CM told me the same thing.. but I see others here have 2 bookings.. should I call back again and hope to get someone different? the second CM told me that I can only have a max of 10 nights.. I explained I wanted to do a separate reservation for the 2nd week but she says I cant..
You should be able to book 2 reservations for different dates. Maybe they think you're trying to overlap dates or something???? BUT...I don't know if you will be able to book over the phone with 1 day passes. I think that is something you have to do online.

Thought Jan. was supposed to be a slow time for Disney? The CM I talked too said our dates 17-24 was almost booked solid.....and all of Jan is very busy. Guess so much for the low crowds....lol

How can you see all that on your email confirmation? Mine doesn't have any of that info.:scared1:

Mine didn't either. For those of you whos did, was this your original booking or a reservation change? I had the package info in my original booking, but nothing other than an invoice for my change when I applied the deal.

Thought Jan. was supposed to be a slow time for Disney? The CM I talked too said our dates 17-24 was almost booked solid.....and all of Jan is very busy. Guess so much for the low crowds....lol

The thing is we might have Disney resort people there at this time because of the promotion BUT there won't be many of the offsite general public because of time of year and kids in school, etc.

I just planned this trip for Jan/Feb 2009 because of 7 for 4 deal so I'm not up on everything yet. Can someone save me the trouble of reading 200+ pages and let me know whether you all think there will be any more deals for this time period or if the 7 for 4 is it? Of course I would love, love, love free dining or something like that, but just wondering what the general consensus is amongst all you Dis experts!

Thanks!
Carolyn

This is why I posted several days ago saying "No Code, No Codes" - of course I was half joking cuz I would like to save money just like anyone else - but I really was hoping for a quieter Disney this time around.

Oh well, can't be any worse than when we went for Spring Break or Thanksgiving :)

Just went on the Disney site and checked a bunch of resorts for 19 - 24th and there was availability in most room categories at all of them. The only one that came back with no availibility was CSR - I did not check values, but one of them did show up as an alternate offer.

I think MLK weekend is pretty booked but I have read that is due to locals as well.:surfweb:

Why don't you just book the second reservation online? Some people have had two reservations for the same dates at the same time so it doesn't make sense that you couldn't have bqack to back bookings. Good luck. Two weeks at Disney makes me jealous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter