• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm.........

Sadly house tasks never seem to end. We are dealing with flooded back yard. People were here yesterday, still flooding.
I think we are going to consider artificial grass....very popular around here. Both my kids have it at their houses. We'll see. More work for us, since we would have to have the real grass removed first.

TA is out of town. So hoping to here from her Monday and then going in to book that river cruise.

Kathy, which Utah parks are you going to?
We're doing a couple SW ones this spring.....Bryce and Zion

I love all this talk of cruises and trips! A river cruise in Europe is actually the only cruise I might be interested in taking. I did a day-long train trip along the Rhine a long time ago and it was wonderful (the wine-tasting for each region we went through certainly helped!)....
.....well THAT got my attention!

I'm just starting to watch The Defenders.
Kids are coming over to use the pool later.
I get to clean house and do laundry .....oh fun

Sadly house tasks never seem to end. We are dealing with flooded back yard. People were here yesterday, still flooding.
I think we are going to consider artificial grass....very popular around here. Both my kids have it at their houses. .

Kathy, which Utah parks are you going to?
We're doing a couple SW ones this spring.....Bryce and Zion

We decided to visit only parks in the NE about 6 hours from us: Arches, Canyonlands and Horsheshoe Bend saving Zion and Bryce for another trip. We booked a condo in Moab last night; costs only a few dollars more than a regular hotel room. But it very expensive in general even though it's the shoulder season. DH is worried about $ since we spent so much on carpet and now, windows.

When are you going?

closeness is why we are doing those 2.

I know about $$$. We're looking into redoing our backyard. It is driving me crazy. Broken pipe, flooding, lawn of weeds, dead plants....enough

closeness is why we are doing those 2.

I know about $$$. We're looking into redoing our backyard. It is driving me crazy. Broken pipe, flooding, lawn of weeds, dead plants....enough

Definitely doesn't sound cheap! What kind of pipe broke? Water to the house or what? Does insurance cover any?

We spent 10k+ on the carpet and will spend at least $23k on the windows and that's not counting the new appliances, deck painting, water heaters and sprinkler rehab from 2016:crazy2: Poor DH will never get his renovated kitchen....

irrigation pipe....somewhere under the lawn.
I am sick of everything looking....or being dead. So we're going to go with artificial grass in the back.

Wow that is a lot of $$$.
At least my kitchen is good. Well, other than the broken....still....ice machine.

I'm excited....just booked that European river cruise.......$$$. but more fun than spending it on house fixes (which do still need to be done)

What river Nancy? When?

DH is still not excited at all about going to the national parks out there but he did say that he will 'get into it' when we start the trip. :scratchin

Anyone have plans for Labor Day?

Rhine and Danube......June for our anniversary

I'm not too excited about the national parks either. I like seeing them, but not fond of the driving to get there and around. Seems most of our days will be driving.

No plans here for Labor Day. We are babysitting Sunday.....just DGS, so DS and DDIL can go to a movie and then the rest are coming over for a BBQ and pool time.

Pretty much the same here Nancy!

And as much as I love the national parks you're right about all the driving. Looking forward to taking pictures at sunrise and sunset but I think it will still be hot in late September.

Your river cruise sounds interesting! I've seen some videos on the net that make it look relaxing and good for side trips to castles and vineyards etc.

Oh, I forgot some other small news. We got a new Shark vacuum for the new carpet. If we use our old Dyson it will violate the warranty. Apparently Dyson vac rollers beat it too roughly. So I spent much of Friday vacuuming. It does a nice job on the carpet and pretty good on the hardwood and tile as well. But I think to really dust and clean our hardwood I will have to go back using a swiffer or mop of some kind. Dust is a real problem in this area even when the weather has been wet as it has lately.

Anyone have good suggestions for hard wood floors cleaning?

....bobbi, have fun on your cruise!
Thank you, it was the best Member Cruise ever! Home now, working on putting things in our new kitchen. My operation is on Wednesday, so limited time to get this organized. I will not be here much, well, until recuperation time!

Welcome back, Bobbi. Glad you had such a good cruise.
Good luck Wed.......we'll be thinking of you.

Broken pipe in the yard, so for now the water is turned off.
We'll see when we get to fixing it.
Still working on getting the ice maker fixed and the AC people come tomorrow for a tune up.

Great news on the kitchen, Bobbi.

Kathy, I don't have hardwood floors, so no idea. I use a Shark steamer on my floors. Love the Sharks, but not sure about the steam on wood

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter