ILUVDXL Boston DIS meet June 25th *Update 6/6* Trying to get a good headcount for RFC

Record highs! Heat index of over 100 degrees. (That's like the wind chill in winter...what the temp will feel like.) Very poor air quality, so make sure you have plenty of fluids. I know we'll be inside air conditioned...but for the road, you'll want to make sure you have water...just in case! I plan on tossing my cooler in the back and loading it with water.

OK... just having returned from the Burlington Mall I've got the scoop on the Disney Store closing.

First of all... no... going to the mall wasn't my idea, lol. DH called this morning and said he'd meet me for lunch and when I said where, he said "let's just meet at the mall." Honestly! We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory... yummmmm!

Anyways, the store is only closing for 3 weeks, and then they're going to be upstairs across from the food court temporarily. She said it was a lease issue, and they wouldn't be upstairs forever. The sale was GREAT... I got a big $78 Incredibles snow globe for my DS for $14.99!! The CM at the door was telling everyone that this was the last day the store was open, so buy as much as you can so that when they started packing up the store at 10PM tonight they wouldn't have as much to move. I told her it's too bad they weren't open just 1 more day, because with the meet we had going on in the morning we could probably buy out the rest of the store and they wouldn't have to move anything upstairs, lol!

So I feel much better now. I work 5 minutes from the mall, and I need that store to get my fix every now and then! See you all tomorrow!!

Everyone will probably want to hit me for this, but I'm kinda glad they won't be open tomorrow. With hubby not working and me trying to figure out how to pay the bills, the fact that they'll be closed means one less temptation for me to deal with. Although I'm usually pretty good at not spending when we really don't have it...so I might have been ok.

Hey everybody, is it too late to join in? I just discovered this thread, after seeing a reference to the meet in the thread about the Disney store moving. It would be two of us, my DS8 and me.

I'm pretty new to this board, I don't think I really know any of you, but as many of you said somehow I think we'll find conversation starters. :rotfl2:

Kitty-chan said:
I just discovered this thread, after seeing a reference to the meet in the thread about the Disney store moving.
I just found it as well with the same reference. I was at that Disney Store sale myself yesterday and we just returned home from RFC 40 minutes ago. Go Figure a meet in my back yard and I can't go. :sad1: Bummer - have fun everyone!

Kitty-chan said:
Hey everybody, is it too late to join in? I just discovered this thread, after seeing a reference to the meet in the thread about the Disney store moving. It would be two of us, my DS8 and me.

I'm pretty new to this board, I don't think I really know any of you, but as many of you said somehow I think we'll find conversation starters. :rotfl2:

If you are sure you are gonna come then i will call RFC and add to more to the list.
Please let me know asap

goofy4tink said:
Oh man!!! Everyone is going except me!!! I'm just going to sit there and pout on Sat. Wish you all could have been with us in April or could be with us in August at Canobie Lake Park. Looks like it's gonna be a terrific time.
Oh man, I didn't realize that I've been missing all of this - Burlington Mall - RFC, Canobie Lake Park! All these things in my neck of the woods - I've got to come visit this forum more often. I'm so far behind the times I just joined the Virtual MK and I waited for that for months. Tell me if you all are going to dance like the folks at Virtual MK I'll zip over to the Burlington Mall just to watch before I need to zip back over to Andover. :rotfl:

p.s. the lightening glasses at RFC are pretty neat. Nope, not for the kids but the adult and I'm not sharing. Ok, I admit it - I'm still bitter that I never got an icecube thing from the MGM restaurants.

Alicnwondrln said:
If you are sure you are gonna come then i will call RFC and add to more to the list.
Please let me know asap
Yes, please, count us in! Thanks! :cheer2:

Bella2000 said:
Oh man, I didn't realize that I've been missing all of this - Burlington Mall - RFC, Canobie Lake Park! All these things in my neck of the woods - I've got to come visit this forum more often. I'm so far behind the times I just joined the Virtual MK and I waited for that for months. Tell me if you all are going to dance like the folks at Virtual MK I'll zip over to the Burlington Mall just to watch before I need to zip back over to Andover. :rotfl:

p.s. the lightening glasses at RFC are pretty neat. Nope, not for the kids but the adult and I'm not sharing. Ok, I admit it - I'm still bitter that I never got an icecube thing from the MGM restaurants.

i just PM'ed you

Pam66 +2= 3 CONFIRMED
NhAnn +2=3 CONFIRMED
Mr. Murphy =1 CONFIRMED
Mac3=1 CONFIRMED
TLinden16=1 CONFIRMED
3gr8kids+4=5 (not eating) CONFIRMED
MargieJ=1 CONFIRMED
Alicnwondrln+1=2 CONFIRMED
EsmeraldaX=1 CONFIRMED
s&ksmom+3=4 CONFIRMED
Disney Addict M=1 CONFIRMED
DisneyWorld!=1 CONFIRMED
travelin tigger=1 CONFIRMED
camcolt= 1CONFIRMED BUT NOT EATING
Cthia+2=3 CONFIRMED
Crcormier=1CONFIRMED
Zippeedee+2=3 CONFIRMED
Mickeyfan 1=1 CONFIRMED
debster812+1=2 MAYBE
LisaS+1=2CONFIRMED
PoohsPal=1 CONFIRMED
Teejay+1=2 CONFIRMED
Nicsmom +4.5=6 CONFIRMED
Winniedapooh=1 CONFIRMED
dgaston=1 CONFIRMED
dvc owner in MA+4=5 CONFIRMED
jenny2=1CONFIRMED
pattyT=1 CONFIRMED
jennysmominRI+1=2CONFIRMED
airhead=1 CONFIRMED
patsfan7+3=4 CONFIRMED
kelleigh1+1=2 CONFIRMED
kitty-chan +1=2 CONFIRMED

Yay, thanks!

And hey, I just had a thought . . . I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but I'm guessing a lot of us are pin-traders? DS and I will bring our lanyards, just in case, for display and potential trading. :wave:

Bella2000 said:
. Tell me if you all are going to dance like the folks at Virtual MK I'll zip over to the Burlington Mall just to watch before I need to zip back over to Andover. :rotfl:

No, no dancing, but TLinden16 (Karen) and I might be persuaded to CAPER a bit :teeth: Karen does some diving as well...AND I have a photo from the JakeIvory's meet prove it, which might be handy as blackmail some day :goodvibes

See you all tomorrow!

NHAnn said:
No, no dancing, but TLinden16 (Karen) and I might be persuaded to CAPER a bit :teeth: Karen does some diving as well...AND I have a photo from the JakeIvory's meet prove it, which might be handy as blackmail some day :goodvibes

See you all tomorrow!

31759.gif
:rotfl:

Ohhhh I'll bring my pins, don't have many but I'll bring em! Just went on the RFC website, yummmmmmy!

I just canceled.I'm not going to make it.Maybe I can get to Canobie lake

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter