I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to use some Citi Thank You rewards points for a Swan/Dolphin stay before they get rid of the travel 25% bonus on April 10th.... Swan/Dolphin are the only on property option right? Any opinion on which one is better? I have never stayed at either.

How often do they offer the 75K for CSP? Wondering if I should continue to wait for it or just take the 60K in rewards......

I don’t remember who mentioned only being able to book Swan and Dolphin through AAVacations... I just looked this morning and most of the Disney resorts are back on there. I was checking for dates in May. I looked last month and they weren’t available then.
Wow, that is fantastic! I have AA points and would love to book there for my daughter.

Can someone clarify. I know on the hyatt card they are changing the spend $15k get a fnc to calendar year. But the only info I find says for those that open in 2020 or those that open in 2021. I upgraded to the new card fall 2019 so I'm trying to figure out if I could start now or if I have to wait until Jan. Looking to put house expenses on it.
When I upgraded to the Marriott Premier in Nov 2018, my card anniversary date remained in May (that's when I get my FNC and pay the AF) so I think my cardmember year stayed with the original card. Do you know what month your original Hyatt card was opened?

The $15K spend FNC will fully switch to calendar year in 2022. But in 2021, you have the opportunity to get the FNC twice. DH opened his Hyatt card midyear in June, so he can get his first FNC for spending $15K by June 2021(cardmember year), and then another for spending $15K by end of 2021 (transition to calendar year). Then in 2022 his Hyatt spending resets and he has the full year to reach $15K spend. I like that Hyatt is switching this to match up with their Milestone rewards calendar.

I would confirm with Chase what month your cardmember year started if you don't have that information.

I was going to use some Citi Thank You rewards points for a Swan/Dolphin stay before they get rid of the travel 25% bonus on April 10th.... Swan/Dolphin are the only on property option right? Any opinion on which one is better? I have never stayed at either.

You can book any Disney hotel with TYP. If they don't show up on the portal or is some inflated price, call the Cruise and Tours department.

Can someone clarify. I know on the hyatt card they are changing the spend $15k get a fnc to calendar year. But the only info I find says for those that open in 2020 or those that open in 2021. I upgraded to the new card fall 2019 so I'm trying to figure out if I could start now or if I have to wait until Jan. Looking to put house expenses on it.

Both DH and I got this notice in the mail a few weeks ago. I opened my card this year, his card was opened in 2018. It says the calendar year change will start Jan 2022.

BC6F44EC-676B-44F4-82BD-8FD878AA8158.jpeg

Both DH and I got this notice in the mail a few weeks ago. I opened my card this year, his card was opened in 2018. It says the calendar year change will start Jan 2022.

View attachment 543300

Thank you! I probably got that ans shred it because at the time it wasn't something I'd have even considered. Of course it'll also depend on who takes credit cards or if I can pay via plastiq. Not sure I'd want to rely on them if I need to do a deposit but ok for final payment

I am hopeful for this!! I shipped a package last Saturday and it has not had a single scan. Customer is asking when it will be shipped... I contacted the local post master and he looked into it and had the regional team check it out and no one can say if it entered the system or not. Just sits at label created. So it was either stolen out of the drop box or has some odd case as you mentioned. Talking with the post master he mentioned that things are really backing up already because flights out are reduced and keep changing around they cannot get stuff out to the regional centers.
Sorry this happened..very stressful. I have had this happen a few times. Even when dropped at the counter. Show item was received by post office but never scanned from there. till customer emailed and said they received it. But I have been lucky they havent lost any packages yet. Good luck.

We usually stay at the Swan because they have queen beds while the Dolphin has double beds. The Dolphin has more counter service options and the Swan seems to have more upscale restaurants.

Big fat no from chase and I'm done with them for biz cards. They wouldn't give me an extra 4k in cl so it'd have 5k to pc to an ink. So I cancelled it. And considering their huge min spends now ans that I won't have an actual biz in a few months "fingers crossed" there's no point. Also no personal cards I want so I'll keep what I have and be happy as they don't like me any more.

In my humble opinion she’s choosing a FANTASTIC career 😉
My 13 year old DS also has atrocious handwriting. Reading this makes me A) 🤣 and B) feel better about myself as a parent 😉
My BIL is a dentist in NJ. She was supposed to go out this summer for a week and shadow him. Here's hoping she can in 2021. And I'm ALL for this career. $7k and she has her degree. YES PLEASE! Then she knows if she decides she wants to be a dentist, the rest is on her to pay/earn. I think she'll be happy as a hygienist. My BIL has already told her she can work for him in NJ if she wants for a few years. He pays well, LOL.

Oh wow! My other DD teaches HS French. They were online from March to the end of the school year. But this Year is in person. But only half the kids come 2 days a week and the other half the other two day. This keeps the number of students in school lower. She has very few remote kids since all of the students are only in school 2 days a week. My other daughters school is in person every day but only half the kids are there and the rest chose to be remote. She just started working and stepped in as a long term sub. It has been a challenge!
I would NOT want this to be my 1st year. So many teachers are losing it. TBH, in my career I've taught through HELL a few times (to the point of a mental breakdown and 6 mos of leave). So this pandemic teaching is CAKE! I mean I had students setting fires in my class and I was the one getting reprimanded because I didn't tell them they couldn't do that! Yes, apparently when teaching MS you have to tell them all the things you CAN'T do in class! I was like, my 1st grader KNOWS not to set a fire! I had students spray painting male body parts all over the classroom. Students swinging on electrical cord drops like Tarzan, etc. They WOULD NOT punish the students and they couldn't understand why I had issues! Heck one 7th grader was caught with pot and they did nothing! Needless to say I'm very happy to no longer be in that district....and that district was ANN ARBOR! We're talking a NICE area!

So pandemic....easy peasy, LOL!

And yet a lot of school systems are reporting that the amount of kids failing is through the roof:(
Well that's because they literally either cheat or do nothing. And I feel so many of them have now learned they can claim stress and it gets them out of class too. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure many of my students are legit struggling. Like one of my seniors who's in AP. I've had her 4 years. This year she's fallen apart. I've been working with her as she just discovered she has ADD, and I remember what that was like when I was finally diagnosed (at 33, LOL). But others are kids who have never done work prior and hopping on the bandwagon. Makes it hard to "give grace" when you know they are faking it.

I was looking into the CSR Peloton offer for Peloton digital. I don’t have a Peloton bike. Anyone used it without a bike? I have an elliptical and thought maybe it would make it a little more interesting. I saw it has yoga too.
My sister has the bike, but she loves all of the classes the offer. I just bought a knock off bike, so I'm looking to get the app soon.

And to the handwriting discussion....I used to teach board drafting. I'd spend a week or so on lettering. SOOOOOOOO many mom's thanked me for finally being able to read their child's handwriting, LOL. We don't do that anymore. Though industry has asked us to teach it again, LOL.

@SouthFayetteFan @palhockeymomof2 @platamama and any others who might be able to help. I will be eligible to do my long-awaited MDD on Monday. However first I have to use my travel credit (which resets on Monday). I will PC my CSR on Wednesday. I believe I should wait until the 21st to do the MDD, but worry with it being a few days before Christmas. Any recommendations? I don't really mind if I can't make use of the travel credit, but hate leaving it "out there".

I want to go over the recommendations once again to ensure that I don't screw it up. Is there somewhere on the dischurners where I can look? I perused the other day but couldn't find anything specific to the MDD!

I just received a UPS package from a Costco warehouse. It is not even CLOSE to what I ordered. No paperwork included in the package - only the address label. :headache:

Costco doesnt seem to care much about their packaging haha.
Friend of mine paid for 2 day shipping for a $600 portable air conditioner... it didnt come in 2 days, he had to call a couple times, they refunded him his 2 day shipping charge...
when it finally arrived, 2 showed up. He called costco to get them to pick it up...
its still there... lol. its been like 4 months.

I still have the $75 SW credit from my Priority cc. (Not to mention four upgraded boardings that stand ZERO chance of being used before they expire.) It will expire soon. If i book a flight and have to cancel, how will SW handle this? Travel voucher or...???

@SouthFayetteFan @palhockeymomof2 @platamama and any others who might be able to help. I will be eligible to do my long-awaited MDD on Monday. However first I have to use my travel credit (which resets on Monday). I will PC my CSR on Wednesday. I believe I should wait until the 21st to do the MDD, but worry with it being a few days before Christmas. Any recommendations? I don't really mind if I can't make use of the travel credit, but hate leaving it "out there".

I want to go over the recommendations once again to ensure that I don't screw it up. Is there somewhere on the dischurners where I can look? I perused the other day but couldn't find anything specific to the MDD!
Do you need the cards ASAP...if not maybe wait until the holidays are over and start the MDD on 1/4. If you are auto approved 12/21...then the timing is easy for the second card on 12/22, but if you aren’t and the approval comes on 12/24, they will be closed 12/25 and the weekend.
Also make sure your CLs with Chase leave enough room to be approved for both cards.

I still have the $75 SW credit from my Priority cc. (Not to mention four upgraded boardings that stand ZERO chance of being used before they expire.) It will expire soon. If i book a flight and have to cancel, how will SW handle this? Travel voucher or...???
If it’s a non refundable flight SW will give you a travel voucher good for 1 year.

You can get travel fund that expires in a year. If you cancel within 24 hours, there's a choice between refund or travel fund. After that you'll just get the travel fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter