I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the parking tip! I have the Hilton Amex so I'm hoping HHV parking applies to the resort credit I have with the card, but if not I'll check out the garage.

When you book with UR and then cancel do the UR go right back onto your account or is a hassle?
It's instant. Sometimes I needed to refresh my page, but it never took long at all.

Here's the Hale Koa rates. I believe it's more expensive than HHV if you're civilian. My son is AD so I just had him validate.
https://www.halekoa.com/application/files/5215/0289/7124/Parking_RackCard_0317.pdf
http://www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.htmlHHV is #12 and extends across the little street to Paoa. Hale Koa is #18. The parking garage is the part that says De Russy Park at Kalia and Maluhia.

@wendow i went to Delta.com and clicked on the credit card offer that popped up then I was able to scroll down the the gold biz

www.delta.com

ETA weird I can’t get it to pull up
Thanks! I’ll play with it more tonight. Gotta run kiddo to his golf clinic. Pouring rain but we want everyone to drive to us so we can tell them it’s cancelled :roll eyes:

Nope since your canceling it don’t need to add kids but make sure you price out the actual resort and dates you want so you book at package at the correct value. So say you want 5nights BLT and it’s 4k book at 4K flight package. It will cost you 200K SkyMiles and you will end up with a 4K travel voucher
Got it. And I can do all this online without calling, right? Just need to call to book the resort with the voucher at some point later on.

I will!

Has anyone purchased a new washer and/or dryer recently? Any recommendations or anti-recommendations?

We're replacing 13yo dead Kenmore dryer and 13yo rusting Frigidaire (?) front-loading washer. I think I want to stick with a front loader, as I am short and reaching all the way down into a top loader can be tricky :laughing:
Definetely front-load...couldn't go back. Had an LG front load that stayed in old house. When we moved into new house( 7 years ago) a new top load came with it. Laundry load size is so different. After a week we went and bought a samsung front load. Gave my brother the top load. after 6 years the samsung washer main shaft bracket to the drum broke. It was corroded through. Internet search revealed they use a different pot metal rather than stainless on this shaft. I recommend LG...we love our LG.
Just my 2 cents.

Got it. And I can do all this online without calling, right? Just need to call to book the resort with the voucher at some point later on.
Yep. No need to call. You can book and cancel online. I’d suggest canceling before the 24 hours to see if insurance cost gets reimbursed. I’m waiting to see what happened with mine still.
Then use the voucher later on that you should call in for!

You're right, but I read that as points advance bookings made starting 9/14 this policy applies. For bookings made prior to 9/14, they'll honor up to 5 at the standard rates.

Now it's Bonvoy so who knows how well that'll get implemented, but at least for points bookings it's worth a shot. If you're trying to switch to a FNC instead of a points certificate, it could get iffy. In theory it should be the same as applying a points certificate, but again, it's Bonvoy so they could come up with anything if you have to call in to do it rather than online. Likewise, even if you apply your points now to lock in the standard rate, unsure if they'll be willing to apply the FNC if the peak price pushes it over the limit. I thought that was a problem on the last roll out of category changes.
I’m trying to use a combo of two FNC and points for remaining days. One of my FNC is 35k, the other is 50k. It is a 35k property, so even if it moves up the 50k FNC will work. ( I know, waste of a 50k night, wish I had a better use. It’s still a $200/night hotel at Disneyland for free) Unfortunately those certs both expire before our trip. So I have to call. :(

That 60 day thing is just transferring between Marriott accounts, right? I could set up his Marriott account, transfer MRs into it, then hang out for 60 days, then transfer those points to my Marriott account for the booking, right?

Yeah, I’m not aware of any account age restrictions for transferring MR to a Marriott account.

@1st*toright --where are you looking at redeeming Marriott points? Nosey minds, I mean enquiring minds, want to know :)

The room I'm considering for my big 50th trip is going for a low low 200,000 bonbon points so maybe I should consider it-unlike the Hilton room which is a low low 1.9 million HHpoints :scared1:
Hotel Bristol in Vienna - I can get a penthouse suite with a balcony for 5 nights for 415k bonbon points. Looking to get that + another room so that we have space to spread out (probably using a FHR Amex rate for the other room). So we will be in nice space, in any case. I really have my eye on their Opera Suite, but that would be literally a million points for the stay - but maybe if we are in good rooms to start with I could swing an upgrade (maybe suite rewards will actually work for once)? A tall order for a 5 night stay, but you never know.

I'm going to be close to getting Platinum status this year (no chance of Titanium again), so I may burn some points on a mattress run to make that happen, which is another reason to make it possible to combine MRs into my Marriott account.

I found us a two bedroom unit in an aparthotel in Portugal for three nights for a grand total of 68K URs, so that part of this trip is pretty cheap in points. This is how I'm justifying spending a ridiculous amount of points currency on the hotel in Vienna.

@disneymagicgirl deal ends 9/6 so not sure insurance DPs will be in by then!

Can you check my understanding of this deal?

First, I book a round-trip flight for one person plus hotel, add tickets and insurance.
Then, I cancel flight and hotel (once I receive tickets). Get voucher for future hotel use.
To receive tickets ASAP, I should book the flight/hotel for within 30 days.
Tickets expire 12/30/20, but even if not used by then, can apply purchase price to a ticket at a later date.

Also, not directly related to the mechanics of this Delta deal, but say we used our 10-day tickets for the first time on 12/29/20--could we then upgrade to APs after January 1, 2021 and have them be good for that year?

(Also thanks for everyone who's posting about this; it's a great deal and I was ignoring it for a bit but now I'm tempted to see if I can make it work.)

It probably would've been cancelled long ago if not for a couple of random things...
1) In 2017 - I did the reduce your CL to $500 trick that used to work with Chase and they never charged the AF (that was a fun trick back when it used to work!!)
2) in 2018 - I was going to cancel but then did the upgrade for some extra points

So this year it finally met it's end. I just don't need free night certs. Despite using 200k+ Marriott points this year on a couple of trips I still have 1.2MM laying around. It just didn't make financial sense to incur the $95 when I can just use the points. Since we're at 0/24 and 2/24, if I want more free nights, I could just open a Hyatt or a Marriott card (not that either are even on my radar at this point again due to the high pts balance I have).

EDIT: It seems I'm not alone in cancelling this card. Wow - lots of others too! Maybe if people everywhere cancel their card, we'll see an increased sign-up bonus to try to increase their cardholders, HAHA!!

It's possible that the sign up bonus and terms could be changed or increased. Remember @Lain 's survey? But if you give up the card with Amex, you can't get another sign up bonus - am I remembering this correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter