How many DVC points do you have?

We have 522 points (for Me and the Mrs.).

We have 240 at HH and SSR. Off season and Sun-Thurs stays can really make those stretch. Hoping to work our way up to 400.

Is there any disadvantage to buying two home resorts?

I am not aware of any; at least, none that have impacted me. To me, it's beneficial by helping to ensure I get the resort I want to stay at, when I want to stay at it.

I guess I could own at just one resort, but then I wouldn't have the home resort booking advantage I have at four resorts instead of just one.

566 at SSR 3-visits 8 or 9 nights thats 15 days in a studio and 10 days in a 2br. when the grown kids come or we switch and do a 1 br when its just the 2 of us.

566 at SSR 3-visits 8 or 9 nights thats 15 days in a studio and 10 days in a 2br. when the grown kids come or we switch and do a 1 br when its just the 2 of us.

I have a family of 4. 9yrs and 4yrs old. I want to get the maximum points now. So I can have it paid off. What do you suggest the magic number is when they get older and I need a 2 bedroom?

Would depend on the number of nights and time of the year.We based our number of pts on both of these.The 2br we do sun-thur.but we do stay weekends on pts.just use a studio.The kids fly down on Sun. morning.and stay the five nights in the 2br.We go march,may and oct.thats how we came up with the number of pts.for now.

I have a family of 4. 9yrs and 4yrs old. I want to get the maximum points now. So I can have it paid off. What do you suggest the magic number is when they get older and I need a 2 bedroom?

There is no magical number. You need to determine when you want to go, room type you want and how many times a year to at least get a base number.

When we take 2 or 3 kids, we get a two bedroom. We could get by with a one bedroom, but we want and like the extra space. When its just the DW and I, we get a studio.

We are up to 625 points now and its still not enough. We only have 71 points left for next year, after our NYE and March trips. :eek:

When you buy your points, get them in smaller contracts, not one large contract. Makes it easier if you ever need or want to sell the points.

[QU to sell the pointsOTE=tomandrobin;19941353]When you buy your points, get them in smaller contracts, not one large contract. Makes it easier if you ever need or want.[/QUOTE]

Thats a very good point 4 of our 5 contracts are 120pts or less.

We have 150 points at BCV. And believe it or not, it has worked great for us. We may add on more points eventually but since we purchased in 2003 we have always banked points at the end of the UY. We usually only take one trip a year though. Generally those a 5-6 nights in a 1BR. This year we are staying 8 nights in a 1BR OKW and will be banking the rest of our points. We don't have a trip planned for next year because we'll be having another baby at the end of the year. With 2 children though we may end up adding on a little bit later on. We tend to travel in the fall (and definitely not in Magic or Holiday season) so we can save a little on points.

We have 300 points: 200 at BWV and 100 (2x50) at AKV. We are currently selling our 230 OKW points to pay for AKV and (hopefully) another 100 points at CRV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter