How many DVC points do you have?

50 VWL points here. Eventually we will buy a couple small point contracts maybe to total to 150-200 points. Right now DW and I are happy with our little resale that we bought.

We figure we can one 5 day trip during Adventure season for the time being until we can afford to get more points. The thing I think we will be considering is that since now we have points at a Magic Kingdom resort we will look to either DTD DVC or Epcot DVC or AKV

We have 125 points at SSR.
My YB really loves Animal Kindom so if we added on that is were it would probably be.
Theo

We have 520 points. This is probably too much for us now that we have bought a holiday home in Spain. Since we bought in 2004 we have been over to WDW every year and stayed for two weeks but this year will be the last for a few years.

We have used our points for Disneyland Paris an II exchange to the UK, disney cruise and took two other families with us from the UK.

Susan

332 OKW -- January (VWL), May (VB) and October (OKW), 5 weeknights each
110 BCV -- December, 5 weeknights each
150 AKV -- November, length varies
592 Total

I have 26 OKW I bought thriough resale and than added on 100 at AKL through disney
Grand Total=126!

We have 200 at SSR. We have been going to WDW every other year. But we bought DVC last year so the visits may pick up. And we already have the add-on-itis :scared1: . We are thinking of picking up another 100 points at either AKL or WL.:)

We have 180 points each at AKV, BCV and SSR, so 540 total. This works out to about 3 trips a year, staying in a studio. We do one fall/winter, one late spring and one late summer. We do take the kids out of school for the fall/winter and late spring trips but this may not be an option once they get to high school. In that case, we'll take fewer but longer trips in the summer and move up from a studio to a one or two bedroom. Although its not the best use of points, we might take a 3 or 4 day DCL cruise during the years when taking the kids out of school is verboten.

We have 180 points each at AKV, BCV and SSR, so 540 total. This works out to about 3 trips a year, staying in a studio. We do one fall/winter, one late spring and one late summer. We do take the kids out of school for the fall/winter and late spring trips but this may not be an option once they get to high school. In that case, we'll take fewer but longer trips in the summer and move up from a studio to a one or two bedroom. Although its not the best use of points, we might take a 3 or 4 day DCL cruise during the years when taking the kids out of school is verboten.

We have 150 at BWV, 180 at VWL and 200 at AKL for a total of 530. We have too many points for just DH and me but we're starting to take family members along and get bigger villas. I guess there is no such thing as too many points!

Right now we go in early December and then again in spring: March or April. We never ever visit WDW in the summer heat or even in early fall.

670 at the Boardwalk Villas on a few different contracts.

However, when villas open at the Contemporary, I plan to sell a contract or two and purchase 200-250 there. Will still end up with about the same total.

We have 300 over at the Boardwalk and 300 at SSR. As for how many vacations do we get? It all depends on when we go and what size room we want. But trust me; for us 600 is more than enough!! I never thought I'd say that!! But for us it's fine. :thumbsup2

Ummmm...I feel cheap.......we just bought our very first DVC membership of 205 points at AKV. Its enough for one week at AKV in a one bedroom.

A little OT, is there a DVC 101 somewhere on the dis boards? I keep reading bits and pieces about how others use dvc points. I've read that its not a good use of points to take a dcl cruise. Why not? And then I read its a good value to buy smaller contracts. Why? Thanks for helping this greenhorn!

160 at SSR
60 at BCV

So far we've done one week in a studio and we're planning for 14 days in a 2br next May, with perhaps another week added in a 1br or another trip later in the year, not sure yet. We haven't owned long enough to settle into a pattern at this point, but we already know we want more points.

I am not aware of any; at least, none that have impacted me. To me, it's beneficial by helping to ensure I get the resort I want to stay at, when I want to stay at it.

I guess I could own at just one resort, but then I wouldn't have the home resort booking advantage I have at four resorts instead of just one.
[/B]
Here is one example that I know of. Lets say you have 200 in SSR and 200 in AKL if you were to have 100 points left in AKL and you needed 150 for your next vacation you would have to borrow the other 50 points from next year even if you still had your 200 points in ssr for that year that was not used yet.[/B]

Yeah, but be careful! Alot of us started out with the same number of points that you did. Then we caught the dreaded Add-onitis!

I was going to say. How does a family afford so many points starting off? Do most finance these points?

[/B]
Here is one example that I know of. Lets say you have 200 in SSR and 200 in AKL if you were to have 100 points left in AKL and you needed 150 for your next vacation you would have to borrow the other 50 points from next year even if you still had your 200 points in ssr for that year that was not used yet.[/B]

What you say is true if you want to reserve at the 11 month window, but if you wait to reserve the last few days until the 7 month window, you can use the SSR points. We have done this several times with our mixed resort points. Usually it has come through for us, but we don't mind switching resorts, if necessary.

375 points
290-BWV, 85 HHI points.
We 'try' to go to WDW one year, the beach the next year, then WDW, beach,etc... It does not always work out that way...

As for vacations-usually a 1BR at HHI, and 2BR at BWV or or 1BR at BWV...

deerh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter