Meijer does the points (mperks) that you're talking about.

But D&W is different. I give them $80, they give me two $50 DGCs, and the transaction is complete.

Ok, I will correct it to say no legitimate company is selling Disney gift cards at 16% and 20% off with no limits. And if it is offered, it is rare and probably done as a loss leader.

And to finish addressing the gift card site that we won't name, they do not have a phone number anymore and their address is a UPS Store box and according to the BBB, mail sent there just gets returned. The BBB says they can't do anything because they can't contact the company, and you should contact the Florida Attorney General's office.

I am not going to link to the BBB page, since it has a link to the website which shall not be named and then it would give away the name of the website.

Last edited:
Currently I buy Disney Gift Cards from Target and get 5% off when using my Red Card. I need a lot each year. Does anyone know anywhere that currently offers more than 5% and also let's you buy a decent amount?

Isn’t that the one that’s basically just Shipt? That launch deal has been around for over a month, it ends 5/18. Link

If I wanted Target delivered often I’d consider it but I never get my target orders delivered because pick up is so easy. For stuff shipped from target it’s free with my RedCard.
It might be shipt, I’m not familiar with either one. It did say free unlimited same day deliveries over $35. I was thinking about using it for groceries.

Currently I buy Disney Gift Cards from Target and get 5% off when using my Red Card. I need a lot each year. Does anyone know anywhere that currently offers more than 5% and also let's you buy a decent amount?
Find a grocery store that accepts Amex and also sells Disney gift cards. Then you can use the Amex Blue Cash Preferred for up to 6% back on up to $6000 of spend per year. It does have a $95 annual fee, though, negating some of the benefit. If you bought $6k of gift cards and nothing else, you effectively get 4.4% back, which means this only is a reasonable choice if you might also use the card for other shopping.

Find a grocery store that accepts Amex and also sells Disney gift cards. Then you can use the Amex Blue Cash Preferred for up to 6% back on up to $6000 of spend per year. It does have a $95 annual fee, though, negating some of the benefit. If you bought $6k of gift cards and nothing else, you effectively get 4.4% back, which means this only is a reasonable choice if you might also use the card for other shopping.
At that point just get a Citi Custom cash card which has no annual fee and gives 5% back at your top spending category (groceries are a category), limit $500 per month.

That's kind of the point for this entire 25,000 post thread. The reason it's so long is the deals are always changing. The first page is a great resource and is regularly updated with current deals. At the moment the wonderful FoxC63 is on vacation and not updating, though I believe she is coming back this week. In the meantime I would go back about 10 pages and read up to today for most valid offers.

At that point just get a Citi Custom cash card which has no annual fee and gives 5% back at your top spending category (groceries are a category), limit $500 per month.
That would work too. I’ve kept this card for years though and I do also get $7 per month back on Disney+ with it, so it is reasonable to continue using, but don’t necessarily apply for it if you don’t think it would be useful. It can get you 3% back on gas too (but so can many other cards now).

At the 5% level I’ll just use Target. Between me and my wife we can get up to $2,500 / month
The Red Card/Circle Card is hard to beat!
I did recently join Sam’s Club at a $14 promotional price and have picked up a few gift cards there at 5% or more off, and combined with a 2% cash back card. Ends up being 6.9% off at least. They have limits on how many cards you can buy at decent deals though.

Why would they want to get 4.4% back when they could get 5% back from Target? I think the question was if there was a way to get more than just the 5% from Target.

Anyways, I personally find the Amex Blue free card more valuable than the preferred as it gives you 3% back at all online stores without any annual fee.

I would suggest getting the Chase Ink Cash card, which allows you to get 5% Ultimate Rewards points on the first $25,000 of spend at Office Supplies stores and you could buy up to $25,000 of Disney gift cards at both Staples and Office Depot. The Ultimate rewards points are worth 5% if you take them as cash back or if you have a premium chase card can be used to transfer to hotels or airlines.

While the card is a business card, you can call yourself a self-proprietorship and still apply for it.

Another option could be to apply for the Discover It card (if you don't have one) and you will get rotating categories and the cash back doubled in the first year.

You can also get the Cash App which right now has CVS at 5% and Rite Aid at 6%, although Rite Aid has closed a lot of their stores in their recent bankruptcy. (You can also only do these deals once every 24 hours).

Anyways, I personally find the Amex Blue free card more valuable than the preferred as it gives you 3% back at all online stores without any annual fee.

The Amex Blue (3%) plus a discounted DGC at Sam’s (4%) can always net you a little shy of a 7% discount, assuming you buy online.

Sam’s *always* has at least a 4% discount on DGC. A couple times a year - they have bigger discounts (7.5-10%).

I’m not factoring in the annual cost of a Sam’s membership, but we would have it regardless since it’s less than a mile from our house. We shop a lot there.

Sams is my first go-to. Target at 5% is second.

The Amex Blue (3%) plus a discounted DGC at Sam’s (4%) can always net you a little shy of a 7% discount, assuming you buy online.

Sam’s *always* has at least a 4% discount on DGC. A couple times a year - they have bigger discounts (7.5-10%).

I’m not factoring in the annual cost of a Sam’s membership, but we would have it regardless since it’s less than a mile from our house. We shop a lot there.

Does Sams have a limit when there’s promotions? I need A Lot

sometimes. the most recent with the $100 gc for $90 was 2 per membership. I've tried to purchase 2 more after 2 days (and longer) and it does not allow. so the limit on this go-round is pretty strict.

Sams and BJ's have the Disney gift card at about 4% off. BJ's also has a $500 Disney gift card but I'm not sure what the price is as you have to sign in to see it - maybe someone else who has BJ's member ship can tell us.

I also seem to remember a couple of years ago that one of the warehouse clubs had someone you could contact to buy Disney gift cards in bulk and get higher discounts - I haven't heard anyone talk about that recently, so I assume that isn't around anymore?

sometimes. the most recent with the $100 gc for $90 was 2 per membership. I've tried to purchase 2 more after 2 days (and longer) and it does not allow. so the limit on this go-round is pretty strict.
Thanks. No point in me getting a Sam’s card in that case.
Sams and BJ's have the Disney gift card at about 4% off. BJ's also has a $500 Disney gift card but I'm not sure what the price is as you have to sign in to see it - maybe someone else who has BJ's member ship can tell us.

I also seem to remember a couple of years ago that one of the warehouse clubs had someone you could contact to buy Disney gift cards in bulk and get higher discounts - I haven't heard anyone talk about that recently, so I assume that isn't around anymore?
Disney’s site says you can buy in bulk and get a discount but that’s at $25k minimum.

Generally - yes there are limits.

A few weeks back - they briefly had $200 DGC for $185 (limit 5). They also had $100 DGC for $90 (limit 2…offer still on their website)

On the morning when the $100 for $90 deal went live - they neglected to implement the limits and several of us were lucky enough to buy several before they closed the loophole. I wouldn’t count on that happening again, but sometimes you get lucky.

In october Tripadvisor had 10% back I believe on that Target Circle promotion where we saved on Disney World tickets (The exact details I'm now foggy on). Either way I "completed" my trip a few weeks ago and both Rakuten and TopCashBack were tracking which made me very happy. I used both of them for a total of three tickets. I go to check TCB yesterday and the status went to declined and I opened up a ticket. Then I went to check Rakuten and it seems to have disappeared from my purchases. Anyone else in a similar boat?

We've had success combining cash back offers from places like RetailMeNot with purchases from Target. They often have 2% cash back offers, but I recently got 5%, making the total savings with my Red Card 10%.

I always keep an eye out for Best Buy gift card deals (seem to happen once or twice a year) at 10%.

As others have mentioned, reading the first posts on this board will give an overview of tons of different offers/options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter