How many DVC points do you have?

Here is one example that I know of. Lets say you have 200 in SSR and 200 in AKL if you were to have 100 points left in AKL and you needed 150 for your next vacation you would have to borrow the other 50 points from next year even if you still had your 200 points in ssr for that year that was not used yet.

In that situation, at 12 months I would book my 100 points at AKV and use 100 points from SSR (i.e., book a split stay). Then, at 7 months, if I didn't want a split stay, I would try to change one of the reservations to the other resort.

However, since it's just the wife and me (no kids), we would prefer the split stay.

What you say is true if you want to reserve at the 11 month window, but if you wait to reserve the last few days until the 7 month window, you can use the SSR points. We have done this several times with our mixed resort points. Usually it has come through for us, but we don't mind switching resorts, if necessary.

Thanks that really helps!!!

300 total. 200 SSR (2*100 pt contracts) and 100 AKV (2*50 pt contracts). Want 100 additional pts at Contemporary if it actually happens.

2000 all at OKW and bought all at the same time in 92 and glad we did! We use just about all of them every year. We take cruises, stay at other places, stay in WDW...and we don't have to worry about multiple contracts.

2000 all at OKW and bought all at the same time in 92 and glad we did! We use just about all of them every year. We take cruises, stay at other places, stay in WDW...and we don't have to worry about multiple contracts.

WOW That is amazing!!!

100 points VWL.

This is our first year actually using points. We are banking/borrowing to the best of our abilities. We just got back from 6 nights in a 1 bedroom at OKW - we paid cash for Sat night and points for Sun - Thur. We have a trip booked for 7 nights in a one bedroom at VWL for March 2008. We are paying cash for Fri and Sat nights and using points for the 5 weekday nights.

We have 2 points coming to us in June 2008, so we plan to take our next trip in June 2009 when we will have 202 points available (borrowing from the next year, of course). We are considering a studio for the 2009 trip.

100 points VWL.

This is our first year actually using points. We are banking/borrowing to the best of our abilities. We just got back from 6 nights in a 1 bedroom at OKW - we paid cash for Sat night and points for Sun - Thur. We have a trip booked for 7 nights in a one bedroom at VWL for March 2008. We are paying cash for Fri and Sat nights and using points for the 5 weekday nights.

We have 2 points coming to us in June 2008, so we plan to take our next trip in June 2009 when we will have 202 points available (borrowing from the next year, of course). We are considering a studio for the 2009 trip.

I borrowed too. I have 0 points in 2008. That is why I am taking note of how many points everyone has. I am buying more next month! Thanks for your help

200 here and we get 3 vacations a year, some times 4. Usually stay in studio's.

260 total (for right now).

150 - VWL
55 - BWV
55 - SSR

We are in the process of selling our Marriott timeshare. In this past year, I have been adjusting our timeshare ownerships just in case the Contemporary DVC comes on board - ;) :dance3: When and if it does, we'll be giving our DVC guide a call.

Right now we have 170 at SSR. I wish we had more, but right now it's about enough for us since we stay at studios a lot. We bought in March 2005 with use year September. We had to borrow to stay at a 2 bedroom in August 2005, but had enough left to do 6 nights (1 weekend night) at a studio in both January and May 2006. We haven't gone since May, but now we have enough points to do 7+ nights at a 2 bedroom in January 2008 and 7 nights in September/October 2008.

Once my sister and I have kids, I'm sure we'll need more points since we'll need more than a studio everytime we go!

We have 175 points at SSR, this our first year with them and we area already talking about adding on another 100 :)

We have two contracts at SSR for a total of 310 points.

SSR-160
SSR-150

We are patiently waiting for the next announcement for the next DVC project and then I plan on another 100 points at that location. Not interested in AKV.

Smitty

We have 220 at BCV. This affords us about 1 week each summer or spring in a 1BR. (school breaks). We are interested in adding on for 1 week at HHI each summer. Looking into it. We loved it there, just back last week.

Diane

I have 260 points at AKV. My plan is to do 2 trips a year: one 8-9 days and one long weekend. My plan is to make my way up to having enough points to do a 1 bedroom for those trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter