Home for the Holidays! ~ a magical December 2022 trip report. New PTR link 03/26

Imagine my delight when I spied an available cabana!
Wow! Nice score!
I loved my view from the lounger and couldn't resist texting my sisters pictures. After all, it was snowy and cold at home!
Revenge is a dish best served cold... or in this case, snow covered.
Is it just me or are Disney people the best people?
::yes:: It's not just you!
I had very unexpectedly lucked into Category 1 seating for Hoop Dee Doo Revue when I checked MDE two days previously so we were off to eat ALL the food and enjoy the best show ever.
Nice!
I decided to wear my Dole Whip dress this evening.
Very cute. :thumbsup2
the fantastic salad that I ate my body weight in
Oh, Lord. I love that salad. Soooo good!
The food here is simple but delicious!
::yes::
We both went for the red sangria and he soon realzied it was easiest to bring refills over by the carafe!
:laughing:
They brought the washboards out before dessert and Bill was a great sport and played along!
IMG_2187.jpeg
Great pic of Bill :laughing:
The end of the show was such fun with awesome Christmas carols.
Oh! That must've been amazing!
Then they served the strawberry shortcake. Friends, I tried to do justice to this, I really did. But I just didn't have it in me to have more than a few bites.
I get it. I was the exact same.
Of course the golf carts were fantastic as well. We saw one who had Swen on the roof! I called out and said "you win....best cart of the night!" She then said "come over, I have something for you" and handed me a tissue wrapped parcel.
Nice little pixie dust there.
I'm hoping you'll share what it was?
Then we had the ultimate pixie dust of the evening when we were offered a ride on the back of a golf cart to see more of the decor. It was so, so fun and magical beyond words!
Yay!
decided to hit up Geyser Point for an end of the night cocktail!
Very nice way to finish off the night. :)

Wow what a fantastic pool session, dinner, and checking out the FW campsite decorations! I would love to do that in the future
Best night cap is definitely at GP.
The Huckleberry punch is back on the menu and a favorite drink of mine and some of the Epic ladies!
What did the lady from the golf cart give you?
We will have to do Hoop de Doo when my sister travels with me again, she would love it!

Wow! Nice score!
The best thing about the Cabanas at the Boulder Ridge Cove pool is that they are FREE! I mean when does that ever happen in Disney?
Oh, Lord. I love that salad. Soooo good!
Right??? It's so simple but incredibly fresh and the dressing is delicious. I think I had three serving s of salad. Helped along with buttery cornbread of course!
Oh! That must've been amazing!
It was perfect! I was in my element. :)
Nice little pixie dust there.
I'm hoping you'll share what it was?
Coming right up!
Very nice way to finish off the night. :)
Nothing better!
Wow what a fantastic pool session, dinner, and checking out the FW campsite decorations! I would love to do that in the future
It was such a perfect afternoon and evening. It was so much fun at Fort Wilderness! I would love to get one of the cabins there for a few nights to check it out.
The Huckleberry punch is back on the menu and a favorite drink of mine and some of the Epic ladies!
Oh, I love that drink! The Cascade Sangria is another favourite of mine.
What did the lady from the golf cart give you?
Will post it soon!
We will have to do Hoop de Doo when my sister travels with me again, she would love it!
It's great fun! I am thinking of taking the twins this summer.
I'm a bit late to the party, but joining in now! Can't wait to read more!
So glad you joined in!
Also, is it just me or does this picture make it look like the tree has arms and is about to go in for a hug? :rotfl2:
Absolutely!!

A pixie dust present!

The day after our Hoop Dee Doo extravaganza, I decided to open my gift from the golf cart family.

It was a beautiful, hand etched wine glass! I absolutely loved it with the fireworks, castle and Hidden Mickey! It is just perfect and something I will always treasure.

IMG_2366.jpeg

For now, it is carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and tucked inside my Owner's Locker. I will have the pleasure of using it on each Disney trip and remembering such a special evening! :goodvibes

Last edited:
What an awesome day! The Hoop D D show sounded so fun. We haven't been for many years. One Dec visit we did a carriage ride thru the campground. Loved all the decorated campsites.

a beautiful, hand etched wine glass! I absolutely loved it with the fireworks, castle and Hidden Mickey! It is just perfect and something I will always treasure.
How nice was that! I love the design and you will definitely enjoy using this on your Disney trips. Sitting out on the deck or patio with a glass of wine 🍷

The best thing about the Cabanas at the Boulder Ridge Cove pool is that they are FREE! I mean when does that ever happen in Disney?
I'm sure that's a typo. Looks like you typed that it was free. Of course we know that isn't possible at Disney.

:rolleyes:
Right??? It's so simple but incredibly fresh and the dressing is delicious. I think I had three serving s of salad. Helped along with buttery cornbread of course!
I would be quite happy to eat nothing but that salad for a meal.
The day after our Hoop Dee Doo extravaganza, I decided to open my gift from the golf cart family.
The day after??? I would've torn it open the second I got back! :laughing:
It was a beautiful, hand etched wine glass! I absolutely loved it with the fireworks, castle and Hidden Mickey! It is just perfect and something I will always treasure.
Wow! Very nice indeed!

What an awesome day! The Hoop D D show sounded so fun. We haven't been for many years. One Dec visit we did a carriage ride thru the campground. Loved all the decorated campsites.
It was such a great day! The Hoop is always a favourite. I would love to do the carriage ride. I know it books up really quickly. Weren't people so creative with all their decor? It was so cool to see. :)
How nice was that! I love the design and you will definitely enjoy using this on your Disney trips. Sitting out on the deck or patio with a glass of wine 🍷
I just love it.
I'm sure that's a typo. Looks like you typed that it was free. Of course we know that isn't possible at Disney.
I feel as though I shouldn't even mention it. How can it be possible??
I would be quite happy to eat nothing but that salad for a meal.
Same here!
Wow! Very nice indeed!
I love it! Such a great gift. :goodvibes

What a great afternoon and evening! You're making me really miss that we didn't stay at the Cabins when we were in the World after Thanksgiving. I've always wanted to check out the decorations.

What a great afternoon and evening! You're making me really miss that we didn't stay at the Cabins when we were in the World after Thanksgiving. I've always wanted to check out the decorations.
Thanks Vanessa! We had so much fun and loved all the decor. Fort Wilderness is a pretty special place.
love hearing abt the show and enjoying your trip report
Thank you so much! I am happy to have you following along. :)

Resort touring and breakfast at Steakhouse 71!

Waking up on our first Disney resort morning, I was in desparate need of caffeine. Bill was still happily sleeping so I put of coffee on to brew and hopped in the shower. It was pretty chilly that morning so I pulled on my cozy DVC sweater before heading out. And where was I heading? Why to my favourite little nook on the 4th floor of Wilderness Lodge! I mean you can't beat this for a perfect moment of Disney zen....
IMG_2216.jpeg
Of course, I also had this gorgeous view to enjoy!
IMG_2215.jpeg

I thoroughly enjoyed my morning coffee and met a fellow DVC member who I chatted away with. It was a perfect start to the day!

Arriving back at the room, Bill was out on the patio enjoying his coffee. I changed into my Disneybound outfit and we got ready to head out for our resort tours. We took the resort launch over to MK and then enjoyed the stroll along the new walking path to the Grand Floridian. This is such a fabulous addition to the MK resort area.

The GF lobby never disappoints!
IMG_2219.jpeg
Just look at that tree!
IMG_2222.jpeg
I love this gingerbread house!

Of course I had to get a photo by the tree! Can you guess my Disneybound?
IMG_2221.jpeg
Next up we headed to the Poly although we had quite a time finding the walking path with all the construction. I always find the Polynesian more subdued with their Christmas decor. The tree was pretty with all the flowers though.
IMG_2225.jpeg
We browsed around BouTiki a bit, it's such a great store. Then we had to dash to the monorail in order to make our reservation at the Contemporary. We made it over with 5 minutes to spare and were able to take in the awesome decor in the lounge while we waited for our table.
IMG_2226.jpeg
Bill looks right at home!

Our table was ready shortly and we settled in with a breakfast cocktail. I went for the 1971 Sunrise (Herradura Reposado Tequila, Tropical Juices, Rosemary, House-made Grenadine) while Bill chose the Steakhouse Bloody Mary (Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bloody Mary Mix, Steakhouse Seasoning).
IMG_2229.jpeg
Cheers to another fun Disney Day!

Our server was Sarah and she was fantastic! Pleasant, efficent, outgoing and personable, we couldn't have asked for more! We were sure to fill out a cast compliment for outstanding service.

We both chose the Eggs Benny with Bill going the classic route while I opted for the Floridian version with crab cakes. Our breakfast was incredible with a special note going to the yummiest breakfast potatoes ever!
IMG_2231 (1).jpeg
On the way out we stopped to check out the castle gingerbread house. Defintely a more modern take on it, as befits the Contemporary.
IMG_2233.jpeg
We headed back to the Lodge for some pool time and a little relaxation. The evening would bring MVMCP and I could not wait!

I just found your TR. Your trip sounds amazing already!

Originally we had booked a deluxe studio at our home resort of Boulder Ridge but three weeks before our trip, we were moved to Copper Creek. BRV was undergoing a much needed renovation so I was happy with the move, even secretly fantasizing about an upgrade to a Cascade Cabin! Spoiler alert, that did not happen.
A cascade Cabin would be a wonderful surprise upgrade. One of the Dis friends gave us a tour of their cabin. It was really nice. :)
Also very happy to be carrying this new beauty for my trip!
I love your bag. It is very Christmasy. :)
Of course I had to have a picture beside it!
The WL and Boulder Ridge always look great, but even more so at Christmas. We like the Carolwood Room, too. It has my favorite fireplace screen.

We stopped by the WL during our trip last month and got a nice picture in front of the WL tree. It is nice to have a Photopass photographer stationed there.
Jock Lindays was a win for is!
We really like Jock Lindsay's. You can't go wrong with the queso dip and chips. :)
Imagine my delight when I spied an available cabana! I set up shop with my book, my lemonade and pool towels. Bliss!
Your cabana looks really cozy. We love the villas pool.
I had very unexpectedly lucked into Category 1 seating for Hoop Dee Doo Revue when I checked MDE two days previously so we were off to eat ALL the food and enjoy the best show ever. Just look at that view as we were waiting for the launch. I love it so much!
That show is so much fun. What a great way to spend your first night in Disney. I love the campground with the decorations.
The Cascade Sangria is another favourite of mine.
I tried this drink at Geyser Point and loved it. :)

It was a beautiful, hand etched wine glass!
That was really nice of them. And you have the place to keep it. Did you have a wine glass in your owner's locker before you received this one?

Last edited:
A cascade Cabin would be a wonderful surprise upgrade. One of the Dis friends gave us a tour of their cabin. It was really nice. :)
I have toured the cabins twice and love them. It would be a dream to stay in one!
I love your bag. It is very Christmasy. :)
Thank you! It was a Box Lunch find.
The WL and Boulder Ridge always look great, but even more so at Christmas. We like the Carolwood Room, too. It has my favorite fireplace screen.
I adore the Carolwood room. :goodvibes
We really like Jock Lindsay's. You can't go wrong with the queso dip and chips. :)
So delicious! The atmosphere is so fun too!
That show is so much fun. What a great way to spend your first night in Disney. I love the campground with the decorations.
It really was a perfect first night!
I tried this drink at Geyser Point and loved it. :)
It is yummy!
That was really nice of them. And you have the place to keep it. Did you have a wine glass in your owner's locker before you received this one?
I didn't have a wine glass before although i had planned on getting one. This one is extra special.

The end of the show was such fun with awesome Christmas carols.
View attachment 728641
Then they served the strawberry shortcake. Friends, I tried to do justice to this, I really did. But I just didn't have it in me to have more than a few bites. It was really yummy though.
View attachment 728643

We had a fabulous time at the show and decided to go for a walk around the campground after. The Christmas decor was out of this world!
View attachment 728640
Of course the golf carts were fantastic as well. We saw one who had Swen on the roof! I called out and said "you win....best cart of the night!" She then said "come over, I have something for you" and handed me a tissue wrapped parcel.

I tucked it in my bag to open later and we continued our tour.
View attachment 728644

View attachment 728646

Then we had the ultimate pixie dust of the evening when we were offered a ride on the back of a golf cart to see more of the decor. It was so, so fun and magical beyond words!
View attachment 728647
View attachment 728653

View attachment 728651

After a little confusion we managed to catch a Wilderness Lodge bus back to the resort and decided to hit up Geyser Point for an end of the night cocktail!

View attachment 728649
View attachment 728650
It was a perfect evening and we really had the best time. You couldn't have asked for a better first day!
The strawberry shortcake is so good and we are always way too full to enjoy it...too bad they won’t let you take just the strawberry shortcake with you.

I did almost the same thing this last trip. I really loved the WL and GF for Christmas decorations and the trees.
It sounds like a really fun morning and the breakfast looks awesome.
I may put this on our list for April since we will be at WL. It would be easy to head over to CR for Steakhouse 71.
The area at WL on the 4th floor looks lovely. I didn’t know that was there. I will look for it next time.

What a relaxing start to your day! I like how you could take the time to find a quiet spot and just enjoy your coffee. The WL is great for that. Perfect way to spend the day with the party to look forward to. Anxious to read about your party experience.

Wow. That looks so inviting and warm.
enjoyed the stroll along the new walking path to the Grand Floridian. This is such a fabulous addition to the MK resort area.
Ah! So it's all done. I never quite understood why there hadn't been one in the first place.
I love this gingerbread house!
::yes::
Can you guess my Disneybound?
I'm terrible at these things, but... Snow White?
I went for the 1971 Sunrise (Herradura Reposado Tequila, Tropical Juices, Rosemary, House-made Grenadine) while Bill chose the Steakhouse Bloody Mary (Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bloody Mary Mix, Steakhouse Seasoning).
I'd have either of those. ::yes::
We both chose the Eggs Benny
mmmm.... Bennys.... yes please. Both.
On the way out we stopped to check out the castle gingerbread house. Defintely a more modern take on it, as befits the Contemporary.
Not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter