Home for the Holidays! ~ a magical December 2022 trip report. New PTR link 03/26

were feeling optimistic about food options at the party (spoiler alert...that was a very bad decision).
Uh oh...
(cue ominous music)
IMG_2251.jpeg
Really like your dress!
Ok friends, I have a small rant....does anyone else feel the price of Disney cocktails is getting out of control?
Well... um...

I find everything expensive once you factor in the CDN/USD exchange rate. But... I'm not much of a drinker anyway, so on the odd occasion that I do order a cocktail, I usually don't really notice the price.
I spent $40 USD on 2 cocktails with the tip!
:scared:
Of course my first pick was Jingle Cruise
::yes:: It has to be!
followed by Peter Pan's Flight and Haunted Mansion.
Good choices. I approve.
The only thing I forgot to do was pick up my complimentary Christmas party ornament!
I didn't even know that existed. Is that an AP thing?
And there was no party exclusive merch! What's up with that?
Really? Now that is odd. Huh. Disney forgetting about a money making opportunity? Very odd.
I went for my beloved pineapple upside down cake with coconut/pineapple swirl Dole Whip on top.
no_dawg.gif
Bill chose the Pierre Mon Ami Float (Blueberry and Vanilla Swirled Soft-serve Pineapple Float garnished with a Red Feather). He loved this.
Now we're talking.
Did you know we both adore the Enchanted Tiki Room?
I know now!
We then headed to Peter Pan's Flight where I finally found the elusive Hidden Mickey on the moon.
The what now? I had no idea! Is this in the cue or on the ride?
HM is a must do for both of us and did not disappoint.
Of course it is and of course it didn't. ::yes::
However the line for Santa Goofy was just forming so we hopped in there and had the best time!
:goodvibes
Full convo going on! Santa Goofy was explaining how he flew his sleigh to arrive at Disney.
:laughing:
We were planning out our next activity while Bill was being silly with the map.
Suffice to say, the gingerbread men, the toy soldiers, the reindeer and Santa were over the top wonderful.
I really enjoyed them too.

The snope... not so much. I get enough of that as it is.
the parade and the totally magical atmosphere and cried happy tears while my lovely husband made fun of me.
Awww... and :rotfl:
The fireworks were so magical and of course I cried again, it was such a perfect night.
Once again... Awww... :)
We were both hungry and had not had any luck finding savoury options. Back at Wilderness Lodge, we tried to grab food at Roaring Fork but they were already closed for hot options. Territory Lounge had closed at 10 pm (why???) and we went back to our beloved Geyser Point to see if we could possibly grab a last minute bite there. Luckily they took pity on us and we were able to order the teriyaki chicken wings and brisket dip.
Glad you were able to find something.

Really like your dress!
Thank you! I had bought it in anticipation of going to MVMCP in 2020 and you know what happened there! I was happy to finally have a chance to wear it. :)
I find everything expensive once you factor in the CDN/USD exchange rate. But... I'm not much of a drinker anyway, so on the odd occasion that I do order a cocktail, I usually don't really notice the price.
True.....I tend to try to use gift cards for most purchases which feels less painful. In this case I was using cash and seeing $40 ($54 CDN) disappear was disconcerting..
Good choices. I approve.
Got to do the classics!
I didn't even know that existed. Is that an AP thing?
No, it was complimentary with party tickets. Oh look you just spent $179 USD per person on this party...here's an ornament.
Really? Now that is odd. Huh. Disney forgetting about a money making opportunity? Very odd.
I could not understand this. I went to MNSSHP in August and there was no party merch there either. I really like to have the event pins from each party for my collection so was disappointed not to have those.
The what now? I had no idea! Is this in the cue or on the ride?
It's in the ride, just as you are flying over the City of London and you ride vehicle is positioned in a certain way, you can see it.

https://allears.net/2020/04/03/11-things-you-didnt-know-about-disneys-iconic-peter-pans-flight/

Of course it is and of course it didn't. ::yes::
It's perfect. :goodvibes
The snope... not so much. I get enough of that as it is.
Well you do live in Winterpeg after all!

Thank you so much! I ordered the dress from Spades a few years ago and that was the first chance I had to wear it.

I bought a cute Disney Christmas Dress on Etsy for our recent trip. I did wear it for a bit at DS but my picture was never taken so that means it was never worn, right? I'm hoping to use it fully if we go again to see Danielle at Christmas.

In this case I was using cash and seeing $40 ($54 CDN) disappear was disconcerting..
Ouch
No, it was complimentary with party tickets. Oh look you just spent $179 USD per person on this party...here's an ornament.
Very magnanimous.

:rolleyes:
It's in the ride, just as you are flying over the City of London and you ride vehicle is positioned in a certain way, you can see it.
Well I’ll be! Huh!
Well you do live in Winterpeg after all!
::yes::

I bought a cute Disney Christmas Dress on Etsy for our recent trip. I did wear it for a bit at DS but my picture was never taken so that means it was never worn, right? I'm hoping to use it fully if we go again to see Danielle at Christmas.
No photographic evidence means it was never worn! What Etsy shop didi you buy from?
Another Tiki Room fan here!!!!! It's always a must do on our trips
It's so fun! Honestly there are days I could go to MK and simply do Tiki Room, Country Bears, the Carousel, People Mover and CoP and be perfectly happy. :)
Well I’ll be! Huh!
It's pretty cool. Also whenever I hear "well I'll be" I immediately think of Jiminy Crickiet in Pinocchio where he says "well I'll be, it's the Blue Fairy!" Random Susan fact for a Saturday morning, lol!

Time for Epcot!
I was up bright and early for a full day of fun. Bill opted to sleep in and meet me at the park around lunch time but I am of the firm belief that sleep is unnecessary at Disney. Plus I had plans to meet up with the lovely @disneyAndi14 which I was very excited about.
Nothing like walking into Epcot for the first time on a trip!
IMG_2314.jpeg
Caroline and I met up near Spaceship Earth and decided upon Frozen Ever After for our first ride. We ended up waiting about 20 minutes in line which passed quickly as Caroline is so sweet, bubbly and easy to talk too. We then decided on Soarin for our second ride which was fun although I still prefer Soarin' over California. Our final ride was my favourite of all, Living with the land. It was adorable all done up for the holidays!
69255038116__055F4118-60A0-4F1B-AB31-91ABB1AB538E.jpeg
IMG_2316.jpeg
IMG_2319.jpeg
We had plans to come back in the evening to see the ride illuminated. Caroline decided to head back to her resort now for a little rest and we would catch up again later in the afternoon. I decided that I would head to the Crescent Lake resorts to check out their holiday decor. But first I noticed Pooh bear frolicking in the grass by Figment and of course I need to say hello!
IMG_2322.jpeg
I had thought I might try to do the cookie stroll but I got defeated at my very first cookie! They are massive! I went for the Alfajores ~shortbread with with dulce de leche and coconut.
IMG_2324.jpeg
It was ok but there was no way I could eat it all. So I headed off to Beach Club instead. The carousel theme was princesses this year and did not disappoint.
IMG_2325.jpeg
Belle
IMG_2326.jpeg
Tiana

*continued in next post*

Last edited:

IMG_2327.jpeg
Elsa
IMG_2328.jpeg
Snow White
IMG_2330.jpeg
Jasmine

I am always in awe of the talent and artistry that goes into creating these.

I headed to Yacht Club next for the train set up and tree.
IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2332.jpeg

Last was the Boardwalk with the amazing gingerbread Boardwalk Deli and tree.

IMG_2333.jpeg

Look how cute Minnie and Mickey are! Apparently there are over 20 Hidden Mickeys in this scene.
IMG_2334.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

It was time to head back into the park and meet up with my lovely husband. I was so looking forward to showing him the Festival of the Holidays and meet up with more Disboards friends.

I thought that the Beach Club carousel was exceptionally pretty this year. I've always liked the train set at the Yacht Club, too. It is adorable but doesn't get as much attention paid to it as some of the other Christmas displays. We forgot to check out the Boardwalk gingerbread house. This was our first time back at WDW at Christmas in several years. Now I need to book a return trip. :)

Last edited:
Ok friends, I have a small rant....does anyone else feel the price of Disney cocktails is getting out of control? There is more ice than anything else in the glass. The drinks we chose (Sunshine Margarita
Lunazul Reposado Tequila, Cointreau, and Sweet-and-Sour with Orange and Lime Juices) were $16.50 each! I spent $40 USD on 2 cocktails with the tip!

Couldn't agree more. Last December I was swimming in the Boulder Ridge pool and a waitress asked if we would like a drink. I order two drinks for us and it was around $40 too. I enjoyed the drinks in the pool but was a little taken back by the cost. Needless to say I didn't do that again.

Bill opted to sleep in
You can do this??
I am of the firm belief that sleep is unnecessary at Disney.
Plus I had plans to meet up with the lovely @disneyAndi14 which I was very excited about.
Nice! I've yet to meet Caroline... or really even you, for more than 30 seconds!
I still prefer Soarin' over California.
Of course.
Except if they remade it, it'd be Leaning over California.

:rolleyes:
Cute shot. :)
I had thought I might try to do the cookie stroll but I got defeated at my very first cookie! They are massive!
So the stroll is not for the weak.
(Or for the tiny tummy)
shortbread with with dulce de leche and coconut.
Nope!
I am always in awe of the talent and artistry that goes into creating these.
Love this.
Look how cute Minnie and Mickey are! Apparently there are over 20 Hidden Mickeys in this scene.
How many did you find?

Love WDW.
Love Christmas.
Love EPCOT.
I think you've just lived my perfect day!
In fact throw in meeting some Disfriends and you've actually bettered it!
The Christmas decorations/overlays are gorgeous.

Sounds like a lovely holiday Epcot day so far! How fun you got to enjoy some rides with Caroline.
I agree, Soarin' over CA is much better.

The decorations at Yacht and Beach Club look impressive. I've never had the chance to see them in person, before, but I'll have to try if I'm ever back during the holidays.

I had such a fun morning with you! I wish my ankle had not been acting up because I would have loved to see the decorations at the Epcot resorts!
This was such a fun day and the evening was very special with everyone!
Thank goodness my ankle kept improving over the next few days!
I wonder if my running in the airport to make my flight irritated my ankle, glad it didn’t last too long!
Thanks again for hanging out with me! I Really enjoyed your company!

Looks like a magical time! 😁
It really was! There is nothing like Disney during the holidays!
I thought that the Beach Club carousel was exceptionally pretty this year. I've always liked the train set at the Yacht Club, too. It is adorable but doesn't get as much attention paid to it as some of the other Christmas displays. We forgot to check out the Boardwalk gingerbread house. This was our first time back at WDW at Christmas in several years. Now I need to book a return trip. :)
I felt the same way, Sue. The level of detail on each carousel horse was just incredible. My three sons were obsessed with trains as little ones so I have a special fondness for all train set ups. I would love to do Christmas at Disney again next year but I think it will be 2025 before that happens.
I thought the same thing. :-)
Right??? It's like a giant tree person!
Couldn't agree more. Last December I was swimming in the Boulder Ridge pool and a waitress asked if we would like a drink. I order two drinks for us and it was around $40 too. I enjoyed the drinks in the pool but was a little taken back by the cost. Needless to say I didn't do that again.
I will add beer and cocktail ingredients to my Instacart order going forward. Prices are going up so much and I need to curb it as best I can.
You can do this??
The boys are even worse....they will sleep until noon! I can't believe they willingly miss the best part of a Disney day.
Nice! I've yet to meet Caroline... or really even you, for more than 30 seconds!
We wil have to remedy that next time our trip dates overlap!
Except if they remade it, it'd be Leaning over California.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
How many did you find?
I think I got 4. There was a lineup behind me so I didn't want to linger too long.
Love WDW.
Love Christmas.
Love EPCOT.
I think you've just lived my perfect day!
In fact throw in meeting some Disfriends and you've actually bettered it!
The Christmas decorations/overlays are gorgeous.
I love all those things too.....Disney at Christmas is so, so special! I was very happy to get to spend time with Cloe, Dan and Caroline.
Sounds like a lovely holiday Epcot day so far! How fun you got to enjoy some rides with Caroline.
I agree, Soarin' over CA is much better.

The decorations at Yacht and Beach Club look impressive. I've never had the chance to see them in person, before, but I'll have to try if I'm ever back during the holidays.
It was such fun to hang out with Caroline. She is a sweetheart.

I think you would really enjoy the decor at the Epcot area resorts.
I had such a fun morning with you! I wish my ankle had not been acting up because I would have loved to see the decorations at the Epcot resorts!
It was wonderful to hang out with you! I wish your ankle had been feeling better too. You were such a trooper when you weren't feeling 100%.
This was such a fun day and the evening was very special with everyone!
It really was! I am thankful to the Disboards for getting to know such lovely people. Disney people are the best people!:goodvibes
Thanks again for hanging out with me! I Really enjoyed your company!
Thank you for hanging out with me. I was so happy to get to spend time together. I hope our dates overlap this summer. :)

Great choice of rides. I missed LWTL when we were there, just too much to do. I also missed seeing the decorations at the Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. Thanks for sharing.

I'm hoping to finally meet @disneyAndi14 in April. So great you two met up and shared some rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter