• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Home for the Holidays! ~ a magical December 2022 trip report. New PTR link 03/26

The strawberry shortcake is so good and we are always way too full to enjoy it...too bad they won’t let you take just the strawberry shortcake with you.
Dessert to go would be the best! I would be happy to eat that shortcake for breakfast.
I did almost the same thing this last trip. I really loved the WL and GF for Christmas decorations and the trees.
Resort touring is such a lovely way to spend time. I always enjoy the different themes. :goodvibes
It sounds like a really fun morning and the breakfast looks awesome.
The breakfast was excellent! I think you would really enjoy it. :)
The area at WL on the 4th floor looks lovely. I didn’t know that was there. I will look for it next time.
It's such a relaxing spot. There is another spot on the 5th floor as well.
You really had fun! It's pretty evident on your faces! Looking forward for more photos.
Thank you! We always have a fabulous time in the bubble.
What a relaxing start to your day! I like how you could take the time to find a quiet spot and just enjoy your coffee. The WL is great for that. Perfect way to spend the day with the party to look forward to. Anxious to read about your party experience.
I love a quiet start to the day. Spoiler alert...the party was amazing!
Wow. That looks so inviting and warm.
Such a perfect spot!
Ah! So it's all done. I never quite understood why there hadn't been one in the first place.
I think it was because the barges for the Electric Water Pageant are stored in the canal behind the lagoon. They had to accomodate a drawbridge into the path design.
I'm terrible at these things, but... Snow White?
You got it!!
mmmm.... Bennys.... yes please. Both.
So delicious!
Not my cup of tea I'm afraid.
Not really mine either, to be honest.

Hi Susan! Just joining in :) your start to your Disney vacation sounds wonderful! I wish Wilderness Lodge would bring back the boats to and from the Contemporary! That was always so nice to be able to easily pop over there!

Hi Susan! Just joining in :) your start to your Disney vacation sounds wonderful! I wish Wilderness Lodge would bring back the boats to and from the Contemporary! That was always so nice to be able to easily pop over there!
Hi Cloe! Thanks for joining in! We had such a fun start to our trip. My only wish was that we could have stayed for longer. I would love if those blue flag boats came back. It was so convenient. :)

Ah yes. I can see how it would take years for Disney to be able to build a drawbridge.

:rolleyes1
Well I didm't say it made any kind of sense, just that it seems to be the general consensus. Disney can be special at times....;)

Hiya Susan-just found you this morning but about to head out to pick up my wee Grandson Lucas from school so I just wanted to say I'm here and also what a fabulous start to your trip.
Both of you look so happy to be there!
Also now I'm thinking I may have to try a pickle for the first time (aged 57 :scared1: ):rotfl:
Cheerio for now :wave2:

! I mean you can't beat this for a perfect moment of Disney zen....

This does look like the perfect Disney zen.

The GF lobby never disappoints!

The GF has the best decorations. DH and I did a monorail decorations tour too.

Of course I had to get a photo by the tree! Can you guess my Disneybound?

Lovely photo. I'm going with Snow White. She's my Disneybound goto.

I always find the Polynesian more subdued with their Christmas decor. The tree was pretty with all the flowers though.

I agree. It's lovely but subdued.

We both chose the Eggs Benny with Bill going the classic route while I opted for the Floridian version with crab cakes. Our breakfast was incredible with a special note going to the yummiest breakfast potatoes ever!

This looks really good. I was thinking of SH 71 for dinner on our next trip but maybe we should switch to breakfast.

Hiya Susan-just found you this morning but about to head out to pick up my wee Grandson Lucas from school so I just wanted to say I'm here and also what a fabulous start to your trip.
Both of you look so happy to be there!
Yay Moira! I am glad you are here! :)
Also now I'm thinking I may have to try a pickle for the first time (aged 57 :scared1: ):rotfl:
It's never to late to try something new. I only discovered my love of pickles at 55.
popcorn:: all caught up!
Glad you are following along. :goodvibes
This does look like the perfect Disney zen.
It was such a nice way to start the day.
Lovely photo. I'm going with Snow White. She's my Disneybound goto.
Yes! I love doing Snow. I've also done Merida, Princess Aurora and Alice.
This looks really good. I was thinking of SH 71 for dinner on our next trip but maybe we should switch to breakfast.
It was a fab breakfast! I haven't done a full dinner there as yet but the apps I tried were excellent.

I didn't realize you'd started your holiday trip report! So sorry, but I'm here now and following along!

The eggs benedict at Steakhouse 71 are delicious. And what a view of WL with your morning cup. Sounds like a lovely day so far.

I didn't realize you'd started your holiday trip report! So sorry, but I'm here now and following along!

The eggs benedict at Steakhouse 71 are delicious. And what a view of WL with your morning cup. Sounds like a lovely day so far.
Yay Alicia! So happy you are here! I really loved Steakhouse 71 and will definitely add lunch or dinner to a future trip.

It's party time!
I was so excited to show Bill Magic Kingdom in all it's Christmas glory! We decided to enjoy a drink at Geyser before heading over and really, we should have had a light dinner as well. We were still pretty full from our big breakfast and were feeling optimistic about food options at the party (spoiler alert...that was a very bad decision). So we just went with a couple of margaritas and enjoyed the sunshine.
IMG_2248.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg
Ok friends, I have a small rant....does anyone else feel the price of Disney cocktails is getting out of control? There is more ice than anything else in the glass. The drinks we chose (Sunshine Margarita
Lunazul Reposado Tequila, Cointreau, and Sweet-and-Sour with Orange and Lime Juices) were $16.50 each! I spent $40 USD on 2 cocktails with the tip! I love the atmosphere at the bar and enjoy a good cocktail but honestly it's getting to the point where I might just pick up a bottle at Duty Free and make cocktails to enjoy on the balcony in our room. Rant over.

I had purchased Genie+ for the day even though we weren't arriving until 4 pm. I stacked some favourites so we could experience those rides without waiting in a huge line. Of course my first pick was Jingle Cruise, followed by Peter Pan's Flight and Haunted Mansion. The entry for the party was really well organized and the lines moved quickly. Soon we had our party wristbands and were making our way down Main Street USA! The only thing I forgot to do was pick up my complimentary Christmas party ornament! And there was no party exclusive merch! What's up with that?

We made our way to Jingle Cruise and thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas themed decor and puns! We had a wonderful skipper with a very dry delivery and everyone in the boat was laughing. After the ride we made a beeline for Aloha Isle for some treats. I went for my beloved pineapple upside down cake with coconut/pineapple swirl Dole Whip on top.
IMG_2252.jpeg
Bill chose the Pierre Mon Ami Float (Blueberry and Vanilla Swirled Soft-serve Pineapple Float garnished with a Red Feather). He loved this.
IMG_2253.jpeg
Did you know we both adore the Enchanted Tiki Room? So that was a must do as we knew it would not be available during the party. It was super fun as always..my favourite part is the Tiki drummers.

We then headed to Peter Pan's Flight where I finally found the elusive Hidden Mickey on the moon. Then we backtracked a little to the Haunted Mansion. HM is a must do for both of us and did not disappoint. It was just after 6 pm at this point and you could see crowds really thinning out. We were chatting about where to go first for character meets. The line for Pooh and friends was bananas and I knew I would have no hope of getting Bill to wait. So we ventured further into Fantasyland and found Donald, Daisy and Minnie also with a very long line. However the line for Santa Goofy was just forming so we hopped in there and had the best time! Santa Goofy was fun and engaging and we had so much fun! Well I did anyway....Bill is not as in to the whole character meet like I am. But he was a good sport.
IMG_2261.JPEG
Full convo going on! Santa Goofy was explaining how he flew his sleigh to arrive at Disney.

IMG_2263.JPEG
We decided a few cookies and hot chocolate were in order so headed over to Cosmic Ray's. Snickerdoodles were pretty good and the hot cocoa was welcome as it was actually getting chilly outside.
IMG_2267.JPEG
We were planning out our next activity while Bill was being silly with the map.
IMG_2268.jpeg
We decided to hit up the People Mover next, there's nothing better than that for me! We had decided upon the 8:30 parade and were trying to figure out a good spot to watch. The hub was jam packed so we made our way down to the Christmas Tree and found a perfect spot with a direct view of the tree and plenty of room around.
IMG_2273.jpeg
*continued in next post*

Last edited:
This proved to be an increible spot for watching the parade. We really enjoyed the dancers revving up the crowd and had fun taking some photos and playing around with the Genie+ lens.
IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2276.jpeg
Mickey Mouse lens - 2022-12-11 20_50_21.jpg
The first of the floats started arriving and it was such fun. I loved our view.
IMG_2282.jpeg
The characters dressed in their winter outfits with scarves were so cute!
IMG_2285.jpeg
Mickey and Minnie looked adorable in their Christmas outfits!
IMG_2291.jpeg
Olaf was hamming it up for the crowd.
IMG_2293.jpeg
Elsa was beautiful as always.
IMG_2295.jpeg
My boys Chip and Dale were the cutest! I love them!

I wish I was able to share the videos I took but I can't figure out how to add them. Suffice to say, the gingerbread men, the toy soldiers, the reindeer and Santa were over the top wonderful. It was perfection with the music, the chill in the air and the "snow" falling. Turning to go up Main Street, the castle was beautifully illuminated. I was overcome by everything....the decor, the parade and the totally magical atmosphere and cried happy tears while my lovely husband made fun of me.

IMG_2309.jpeg

We had some time to spare before the fireworks so decided to check out the dance party. I loved it but it really wasn't Bill's scene. So we decided to go to Buzz Lightyear which was a walk on. I am terrible at these games but it was fun all the same. Then we went to laugh floor which was hilarious with the Christmas overlay. The fireworks were beautiful, we watched from the hub close to the Tomorrowland bridge and had an awesome view.

The fireworks were so magical and of course I cried again, it was such a perfect night. The Toy Soldiers made a wonderful last goodbye to MK!
IMG_2311.jpeg

We were both hungry and had not had any luck finding savoury options. Back at Wilderness Lodge, we tried to grab food at Roaring Fork but they were already closed for hot options. Territory Lounge had closed at 10 pm (why???) and we went back to our beloved Geyser Point to see if we could possibly grab a last minute bite there. Luckily they took pity on us and we were able to order the teriyaki chicken wings and brisket dip. Feeling full and happy we headed back to the room for a good night's sleep.

The next day would bring a full day at Epcot, time with Disfriends and the Candlelight Processional.

Last edited:
Ok friends, I have a small rant....does anyone else feel the price of Disney cocktails is getting out of control? There is more ice than anything else in the glass.
Absolutely! It is ridiculous to have them cost so much. I had the Sangria at Rose and Crown and it was a very small serving of liquid in a very full glass of ice. I felt cheated but I didn't say anything. I don't know if it would have helped.
I was overcome by everything....the decor, the parade and the totally magical atmosphere and cried happy tears while my lovely husband made fun of me.
That must be why the Christmas party is so popular.
You cap is very cute. :)
We were both hungry and had not had any luck finding savoury options. Back at Wilderness Lodge, we tried to grab food at Roaring Fork but they were already closed for hot options. Territory Lounge had closed at 10 pm (why???) and we went back to our beloved Geyser Point to see if we could possibly grab a last minute bite there. Luckily they took pity on us and we were able to order the teriyaki chicken wings and brisket dip. Feeling full and happy we headed back to the room for a good night's sleep.
They really should have more food options available at night. The parks are open late and there aren't any options if you're hungry when you return.

I’m with you on the Disney cocktails, crazy expensive for what you get!
So glad you two enjoyed the Christmas party! The parade is wonderful.
Disney needs to increase the hours for food again! Especially with parks open later now!

What a great Christmas Party. Your dress is soooo cute and perfect for the party.

I agree that the drink prices are too high and there isn't enough food later in the night. It was even worse when we came during 2020 and 2021.

Cocktails - absolutely too expensive! Last trip they were $15 and that was bad enough. More people would probably have a 2nd (or 3rd?) if they weren't so ridiculously priced. Glad you had such a good time at the party! It sounded perfect.

Absolutely! It is ridiculous to have them cost so much. I had the Sangria at Rose and Crown and it was a very small serving of liquid in a very full glass of ice. I felt cheated but I didn't say anything. I don't know if it would have helped.
I am at the point where I am going to start asking for my drinks with no ice. Or a glass of ice on the side. Even with pop they put so much ice in, then it just gets watered down.
They really should have more food options available at night. The parks are open late and there aren't any options if you're hungry when you return.
I agree.
I’m with you on the Disney cocktails, crazy expensive for what you get!
It is really getting ridiculous. A liquor store order with some beer, wine etc is sounding better and better.
So glad you two enjoyed the Christmas party! The parade is wonderful.
It was so much fun! :0
Disney needs to increase the hours for food again! Especially with parks open later now!
I was especially shocked with Territory Lounge closing at 10 pm!
What a great Christmas Party. Your dress is soooo cute and perfect for the party.
Thank you so much! I ordered the dress from Spades a few years ago and that was the first chance I had to wear it.
I agree that the drink prices are too high and there isn't enough food later in the night. It was even worse when we came during 2020 and 2021.
I can't even how limited it would have been in 2020.If the parks are open until midnight, I really don't think it's unreasonable to have food options available.
Love your Christmas dress!
Thank you so much!
Cocktails - absolutely too expensive! Last trip they were $15 and that was bad enough. More people would probably have a 2nd (or 3rd?) if they weren't so ridiculously priced. Glad you had such a good time at the party! It sounded perfect.
I love the atmosphere sitting at hte bar, chatting, enjoying some nibbles and great conversation but the prices are just too much. Plus we are Canadian so have the fun of adding another 30% with the exchange rate.

The party really was lovely and I am very glad we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter