Hey, is there a Disney Dating Service?!

Being single really stinks..LOL Actually it's not that bad, I just need a guy so I can borrow his sweatshirt during the fireworks so I don't get cold.

I got a geat faded grey Mickey Mouse one I got on Main St;)

Sounds like a plan....how soon can you get here..I am heading to MK tomorrow morning...LOL. Last time we went it was too cold...brrr...we froze and left a little early. Tomorrow, we are going "comando" and staying for the whole day and evening!

I can"t agree with you more on this statement. Really tired of been solo all teh time. Although this past trip was a lot of fun!

:hug: John, I imagine if you ask anyone that is in a long term, honest, love-filled relationship they would tell you that it happened when they least expected it and had stopped searching for it. I have a feeling true love is like a butterfly and if you chase after it, it will always elude you but if you sit quietly it will land on your shoulder. (Yes, I know that's the same corny thing they say about happiness but it applies with love as well) That's the way it happened with me and Jes, I was sitting in my LR and he knocked on my door (a stranger)...(too long of a story to explain why we are no longer together but it was definitely true love) So, learn to love YOU first and learn to be content in all things, and when you least expect it the lady that God has planned for your life will bump into you, and even if she's a million miles away it will all fall into place..... My motto for this one is....Psalm 46:10 , so "be still" and let it happen :):) You are a good guy and it will happen when you learn to be content alone and to allow peace and love to fill your heart...:grouphug:

(Ok, I will shut up now....lol)

Hi,

Good advice, Angy! But I don't know if not looking for love actually works for me; it seems that it doesn't happen either way.

But because I have tried to force relationships to happen, the three relationships I've had in my life have had serious flaws, whether it was her dissatisfaction with me, or mine with her.

Now, not only am I not in a relationship, but I haven't had a date in more than six months. I think I've reached a point where I'm content with my solitude. On one hand, I would like to be with a woman who loves me for me; but on the other, with my history I'm not sure if I want to be with anyone. [Surrounds himself with construction cones]

Jim

Sounds like a plan....how soon can you get here..I am heading to MK tomorrow morning...LOL. Last time we went it was too cold...brrr...we froze and left a little early. Tomorrow, we are going "comando" and staying for the whole day and evening!

Well, I will be there Feb 14th. That is the soonest for me;)

Hi,

Good advice, Angy! But I don't know if not looking for love actually works for me; it seems that it doesn't happen either way.

But because I have tried to force relationships to happen, the three relationships I've had in my life have had serious flaws, whether it was her dissatisfaction with me, or mine with her.

Now, not only am I not in a relationship, but I haven't had a date in more than six months. I think I've reached a point where I'm content with my solitude. On one hand, I would like to be with a woman who loves me for me; but on the other, with my history I'm not sure if I want to be with anyone. [Surrounds himself with construction cones]

Jim

Don't feel bad :hug: I have been divorced for 6 years and am quite happy and content in my solitude , but that doesnt mean I have closed my heart to love. I believe it was Pope John Paul who once said "The worst prison is a closed heart" I just think when we search so desperately for that love, that desperation is like fear and ppl can sense it, and desperation is not attractive to anyone ;) If you have to force or manipulate a relationship then what you end up with is temporary. I am a firm believer in the knowledge that we can have anyone or anything if we want it bad enough, but the end result if it wasn't meant to be is always going to be temporary. I am just honestly content with my life the way that it currently is, and as far as a "real date" I havent been on one of those for a year :) and hadnt even actually thought about that until you mentioned it. I go out with a lot of guy pals but I dont really think of that in terms of a date since I have no romantic interest in them.... (hmm, maybe its a good thing they arent on the disboards....:rolleyes1 ) Learn to enjoy the moments along the way as I have learned that life is all about the moments that mean everything and the years that mean nothing...

I've been stuck in the house all week and was planning on dropping down to MK after church tomorrow (it's my favorite park, and I haven't seen the fireworks in a long time!). I'm always happy to meet new people, so if you're interested, please let me know.

And am always glad to be helpful... so I'd be happy to bring an extra sweatshirt if needed... :goodvibes

I've been stuck in the house all week and was planning on dropping down to MK after church tomorrow (it's my favorite park, and I haven't seen the fireworks in a long time!). I'm always happy to meet new people, so if you're interested, please let me know.

And am always glad to be helpful... so I'd be happy to bring an extra sweatshirt if needed... :goodvibes

Sadly..I will have the kid tomorrow...LOL...I'm a mean mommy...just once I'd love to do Disney with another adult..Hee hee...We will be at the MK when they first open and will be there all day. PM me and I'll send you my number and we can meet up in the park to say hi!

My valentine this year is my little boy.
Not that its not great, but I would some adult company. Romance and the MK go hand andhand in my mind.

How old is your little boy?
Any snow in Georgia yet this year...I'm dying to go see some of my old friends in Macon...and hoping that there is some snow in the mountains...I love stone mountain...

How old is your little boy?
Any snow in Georgia yet this year...I'm dying to go see some of my old friends in Macon...and hoping that there is some snow in the mountains...I love stone mountain...

He is 6,turning 7 in January. His birthday present in a week at Disney:thumbsup2

Hey, if you're still single in three years, I'll be waiting in Orlando for you. LOL, I live about 30 minutes from the Mouse and I always think the same thing too...how hard can this be...I feel the same as you. I feel like I'm stuck in an area where I'm not attracted to anyone that lives locally. Hurry up and retire...LOL...hey I hear my town has a great fire department..you can even watch TV BEFORE 5pm...LOL

Hey, Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I'm gonna pm ya if thats okay. But yes tv before 5 at work is always nice. My department is pretty lax as long as we have our chores done. We stay pretty busy though thru the day. But I can even take a nap on some days. I don't know if I could ever return to a real job.
Talk to ya soon, Joe

Hey, Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I'm gonna pm ya if thats okay. But yes tv before 5 at work is always nice. My department is pretty lax as long as we have our chores done. We stay pretty busy though thru the day. But I can even take a nap on some days. I don't know if I could ever return to a real job.
Talk to ya soon, Joe

Happy Holidays Joe !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Timmy, Thanks Merry Christmas to you too. I will be on duty all of Christmas eve and get off at 7am Christmas day. Unless I get mandated to stay over on overtime. My DD is not real happy about it either. She is worried Santa won't come if she is at the sitters. I have a special DD. Do you know any other 18 yr olds that worry about Santa ?

Any way I hope you have a great holiday. Bye, Joe

Hey Timmy, Thanks Merry Christmas to you too. I will be on duty all of Christmas eve and get off at 7am Christmas day. Unless I get mandated to stay over on overtime. My DD is not real happy about it either. She is worried Santa won't come if she is at the sitters. I have a special DD. Do you know any other 18 yr olds that worry about Santa ?

Any way I hope you have a great holiday. Bye, Joe

dont feel bad.. I am working thid christmas week.... I hope it stays quiet for you....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter