Happy Hour!!

:D I will try to give you a update when we go down this weekend!

I stopped by Finnegans on Monday, Happy hour starts at 4pm. Half price domestic drafts.

I think I read that last year, Happy Hour ended when HHN started? Same still true this year? Thanks!

Well, this year is a little bit different.

IOA closes at 5pm.
USF closes at 6pm.
Happy hour ends at those times.

After that, you're drinking beers at $5 a pop. They also have tons of bars set up around the park which are walk up stands. They have red lights flashing above them. I never went up to one of those, but had a $5 beer before the event started.

The big trick is to be in USF around 5pm, have a few drinks at a bar like Finnegan's across from the Mummy, then head to the stay and scream area (next to Neutron) to do the 2 houses before the crowd is let in.

As you exit these houses, you can buy another beer from a stand while you wait for the go at 06:50pm.

After that, you can buy a beer, or a drink from the bars in the park and that will keep you going. Plus they have girls selling jello shots in the lines.

The bar in jurasic park had happy hour 2-4!this past week

I'll be there in 10 days !!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

Believe me ... if there is a Happy Hour ... I'll be HAPPY !! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

I'll be writing down each happy hour for our thirsty friends !!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

I'm glad to see this thread resurrected. Our Disney annual pass expires soon so "We're goin' to Universal!!!". We're getting Universal annual passes again. Those $7.50 beers at Epcot sure adds up! It will nice to actually be able enjoy some resonably priced brews.

Cheers!!

it will be a while before I enjoy happy hour again but ah so sweet memories at least I think I remember most of it :rotfl2:

I've got 12 days to wait..sure would be nice if we received an update from travelers going soon. We're especially curious about the Mardi Gras day times since we intend to be out of there LONG before the parade.

muttngeff said:
I've got 12 days to wait..sure would be nice if we received an update from travelers going soon. We're especially curious about the Mardi Gras day times since we intend to be out of there LONG before the parade.

Isn't that after Mardo Gras ? Or are you going to be there the last saturday of the month ?

Isn't that after Mardo Gras ? Or are you going to be there the last saturday of the month ?

Only Universal could get away with extending Mardi Gras beyond Easter ;) :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We'll be there 3/30-4/5, so I'm referring to Sat 4/2...FWIW, the FINAL parade is actually 4/9 :rolleyes2

Bump - After a year hiatus (doing the Disney thing) I'm headed back to Universal next week!! You can bet I'll be checking out the happy hour situation and I'll try to update this thread (I started it after all).

Here's a recap - some of this stuff was just copied from the first page of this thread so may be outdated. Corrections invited!!

One thing to note is I don't think happy hour starts at 2 at US anymore. You have to go to IOA if you want the "Early" happy hour. I'm not exactly sure about the end times and they may have changed for the summer.

Anyway, here's the summary of happy hour locations:

IOA:
Watering Hole - 2-5pm
Enchanted Oak Tavern - 3-5pm
Backwater Bar - 3-7pm

US:
Finnagans - 3-7
La BAmba - 3-5(?)
Alcatraz - 3-5 - closed seasonally

And don't forget City Walk has happy hour until 7.
Nascar Cafe - Same draft specials
Domestic draft (2.50) Import draft (3.50) all the time.

Buffett Margaritas 2 for 1
Miller Light 2 for 1
Well Drinks 2 for 1
Above specials from 12:00pm to 4:59pm.

* The parks happy hour is only for Beer, Wine & Sangria.
* There is some good news for you non-beer drinkers - You can upgrade your mixed drinks to a double for $2 all day (and night) long.
* Get a refillable mug in the parks (~$8 filled) to get an extra 4oz of beer FREE!!

* All times are subject to change and do change throughout the year.

I went back this weekend and confirmed that Alcratraz starts at 3 now. so, you have to wait until 3pm for happy hpur at US and 2pm for IOA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter