Happy Hour!!

Originally posted by JMD
You have to drink both of them. Last time I went I tried the same thing. I wanted to buy one and give the free one to my wife, but they wouldn't allow it. We both had to order one, then we both got free ones.

Actually, this has not been my experience. We often head to Pat O's after work on Tuesday and we'll often get 4 drinks for our party of 4 but only pay for 2 using the 2-fer-Tuesday specials. Now, there are some caveats. First, you need to both be getting the same drink. So, if you want a beer and your partner wants a Hurricane, then you'll each get a token for a second drink. In addition, if you are getting your drinks at the bar, the bartender has to see both parties (with appropriate age identifying wristbands) in order for you to be given 2 drinks.

As far as the 1/2 price appetizers, almost everything on the appetizer menu is available. We like the cheese fries and the original nachos.

And regarding happy hour in the parks, I don't remember the times, but I know the sign at Finnegans has 1/2 price domestic drafts but only $1 off import drafts. :(

Originally posted by h20jag
Will post a good update Monday sometime.
At least Alchemy Bar will be detailed, I know!
:D Hey Jag! Where is our update:p ?

Sorry 'bout that Renee!

All I remember is....
Had to finally retire my old souvenir pilsner glass that MIB9's & MsDis gave me a couple years ago (The plastic was cracking alot, it gave its' all for me tho).
Got the new one ($7.50 I think, and yes...filled!).

Finnegans: 3 or 4 till 7 PM. $2.38 to fill souv. cup

Alchemy: 3 or 4 till 7 PM. $3 to fill my cup.

Watering Hole: Commie bartender wouldn't honor Happy Hour at 7:03 PM, the louse. $5.50 somethin' I think.

Hope that helps!
Drink up Renee!!

Hopefully this post could be marked important info as there is always a lot of interest in it so come on Barry of course have to wait for him to come back from vacation:crazy: :tongue:

Nah.......he won't highlander......I :worship: not so long ago with all sorts of incentives...not a dickybird!:drinking1

What's a 'dickybird', you wild people??
I hope it's sumthin' good.

And, yeh, it is an important & helpful topic.

" dickybird " is another way of saying not a sound not sure where it originates from looks like this post will need bumping a lot
:tongue:

Found it BUMP come on guys we cant lose this info I mean whats a family hliday holiday with out some spirit:tongue:

going to IOA for first time in a few weeks.

My husband was very excited to find out about Happy Hour, now all I need to do is remember where and when :drinking1

Does any one know if they turn the beer blood red for HHN at St Pattys they had green beer:jester:

Now I may be a little fuzzy about this (you can probably guess why), but if memory serves "Happy Hour" became "Happy Days" (or should that be "Daze"?) last year in the week leading up to New Year's Eve. We saw a sign advertising the half-price beer specials during the happy hours, and asked a server what those hours were. Her reply: "Today? Until we close."

It was like that the whole time we were there - at least, at all the bars. The little beer stands that were placed seemingly every ten feet or so apart (including one at the exit to the Hulk !?!) sold draft at full price - we made that mistake ONCE. Here's hoping they keep this policy for the holidays this year ...

Sometimes it depends some run from 4 till 7 which if park closesa at 7 then its until they close:jester:

Ah, but on the days I was talking about, the park didn't close until 11PM. And the "Happy Hour" started at open, I do believe ...

Originally posted by h20jag
Sorry 'bout that Renee!

Finnegans: 3 or 4 till 7 PM. $2.38 to fill souv. cup

Alchemy: 3 or 4 till 7 PM. $3 to fill my cup.

Hope that helps!
Drink up Renee!!

Yeah, finnegans caught me out this year with the only $1 off imports. I love my heineken and can't stand US beers (sorry guys but you'd be better off drinking water with a drop of alcohol in it :p especially with the lite beers). Thankfully Alchemy saved me at $3.25 a pop for Heineken.

Alchemy was 3pm - 7pm, I think Finnegans was too.

Can't wait to go back again next year, plus we'll be getting married out there :cool:

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere in this thread, but mostly I'm bumping it up. What imported beers are available at Universal? Can I get my Corona?

Cheers!
Morticia.

Hmmmm ... if memory serves, Corona (also one of my faves) is widely available - I think places at both parks AND City Walk carry it. Which exact ones, I cannot say, although I am positive both the Backwater (near the front of IOA) and Nascar Cafe stock it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter