Happy Hour!!

UniversalAddict

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if only teetotalers post to this site but one of the best things about Universal (as opposed to Disney) is their happy hours. 1/2 price drinks at a theme park!! :p It's unheard of. You can get a Guiness for less that $3!!

If anyone needs hours and locations I can post it.

Also, Finnegans used to 1/2 price chicken wings during happry hour. Apparently they stopped offering them. Does anyone know if they will be offered again?

Wow, I didn't think about that, I would like to know the locations and times of the Happy Hour. Sounds like a good way to save money.

Post away my friend! I would certainly like to know the times and places!

I'm not sure why someone from the UK would want to go to a "fake" english/irish pub but I always see them there. I guess its for the same reason I love them too.

Updated 1 Feb 2006
I can keep this page mostly up to date so people don't have to search around for the latest happy hour news.
>>>>>
One thing to note is I don't think happy hour starts at 2 at US anymore. You have to go to IOA if you want the "Early" happy hour. I'm not exactly sure about the end times and they may have changed for the summer.

Anyway, here's the summary of happy hour locations:

1/2 price beer and deals on Wine & Sangria at:

IOA:
Watering Hole - 2-5pm
Enchanted Oak Tavern - 3-5pm
Backwater Bar - 3-7pm

US:
Finnagans - 3-7 - imports only $1 off (I think)
La BAmba - 3-5(?)
Alcatraz - 3-5 - closed seasonally

And don't forget City Walk has happy hour until 7.
Nascar Cafe - Same draft specials
Domestic draft (2.50) Import draft (3.50) all the time.

Buffett Margaritas 2 for 1
Miller Light 2 for 1
Well Drinks 2 for 1
Above specials from 12:00pm to 4:59pm.

* There is some good news for you non-beer drinkers - You can upgrade your mixed drinks to a double for $2 all day (and night) long.
* Get a refillable mug in the parks (~$8 filled) to get an extra 4oz of beer FREE!!

* All times are subject to change and do change throughout the year.

I'm not really sure of the end time on backwater but I'm pretty sure it was (at one time) an hour earlier

The time varies, at least at the Alchemy (Enchanted Oak) and Backwater bars, sometimes it's 3-5, sometimes 3-6.

All of the bars in Citywalk have happy hour from 3-7, the offers vary, but you can count on 1/2 price domestic drafts and wine (I think). At Nascar Cafe, domestic pints are $2 all the time. I know Margaritaville features a house margarita for 1/2 price or so as part of happy hour.

Pat Obriens has 2 for Tuesdays, where you buy one drink and you get a token for another of the same value to use for your next one. That is a great deal!

Also, you can purchase refillable cups at the parks, they hold 20oz. of beer and can be refilled for $4.99, which is the normal cost of the 16oz. draft. It's not a great deal, but for those who want a few cold ones, and it's not happy hour, it's an ok deal. :rolleyes: The cost is something like $7.99 for the first one, so you need to have a couple to make it worthwhile. I haven't tried to refill them at happy hour, I'll have to try that trick Saturday! ;)

Karen :smooth:

I might need to print this thread out to bring with me! Geez, you lushes... lol Too bad I'll have my kids with me. I wonder how I can convince my husband to let my sister and me go to happy hour a time or two while he hangs with the kids. Hmmmm. I am going to have my 15yo daughter babysit her brothers once evening so the adults can go to dinner--we'll have to hit a happy hour first.

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle
I might need to print this thread out to bring with me! Geez, you lushes... lol Too bad I'll have my kids with me. I wonder how I can convince my husband to let my sister and me go to happy hour a time or two while he hangs with the kids. Hmmmm. I am going to have my 15yo daughter babysit her brothers once evening so the adults can go to dinner--we'll have to hit a happy hour first.

I don't know if it helps to know or not, but you can take drinks to go at all the happy hours, so it's not as if you have to sit there, in a bar and drink them. At Citywalk there are fountains for the kids to play in, and as the evening approaches, they do stuff on the stage to entertain, the kids seem to enjoy. There is also an arcade IN Nascar and a free-standing arcade upstairs, not far from there. The only thing you can't do is leave or enter the parks with an alcoholic drink.
Of course, in the parks, there is plenty for them to do, while you carry your cheap drink along! :rolleyes:

MsDisney, that sure does help!!! I never thought of getting a drink to go. This is going to be one fun trip. ;)

Thanks guys,

MsDisney you sound like a professional drinker, thanks for the great tips. You are getting me fired up for my up coming trip. Any other tips for the party scene would be appreciated .

Yes, MsDisney does seem like a party animal! I have these mental images of people on the DIS boards and I'm going to have to change my image of her... :D

Good to see a lively thread for the hardcore theme-parkers!
You won't find a better crew than MsDis & MIB9's to give you the most recent updates for the mostest adult activities on property.
Good people, with good info.
They could charge for this stuff if they wanted!
(Is the gumbo worth anything at Mardi this year??)
Jim

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle
Yes, MsDisney does seem like a party animal! I have these mental images of people on the DIS boards and I'm going to have to change my image of her... :D

Gee...is it THAT bad??? :confused:

Thanks, Jag....it does help that we live close, and saving for a house means having to know where the best "deals" are! :)

I can't tell you about the gumbo, MIB9's and I were too full from our lunch at Mythos last time, we didn't have any Mardi snacks! (is beer a snack??? :confused: )

Perhaps you can be the official gumbo guy tomorrow! :)

Barry, I haven't even done the drinking around the world at EPCOT, so maybe I don't deserve all the fanfare! I'm still a novice! :rolleyes:

Yes, you can use the refill mug at happy hour. I've done it many times.

By the way, all of the happy hour places have pretty good menus. If you can give the kids light snacks until 3 then you can "conveniently" have a late lunch during happry hour.

Originally posted by UniversalAddict
Yes, you can use the refill mug at happy hour. I've done it many times.

Cool....so then you pay $2.50 for the 20 oz refill during happy hour? That's cool. It's not like $2.50 for a draft beer is a great deal, but in theme park world, it's not bad :rolleyes:, and as you said, Disney doesn't do it :mad: we get 20% off liquor at WDW with the FL resident Disney Dining experience, which helps.

The problem with the theme park happy hours is, the Citywalk deals are much better, but it does involve leaving the parks to take advantage, so I guess convenience has its price! :)

Originally posted by MsDisney
Gee...is it THAT bad??? :confused:

... haven't even done the drinking around the world at EPCOT, so maybe I don't deserve all the fanfare! I'm still a novice! :rolleyes:

Around the world at Epcot? Let's see there are about 10 countries. A good beer is about $8 with tip. So that would be $80 a person!! I love Epcot but Universal is definitly a better value.

Another "by the way" - Finnegan's has the best beer selection (guinness, harp, bass, ...) - all 1/2 price during happy hour.

Originally posted by MsDisney
Cool....so then you pay $2.50 for the 20 oz refill during happy hour? That's cool. It's not like $2.50 for a draft beer is a great deal, but in theme park world, it's not bad :rolleyes:,

$2.50 for a 20oz bud is a pretty good deal even at a "normal" bar/restaraunt".
$2.80 (or so) for a 20oz guinness/harp is very good.

One note on the refill mug: You can't get them at the happy hour places. You can only get them at some of the little street side carts that see beer. So, if you get really thirsty before 3 find a cart that sells the refill mug to get your beer.

MsDisney, I'm just funning you...:o

This from the person who only makes it to Mexico, our first step when drinking around the world at Epcot. lol The funny thing is that lately alcohol seems to sometimes trigger migraines in me so my drinking days (as light as they were) may be coming to an end.

I'm all for a bargain, too. I'll skip the domestic beer, but a margarita at Margaritaville or a beer at Finnegan's sounds good. And the City Walk location is no problem for us since I plan on mid-day breaks at the hotel and that should just about be when we'd plan on going back to the parks for the evening.

I do need to write these places down since we've only been to Universal once and I'm not familiar with these places. I just mentioned this thread to my DH and I almost got a smile out of him. Maybe now he'll get excited about this vacaton. :bounce:

Originally posted by UniversalAddict

... some of the little street side carts that "see" beer.

I really need to check my messages for typos better. I meant "sell". Or maybe I subconsciously meant it like the movie "6th sense".

"I see beer".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter