Grossest Thing You've Seen at the Parks

That reminds me of some guy I see on the bus once in a while, (and thankfully not much more either) he takes out dental floss and FLOSSES HIS TEETH on the bus, I'm one for good oral hygiene, but EWWWWWWWWWWWW, at least he puts the used floss in his pocket after, but please, do that in the privacy of a bathroom or something!

Jules

This reminds me of a girl that DBF and I used to be friends with... she would carry those individual flossers in her purse and floss her teeth AT THE TABLE after EVERY meal. So gross! :mad:

Epcot Beirgarten 2001 December: 5 yo DD and 9 yo ds are dancing the night away while dh and I are chatting with some funny Swiss lads. We're seated facing the stage, next to a waist high partition dividing us from the serving station. About 1.5 hours in, dd asks me to take her to the restroom. As I stand up, I see a man, quite gray and obviously quite dead, lying in the narrow pathway dd has JUST waked through. I hustle her to the restroom, expecting to have one of those talks designed to make your innocent chiold unsee what can't be unseen. "Did you see a man lying on the floor?" I asked her. "Oh, yeah, Mom. He's dead. :tiptoe: I've been stepping over him all night!" :tiptoe: :eek:

I guess that after the previous day's horror-and-gross-out combo plate, she must have thought this is all just part of the magical Disney experience pixiedust: That tail - umm, tale is coming up next.

For the days leading up to our Animal Kingdom visit, DD could think only of the turkey leg she was going to have for lunch there. When the time came, we bought four legs and then sat in a nice shaded dining area next to a bubbling brook. Perfect. We settled in and were immediately approached by a great blue heron - one of the many birds that fly in and enjoy that park. He was taller than DD, and took what looked like a friendly interest in her. She asked if she could give him a piece of her turkey, and I said let me do it first - to make sure he was tame, you know. I work with wilds and have a darn good ability to read a mammal, but birds can be more decieving. I offer, he politely accepts. Everyone offers, he repeats his mannerly acceptance. Next thing you know, he's turned into the eccentric uncle who shows up unexpectedly and says "Hey, let's all go to WDW!" H's ours, he assures us, for life. We think he's weird, but we al love him anyway. We all give him turkey. Lots of turkey. Those legs are huge - much to big for any of us to eat, but not Uncle Heron. He seems to be a bottomless pit. graciously taking our offerings, and giving us best friend looks, but his hunger knew no limits. After a while dh and I become concerned we may be making him sick. The turkey isn't the problem- most carnivorous birds eat birds. But by now he's eaten as much as a whole leg, and besides, it's salty. We decide to cut him off, and begin suggesting he pack up and go. He resists, so DH turns off the video camera, gathers up the remainders of lunch and tosses it in the trash. His eyes flash angry. Now, he's not just a carnivor, but a mass murderer, bent on revenge. We're relieved when he stomps off, thinking it was just a bit of show. But he goes about 4 yards away, to the bubbling brook, and within about 4 seconds, yanks out Mickey - a rat larger than a squirrel and just smaller than a full grown cat. (this predated Remy) While it flails in his beak he walks a couple yards closer and eats it right in front of us, never once taking his eyes off of us.

I can't help wondering if Alfred Hitchcock came back as a heron, because this guy had the same talent for suspense and timing as the director had.

For the days leading up to our Animal Kingdom visit, DD could think only of the turkey leg she was going to have for lunch there. When the time came, we bought four legs and then sat in a nice shaded dining area next to a bubbling brook. Perfect. We settled in and were immediately approached by a great blue heron - one of the many birds that fly in and enjoy that park. He was taller than DD, and took what looked like a friendly interest in her. She asked if she could give him a piece of her turkey, and I said let me do it first - to make sure he was tame, you know. I work with wilds and have a darn good ability to read a mammal, but birds can be more decieving. I offer, he politely accepts. Everyone offers, he repeats his mannerly acceptance. Next thing you know, he's turned into the eccentric uncle who shows up unexpectedly and says "Hey, let's all go to WDW!" H's ours, he assures us, for life. We think he's weird, but we al love him anyway. We all give him turkey. Lots of turkey. Those legs are huge - much to big for any of us to eat, but not Uncle Heron. He seems to be a bottomless pit. graciously taking our offerings, and giving us best friend looks, but his hunger knew no limits. After a while dh and I become concerned we may be making him sick. The turkey isn't the problem- most carnivorous birds eat birds. But by now he's eaten as much as a whole leg, and besides, it's salty. We decide to cut him off, and begin suggesting he pack up and go. He resists, so DH turns off the video camera, gathers up the remainders of lunch and tosses it in the trash. His eyes flash angry. Now, he's not just a carnivor, but a mass murderer, bent on revenge. We're relieved when he stomps off, thinking it was just a bit of show. But he goes about 4 yards away, to the bubbling brook, and within about 4 seconds, yanks out Mickey - a rat larger than a squirrel and just smaller than a full grown cat. (this predated Remy) While it flails in his beak he walks a couple yards closer and eats it right in front of us, never once taking his eyes off of us.

I can't help wondering if Alfred Hitchcock came back as a heron, because this guy had the same talent for suspense and timing as the director had.

Okay, where to even start with this post. Okay, I've got it, why were you feeding a bird in AK when the signs posted clearly say NOT to feed them? The rest of the post, not sure what to think. Nice 3rd post. What were your first two?

I used to be a CM in Fantasyland. I was working the Fastpass Bypass Role where I merge the 2 lines together & a lady was mad I didn't let her right through & commanded her daughter to pee! I had to call for a "protein spill" to be cleaned up! Who does that?!

I used to be a CM in Fantasyland. I was working the Fastpass Bypass Role where I merge the 2 lines together & a lady was mad I didn't let her right through & commanded her daughter to pee! I had to call for a "protein spill" to be cleaned up! Who does that?!

:scared1::confused::eek:...I am so glad I didn't see that, Bahahahaha. That's horrible!

Who cleaned up her daughter? :rotfl2:

---Paul in Southern NJ

Wait a minute...

Dead guy laying on floor in Biergarten by your family's table for at least 1.5 hours. You step over him and go to the bathroom? Really?

That must be the strangest yet funniest thing I've read here!

The Sasquatch said:
Wait a minute...

Dead guy laying on floor in Biergarten by your family's table for at least 1.5 hours. You step over him and go to the bathroom? Really?

Yea, can we go back to this? I need more details...

During our September trip last year we had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. I was pretty much sitting in a corner facing the rest of the room.

A couple was seated after we were and I was facing them so had a "great" view. He kept picking his nose. She would say stop it. He'd stop for a couple of minutes and then it would repeat. She'd say stop. He'd stop for a couple of minutes and then start again and on it went.

My then 3 yr old had to go to the washroom as I was taking her past their table I was SO tempted to say something. But chickened out and didn't. Really who does that? Especially in a nice sit down restaurant? :confused3

My ex's father was a dentist (some one who puts his hands in other people's mouths for a living) and he would pick his nose, not only at the table, but while he was in direct conversation (& making eye contact) with you. Weird

I'm needing more info on the dead guy story...:confused3

We've been there, seen the puke puddles, both during and after. We usually try to walk the other way!

Two experiences stick out in my mind (I'm sure there's others lurking somewhere deeper). One was when a friend and I were on the monorail with a family sitting across from us with numerous children. One little boy (about 3-4) decided he wanted to stand with dad and hang on to the hand pole (?). Anyway, after a few minutes he gets "the look" and a scent, far from roses, starts to permeated through the cabin. Everyone is literally turning green and mom is steadfastly not making eye contact with anyone! After a bit the boy puts his hand down his pants and starts digging around, pulls it out sniffs and grabs the pole again. The rest of the ride he alternated this process! We were the first ones off the monorail laughing our heads off, gasping for fresh air! The whole rest of the trip we had a rule about not touching anything a toddler could have touched!

Another visit, I had staked out a parade spot, waiting for DH and DD. Spending the time people watching. One little girl was across the street on the end of a leash, she was the cutest thing! Unbeknownst to her parents she was snacking on popcorn that had fallen on the side walk! Seriously going at it like one of the Disney ducks! I watched while she cleaned the sidewalk of all popcorn and then her mom tugged the leash and down the street they went! popcorn::

Epcot Beirgarten 2001 December: 5 yo DD and 9 yo ds are dancing the night away while dh and I are chatting with some funny Swiss lads. We're seated facing the stage, next to a waist high partition dividing us from the serving station. About 1.5 hours in, dd asks me to take her to the restroom. As I stand up, I see a man, quite gray and obviously quite dead, lying in the narrow pathway dd has JUST waked through. I hustle her to the restroom, expecting to have one of those talks designed to make your innocent chiold unsee what can't be unseen. "Did you see a man lying on the floor?" I asked her. "Oh, yeah, Mom. He's dead. :tiptoe: I've been stepping over him all night!" :tiptoe: :eek:

I guess that after the previous day's horror-and-gross-out combo plate, she must have thought this is all just part of the magical Disney experience pixiedust: That tail - umm, tale is coming up next.

Seriously??? You were stepping over a DEAD person??? Now I've heard/read it all.

In January, I also witnessed diaper changing on the tables. I don't understand thinking it is ok to change dirty diapers when others are eating or on the surface others will eat on. :crazy2: Bad thing is, the bathroom was about 20 steps away. Please people, stop being lazy!

Sorry but to me this smells trolling

In July after a quick rain shower, a fifty something woman who weighed 275-300 if she weighed a pound was riding a evc wearing nothing but a bra top, a pair of four sizes too small bike shorts with a clear poncho over this. The fat was hanging over the side of the seat and the rolls of flab were just undulating under the poncho, it was like a train wreck, I could not stop staring!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter