Glenda's September 2008 WDW Adventure!

I can't believe how cold it is and it's only November.

Coming to work tonight, it was 48 degrees. In November, in Texas?:scared1: that's crazy! Last Thanksgiving we were still wearing short sleeve tshirts. I hardly ever wear a coat, but had to dig one out tonight. I agree with Jamie. Anything below 60 degrees is cold and it's not supposed to be this cold in November. It's also been sooo windy around here, which just makes it worse. I let my little 13 lb shih tzu out tonight and she could barely get off my back porch the wind was blowing her so bad. She usually runs around a little outside every night, but tonight she barely stepped off the porch to potty, before she had to fight the wind to get back in. With her long hair blowing, I swear she looked like she was about to take flight. My 80 lb akita loved it though and kept running circles around the yard playing, although he too came back into the house quicker than usual.

Kat and Rich, is it cruisin' time yet? I'm ready for some warm sun.

Hey Vanessa-51 days until the cruise-last night was the coldest yet, here. The wind was brutal, also. Can't wait to go to the "warm".........

Coming to work tonight, it was 48 degrees. In November, in Texas?:scared1: that's crazy! Last Thanksgiving we were still wearing short sleeve tshirts. I hardly ever wear a coat, but had to dig one out tonight. I agree with Jamie. Anything below 60 degrees is cold and it's not supposed to be this cold in November. It's also been sooo windy around here, which just makes it worse. I let my little 13 lb shih tzu out tonight and she could barely get off my back porch the wind was blowing her so bad. She usually runs around a little outside every night, but tonight she barely stepped off the porch to potty, before she had to fight the wind to get back in. With her long hair blowing, I swear she looked like she was about to take flight. My 80 lb akita loved it though and kept running circles around the yard playing, although he too came back into the house quicker than usual.

Kat and Rich, is it cruisin' time yet? I'm ready for some warm sun.

I second this:scared1: It is a rather cool here in Texas, we camped in the hill country last weekend and the low temp was 29 degrees:scared1: I won't be doin that again.:headache: Where is Glenda:santa:

Yup I'm ready lets go! Jamaica sounds good right about now! Its been brutal here for November. I can't imagine Black Friday shopping next week. I joked last week to my mom that it was gonna be in the 70's. Today she said she was gonna hold me to it. I'm in trouble! Lets hope for some warmer temps for all us nuts next Friday!:rotfl:

Coming to work tonight, it was 48 degrees. In November, in Texas?:scared1: that's crazy! Last Thanksgiving we were still wearing short sleeve tshirts. I hardly ever wear a coat, but had to dig one out tonight. I agree with Jamie. Anything below 60 degrees is cold and it's not supposed to be this cold in November.

It was 39 degrees when I left my daughter's in Marshall to come home at 9:00 this morning :scared1:

It was 39 degrees when I left my daughter's in Marshall to come home at 9:00 this morning :scared1:

Hey! We finally got a warm day today. We went out for lunch and was able to wear short sleeve tshirts. We even saw a couple of kids in the pizza place wearing shorts. As we were pulling in the driveway, my neighbor came out with his little boy. He was barefooted and the baby was running around in a t shirt, diaper, and barefooted. Hopefully we'll be able to keep this warm weather for a few days.

Hey! We finally got a warm day today. We went out for lunch and was able to wear short sleeve tshirts. We even saw a couple of kids in the pizza place wearing shorts. As we were pulling in the driveway, my neighbor came out with his little boy. He was barefooted and the baby was running around in a t shirt, diaper, and barefooted. Hopefully we'll be able to keep this warm weather for a few days.

It's warmer here today, too, but overcast and gloomy! I'll be in east Texas until Friday, then just THREE MORE DAYS to Disney :woohoo: Hopefully, the warm forecast I'm seeing for my Orlando dates will hold up. I hate having to pack for cold weather. I told my friend that this was probably going to be my one and only December trip.

Hey! I'm BACK! My computer is working, so I updated my report and hair journal! So please check them out!

Cya!

I should also have enough vacation time built back up, by mid May. May 9th-17th sure looks tempting. lol

Hi Aubriee! :hug:

Guess what? By coincidence, Adrian :lovestruc and I just booked today for May 10 - May 17! :woohoo: We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge on the "Buy 4 Get 3 Free" Plan, :teacher: and also the Basic Dining Plan. Hope we see you there! :hippie: :goodvibes

Anyone else want to join us? :cool2: ;)

Guess what? By coincidence, Adrian :lovestruc and I just booked today for May 10 - May 17! :woohoo: We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge on the "Buy 4 Get 3 Free" Plan, :teacher: and also the Basic Dining Plan. Hope we see you there! :hippie: :goodvibes

Do you really mean it!!!! My birthday is May 17th:banana: :banana: I could run into the living room and ask my dh is OK for me to go solo to WDW with my dis board friends.:lmao: :rotfl2: So like reallllllly did you mean it???:listen:

Do you really mean it!!!! My birthday is May 17th:banana: :banana: I could run into the living room and ask my dh is OK for me to go solo to WDW with my dis board friends.:lmao: :rotfl2: So like reallllllly did you mean it???:listen:

Sure ... The more, the merrier! :) :goodvibes

Aubriee :hug: What resort are you staying at in May?

Hi Rich! I'm going to miss you guys by one day! I'll be at POFQ, then in Fort Myers on the beach, then OKW, and finally VWL (two week trip from 5/18-6/2). Hope to see you another time :goodvibes (I'm one of the Texans who had breakfast at CP and rode rides at MK with the DIS group in September.)

I do have a Southwest credit to use by mid-May, but I can't remember the exact date, I think it might have been May 17th. Hrm.

Edit: I booked a flight to Orlando for February 1st. Have to book the room tonight when I get home, going to stay at POP 2/1-2/4 - A mini-trip to celebrate my birthday early. The $49/night rate was just too good!

I'm currently at POP Century May 9th-17th. Colette sent me an email a few days ago and it looks like we may become room mates for the week. If so I'll be switching to POFQ for May 13th-20th to room with her. It will depend on her job and when she can get away.

Hey, Jamie, maybe we'll run into you again down there. You'll love Colette! Rich, Kathy, and I met her last December down there. She is just the sweetest lady and so much fun. She's the reason Rich, Kat, and I are going on the cruise in January. We are joining her and a friend of hers.

Please join us! As Rich said, 'the more the merrier'. We met up last Dec and again this past Sept. It was a great group. Everyone just came and went as they pleased, joining some activities and doing their own thing if they wished.

Hey Rich, maybe we can talk Kathy into changing her dates by a week? Hear this Kathy???? Colette found an agent that got a great price at POFQ for May 13th-20th. That's a Wednesday-Wednesday, so you'd miss only one weekend at work.:) Hopefully we'll all still be friendly, after a week holed up together on a ship in January. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter