Glenda's September 2008 WDW Adventure!

Oh, I'm not the boss of you. But it does seem your the boss of everyone else...hmmm...haha.

So, yes, Glenda loves those show tunes.

So I figure if I keep bugging you all you will have to join me just to shut me up:rolleyes1

We are going in Feb, and would love to see you all again.:hug:

Come on....you know you want to

:sad: :sad: :sad:

it must be the weather but I do miss you peeps!!!

So I figure if I keep bugging you all you will have to join me just to shut me up:rolleyes1

We are going in Feb, and would love to see you all again.:hug:

Come on....you know you want to

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.

By: Lou Holtz

10% = code you get from AP or Visa Card or just a code from WDW

90% = doing Disney math... making sure you pick up all the OT you can get... you sell stuff on EBAY while you shop for bargains to bring to your next trip... you compromise with husband/wife/kids about everything till you pay off that code you use from the 10% above..

Time at Disney with Friends and Family and Disers...
= PRICELESS !!!

I'm trying to plan a 11/25/09 to 11/30/09 trip right now, my mom asked me to look into pricing of it. She wants to see Christmas decorations in Disney.

I'd consider going when you are by myself Wirki, but I want to save money for a new car, haha.

Hey all!:goodvibes
I'm having SERIOUS withdrawals here. :sad2:
I am not sure I can wait a whole 11 more months!:sad2:
I keep trying that orbitz thingie to win a trip but so far no luck!:sad2:
I may have to try to sneak a quick trip in before my AP runs out in Feb!
Hope everyone is well! :goodvibes

My car broke down on the way to work this morning. Power steering went out.. going to be $1200 to fix all the issues. I had been saving up to buy a new car by this summer.. yeah, not going to happen now. No Disney for a while.

Life. :sick:

Hope everyone is doing much better than I am and are enjoying your holiday seasons. :) What did everyone do for Halloween?

Hey all!:goodvibes
I'm having SERIOUS withdrawals here. :sad2:
I am not sure I can wait a whole 11 more months!:sad2:
I keep trying that orbitz thingie to win a trip but so far no luck!:sad2:
I may have to try to sneak a quick trip in before my AP runs out in Feb!
Hope everyone is well! :goodvibes

I know what you mean. I usually go to WDW every Sept, Dec, and May and sometimes sneak in a January trip. But with the cruise in January, I'm missing my Dec WDW trip. I let my AP expire the end of September, so my next trip will be a little more expensive than usual. I'm thinking about running numbers, to see how cheap I could do a trip in May for the Flower Festival and Flower Power concerts. Considering trying the new counter service DDP and then maybe do just a couple of TS OOP. Hey, if I get a new AP in May, I won't be out anymore for a park ticket in Sept:rolleyes1 . (I bought just a one day MYW ticket in order to get the bounce back program). I have several one day MYW park tickets left over from previous trips, when AP holders were still required to buy one day tickets in order to get the DDP, so I would have a ticket to upgrade to an AP in May. AP room discounts usually come out for May around Feb, I believe. I should also have enough vacation time built back up, by mid May. May 9th-17th sure looks tempting. lol

The only thing is, my dad has been really sick for the last month or so. He's been in the hospital twice and just got out again yesterday afternoon. He fell, broke his hip, had surgery, was losing alot of blood somewhere, has had seven units of blood in the last six weeks, had a bad UTI they can't seem to get rid of, not eating, got dehydrated (the reason for his second hospitalization), running an almost constant temp, electrolytes totally screwed up, then found out his kidneys are not filtering well, plus his alzheimers is getting alot worse), so I'm kinda hesitant to plan too much.:sad1:

I know what you mean. I usually go to WDW every Sept, Dec, and May and sometimes sneak in a January trip. But with the cruise in January, I'm missing my Dec WDW trip. I let my AP expire the end of September, so my next trip will be a little more expensive than usual. I'm thinking about running numbers, to see how cheap I could do a trip in May for the Flower Festival and Flower Power concerts. Considering trying the new counter service DDP and then maybe do just a couple of TS OOP. Hey, if I get a new AP in May, I won't be out anymore for a park ticket in Sept:rolleyes1 . (I bought just a one day MYW ticket in order to get the bounce back program). I have several one day MYW park tickets left over from previous trips, when AP holders were still required to buy one day tickets in order to get the DDP, so I would have a ticket to upgrade to an AP in May. AP room discounts usually come out for May around Feb, I believe. I should also have enough vacation time built back up, by mid May. May 9th-17th sure looks tempting. lol

The only thing is, my dad has been really sick for the last month or so. He's been in the hospital twice and just got out again yesterday afternoon. He fell, broke his hip, had surgery, was losing alot of blood somewhere, has had seven units of blood in the last six weeks, had a bad UTI they can't seem to get rid of, not eating, got dehydrated (the reason for his second hospitalization), running an almost constant temp, electrolytes totally screwed up, then found out his kidneys are not filtering well, plus his alzheimers is getting alot worse), so I'm kinda hesitant to plan too much.:sad1:

Sorry to hear about your Dad Vanessa.:hug: I hope he is on the mend soon!

Sorry to hear about your Dad Vanessa.:hug: I hope he is on the mend soon!

Thanks Kathy! He's back in the nursing home and they are supposed to start physical and speech therapy today. Although I'm not sure how much good speech therapy is going to do him. He seldom speaks, but his speech is clear when he does. They seem to think the speech therapy will help his swallowing though. The funny thing is, sometimes he eats fine, but then by the next meal it seems he just forgets how to swallow.:confused3 Thankfully, he doesn't seem to know what's going on. He doesn't know us, where he is, or even that he broke his hip. He is so confused. He does not seem to feel any pain, and even walked around the morning he broke his hip. Due to all the new laws regarding restraints, the nursing home is no longer allowed to restrain patients even for their own safety, so we are afraid that if he gets agitated he might decide to get up, in which case he would of course fall again. The nursing home is wanting to put him on hospice, but we're undecided. My mom is having a rough time dealing with everything right now. Alzheimers is a terrible, terrible disease!

Uh Oh! did you guys see this? I can't do anything, until my dad is better, but I think I may be able to keep my countdown ticker for the Flower Festival. This would probably be a better deal than an AP room discount.

this was over on the codes/rates thread wanted to pass it along
"Ok this is what I just got from a very reliable source!

Stay 4 nights and get 3 nights free at Walt Disney World plus a $200 Gift Card!!

This isn't official yet - but we hear this will be released at 5:00 pm tomorrow and we don't want you to miss out! Here is what we've heard:

Book your trip beginning at 5 pm on Thursday, November 6, 2008. How big is this discount? It's the biggest discount run by Disney Parks since 2001!

For every 4 nights - you get 3 nights free!
For every 4 days of tickets - you get 3 days free!
If you book your trip between January 4th and March 29th, you also receive a $200 Disney Gift Card to spend!

*****Book between November 6th and December 20th!*****
Travel between January 4th and June 27th!
Travel between January 4th and March 29th to include the Disney Gift Card.
Travel between March 29th and June 27th to include the discount, but not the Disney Gift Card.

well i guess we will see tommorrow if this is true....

Uh Oh! did you guys see this? I can't do anything, until my dad is better, but I think I may be able to keep my countdown ticker for the Flower Festival. This would probably be a better deal than an AP room discount.

Thanks that's one to really keep a close eye on.:goodvibes

Hey Aubriee, I just came over here to post that rumor too! I know Wirki is already going in February so hopefully she can apply those rates!

Well, I don't know if I'm going to keep it, but I went ahead and booked the new pay for four days, get three days free offer for May 9th-17th. When I called, the CM told me I had to buy MYW tickets for the length of stay, but I had read on the Resorts Codes board that if you booked online you only had to buy a one day base ticket, so that's what I did. Hopefully an AP discount will come out around February. If so, it should be a better deal and I'll cancel the pkg I've got.:cool1:

I'd rather book an AP room only deal until I see how things go here at home.

if you booked online you only had to buy a one day base ticket, so that's what I did. Hopefully an AP discount will come out around February. If so, it should be a better deal and I'll cancel the pkg I've got.:cool1:

I'd rather book an AP room only deal until I see how things go here at home.

Note that the "Free Nights" Package Offer might be a better deal for you than the Annual Passholder rates if you plan to stay 7 nights. The "free nights" package can be booked with 1-Day Base Tickets. You will not get extra days on the tickets if you do this, but you'll get the free nights. Here's an example of how an Annual Passholder might do better with the "free nights" package:

1/5/09-1/12/09, 2 adults, Wilderness Lodge Courtyard View, "free nights" package with 1-Day Base Ticket per person and $200 gift card, $1,579.56

1/5/09-1/12/09, 2 adults, Wilderness Lodge Courtyard View, Annual Passholder room only rate, $1488.00

So in this example, with the "free nights" package you are paying $91.56 more, but you are getting a $200 Disney Gift Card and a 1-Day Base Ticket per person that you can use later (valued at $79.88 per adult). I also tried this with a Moderate resort, Standard room, same dates, 7-night stay and it worked out similarly. Dining can be added to either package and will cost the same either way, so it doesn't affect these results.

ANTTTTTS take me with you!!!! You lucky thing! SSR in 3 days!
I booked May 1st -9th w/ buy 4 get 3 thing. not sure if I will keep it but at least I have it!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter