Gay-friendly Thread!

Thank you everyone for the greetings. Just to clarify something... It's Kevin & Randall. SeattleRedBear is Steve & Rick.

Anyway, we have been in Central Florida for about 15 years, (we've been together for 13 years). We thought we were Disney experts until we discovered the disboards. We enjoy spending time at Disney and Disney certinally enjoys us spending our money in the various bars -- especially the pub at UK. (Hi Pam! :wave: )

We'd be happy to answer questions about the area. It would be fun to meet up with folks as they visit.

Viki, the Trails End serves the same food as the Hoop Dee Doo. Give me enough beer and I perform my own floor show! :rotfl:

Randall

:earsboy:

Kevin&Randall said:
We'd be happy to answer questions about the area. It would be fun to meet up with folks as they visit.

Viki, the Trails End serves the same food as the Hoop Dee Doo. Give me enough beer and I perform my own floor show! :rotfl:

Randall

OK, we'll have to catch that one!!!

:rotfl2:

Sorry about the name confusion. We'll do better. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Viki said:
Hi steve&randall, isn't it the truth? All of our best friend couples are really one word, "danny&john," "bob&neil," and exactly in that order, never the reverse; that would have to be another couple.:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

:rotfl2:
Oh my god, that is sooo funny! Round here we're 'genandval' one word-one bizarro alien like entity.

RickinNYC said:
Hey there! Welcome to the board! And welcome to lovesmickey and steveandrandall as well!

As for getting on Joe's case (Billy is the dog not the partner!) about his ice cream eating habits, I just gotta. It's one of those "things" I have with eating. Grosses me out. There's a list of things somewhere around here (looks under a pile of papers).
Your dog eats ice cream!! Now THAT'S disgusting.

SeattleRedBear said:
Your dog eats ice cream!! Now THAT'S disgusting.

:rotfl:

No no no!!! Joe eats ice cream in a way that grosses me out. BILL is the dog and he does NOT get icecream at all!

RickinNYC said:
:rotfl:

No no no!!! Joe eats ice cream in a way that grosses me out. BILL is the dog and he does NOT get icecream at all!

Oh. Well, that's very different. Never mind.

RickinNYC said:
Let me clarify that it's Joe's mission to eat ice cream AND when he's eating it, he always takes a big scoop and puts it in his mouth, scrapes some off and leaves the rest on his spoon. Which, in my humble opinion, is incredibly disgusting. But it's a great deterrent from my ever asking if I can have some.

Yuck.

Oh my God. I eat ice cream the exact same way. :confused3

Hi,

Myself and my partner Rick are sailing on the Disney Magic October 29th - November 5th then heading over to the parks. Just wondering is anyone else will be there at that time. The actual dates are November 5th - 8th (4 nights).

Looks like were just missing RickinNYC.

Cheers,
Tom

PS. Why can't we have a gay DIS Board???

TomTO said:
PS. Why can't we have a gay DIS Board???

Oh my gosh, I would live there.

But what would we talk about? Gay stuff all day long? Make sure everyone had received their latest updates to the Gay Agenda? Offer tips on renewing your Gay License? (I almost had mine revoked yesterday when I mentioned I'd never seen Steel Magnolias or Beaches, though I was let off with a warning once I demonstrated that I had RENT memorized.)

-p.b.

RickinNYC said:
Emily Litella, is that you?
Yes, Mickey, this is Emily Litella. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you but, my goodness, they don't even have ESL up here and, you know, the more time goes by, the harder it is to contact the living.

What's all this fuss I hear about gay onions? Honestly, I don't even know how you would tell the difference. Do they really need to pass a constitutional amendment against gay onions? They don't seem like much of a problem to me. Mostly I just chop them up and mix them in with meatloaf or spaghetti sauce or just about anything. I've never noticed whether there was any problem with gay onions. They all taste the same to me. If we ban gay onions, what's next? Gay cucumbers? Gay watermelons?

And another thing...I'm very puzzled about that man you elected president. Ever since he was elected, he keeps talking about his man date. Well now, you'd think that that's the kind of thing that he wouldn't want people to know about, yet he talks about it every time I hear him and he seems to be very proud of it. How can he be against same-sex relationships and then date a man? What does Laura think of this relationship and does she actually approve of his dating a man? Also I have not heard any denouncements by the Christian right when he announced that he had a man date. Where are Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell now?

All I can think of is that someone was going to leak something about him and he decided to be up front about it. Just like what they did to that poor Mr. Nixon. But you know, I never understood why everyone got so upset about buglers at the Watergate Hotel. I can understand why people at the hotel were upset. After all, a bugle is a very loud instrument and I'm sure they woke up a lot of people, but to throw out a president just because he paid for some musicians to play at a hotel...it just doesn't make any sense. You know, I think it was the same people who were against violins on television. Now why don't parents want their children to see violins on television? Why, I thought the Leonard Bernstein concerts were just lovely. Now, if they only show the violins after 11:00 at night, the little babies will all be asleep. And they won't learn any music appreciation! Why, they'll end up wanting to play guitar, and bongo drums. And go to Africa and join these rock and roll outfits. And they won't drink milk! I say there should be more violins on television!

Really, what's going on down there? The longer I'm gone the less sense it makes. But thanks for thinking of me Nicky. The only thing I miss is the toast.

I don't know how in the WORLD I am suppossed to follow the post above, but I'll try.

On the subject of the gay-bashing incident at the Phillies game, in the over two weeks since I mailed the general manager a letter I have received no reply, so today I wrote a letter to the managing partner and copied him the orginal letter, while also copying today's letter to the nonresponsive general manager. With all of this copying you'd think someone ought to respond. I'll let you know!

On a lighter note, I believe I have planned every plannable moment of our upcoming WDW trip and that leaves me a bit depressed! Still, next Sunday morning, I'll be on the phone seeing if I can book all the right ADs.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

SeattleRedBear said:
Yes, Mickey, this is Emily Litella. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you but, my goodness, they don't even have ESL up here and, you know, the more time goes by, the harder it is to contact the living.

What's all this fuss I hear about gay onions? Honestly, I don't even know how you would tell the difference. Do they really need to pass a constitutional amendment against gay onions? They don't seem like much of a problem to me. Mostly I just chop them up and mix them in with meatloaf or spaghetti sauce or just about anything. I've never noticed whether there was any problem with gay onions. They all taste the same to me. If we ban gay onions, what's next? Gay cucumbers? Gay watermelons?

And another thing...I'm very puzzled about that man you elected president. Ever since he was elected, he keeps talking about his man date. Well now, you'd think that that's the kind of thing that he wouldn't want people to know about, yet he talks about it every time I hear him and he seems to be very proud of it. How can he be against same-sex relationships and then date a man? What does Laura think of this relationship and does she actually approve of his dating a man? Also I have not heard any denouncements by the Christian right when he announced that he had a man date. Where are Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell now?

All I can think of is that someone was going to leak something about him and he decided to be up front about it. Just like what they did to that poor Mr. Nixon. But you know, I never understood why everyone got so upset about buglers at the Watergate Hotel. I can understand why people at the hotel were upset. After all, a bugle is a very loud instrument and I'm sure they woke up a lot of people, but to throw out a president just because he paid for some musicians to play at a hotel...it just doesn't make any sense. You know, I think it was the same people who were against violins on television. Now why don't parents want their children to see violins on television? Why, I thought the Leonard Bernstein concerts were just lovely. Now, if they only show the violins after 11:00 at night, the little babies will all be asleep. And they won't learn any music appreciation! Why, they'll end up wanting to play guitar, and bongo drums. And go to Africa and join these rock and roll outfits. And they won't drink milk! I say there should be more violins on television!

Really, what's going on down there? The longer I'm gone the less sense it makes. But thanks for thinking of me Nicky. The only thing I miss is the toast.

God, I miss Gilda. Thanks for that. Maggie

First of all Thanks for the Welcome's!

RickinNYC - Congrats on your 15 years! That's great! We will be arriving at WDW on October 15th and leaving on the 28th.

Viki - This trip will is only our second trip to WDW. We are so excited to be returning. This is the plans:
1st day, We arrive at 1:50
Going to the Magic Kingdom - Dinner anywhere - EMH's
2nd day, Typhon Lagoon - relaxing in the sun playing in the water
Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK for Dinner and then Trick or Treating at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!
3rd Day, Princess Storybook Breakfast - and the day at EPCOT
Dinner at LeCellier - Special Anniversary Cake.
4th Day, DTD - Disney Quest - Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
5th day, Breakfast at Chef Mickeys - MGM Studios - Fantasmic Pkg at Hollywood & Vine
6th Day, Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast - Day at the Magic Kingdom
7th Day, Donalds Breakfastosurs - Day at Animal Kingdom
8th Day, Crystal Palace for breakfast - Day at the Magic Kingdom
9th Day, Food & Wine fest at EPCOT - Marrakesh for Dinner
10th Day, DTD for shopping or maybe MK for a Casey's hot dog before going home.

We are planning on our early breakfasts, enjoying the parks, maybe back to the resort for an afternoon rest or a swim or our favorite pastime DTD to shop and then back to the parks for the evenings.

With it only being our second trip we want to do everything we did the last trip and more (not sure how we will do that). I had forgot about the carriage rides so now I am going to have to see if I can book us one of those.

One last thing - like everyone else we morphed into one many years ago and, our dog LOVES Ice Cream. She is a regular at the DQ drive up window! ::MickeyMo

Took me a while to find this thread, but it's been a great read. Except for the part about the the incident that Viki had at the Phillies game. City of Brotherly Love...right. I am sorry that this happened to you. Unfortunately, there are jerks everywhere, luckily, larger cities usually help lower your chances of finding them. We live in Atlanta, the city too busy to hate, but tell that to the folks that were at the Otherside the night that Eric Robert Rudolf set a bomb off in the bar. Luckily, my partner at the time and I decided not to go out that night, otherwise, we would have been there. I felt so sorry for anyone that was there that night. The one thing that circulated through my mind the entire evening that I first went to a lesbian bar was that, OMG, please don't let someone throw a bomb in here....I would have to tell my Dad about this at the worst possible time, if they did. Luckily, I was blessed to be able to tell my Dad on my own terms. I love my Dad. I always wondered if there was anyone forced "out" that night. I prayed for all of them.

Anyway, a few other random thoughts......

If we have a separate board on the DIS, I propose that it be called the Rainbow Connection board. Can you tell that I love the Muppets? I think it might be neat.

I once ran into a parent from one of the families in our pediatric office at a restaurant and had she asked me if Gabby was my husband, my son, my friend......it was awkward since I know that she is a Bible thumper.....I told her that Gabby was my roommate. I don't mind telling most folks the truth, but I also have a pretty good sense of who I need to bend the truth for also. I have grey hair and am 37 years old, she is 31 and has a baby face. Needless to say, neither of us appreciates the confusion, but what are ya' gonna do? At least it's better than the neighbor next door. Mr. Massey, who is in his late 70's, was actually the owner of the house that we bought this year. He thought for months after the sale that Gabby was a boy. She may not be blessed with large breasts, but she certainly doesn't look like a boy. Another neighbor of ours clued him in because we just didn't have the heart to tell him.

One day, I would love to see an off season gay/lesbian couples meet.....maybe even a cruise. Gabby and I have been together for 6 years now. We do not feel the need to have major PDA, yes, we hold hands and occasionally steal a quick peck kiss, but it's discreet. We are not out to wave the rainbow flag or educate anyone either, we just want to be. We love WDW. We love to see our inner children come out to play. It's what lures us back to WDW again and again. We are not big partiers or drinkers. Gabby gets goofy after one Smirnoff Twisted, so needless to say, she is a cheap date. lol I appreciate the info on PI's Thursday night ratio....we might need to update our itinerary.....again.

We know that this trip will most likely be our last for quite awhile. The house needs some TLC, so the mouse is going to need to wait for a few years. That thought makes every moment of our upcoming trip even more precious. We wouldn't be going to WDW this year, except that Gabby's family lives in FL and she wants one last family trip with her mom and her sisters. My mother outlaw's health is not all that great, so we need to make all the good memories happen while we can. So, I am working my buns off to make it happen. I would do anything to make her happy.

I guess that's all that I can input here, but if anyone see's us with our lime green Mickey Heads, please say hello! Maggie

140293.jpg

Maggie, Pluto, & Gabby at the Ice Cream Social in 2002​

Hi, I just found this thread, for the first time a DIS meet is starting to sound good to me. :p

If we have a separate board on the DIS, I propose that it be called the Rainbow Connection board. Can you tell that I love the Muppets? I think it might be neat.

That's a great idea!

Hi everyone! I am back home.. I had a GREAT trip and I see you all have been oh so busy while I have been gone!! Welcome to all the new folks!!

I have to admit that I was quite fearful in my beginning DIS days of mentioning the "gay" aspect of me here on the boards.. but it seems that this thread has been sort of a second "coming out" for all of us here on the DIS!! LOL!! Nice to meet everyone... and I hope we can get to know each other very well... I like having a place to fit in.. since there are many other threads where i just don't feel really comfortable... I think the idea of a gay dis thread would be a fabulous idea..perhaps we should bring it up to the mods??

Anyway.. back to my trip... I went solo... and had a fabulous time. My first time staying as a DVC member.. and wow it was great!!! I stayed at the Beach Club Villas and all I can say is WOW!! I also stayed at Universal - Hard Rock one weekend and then Portofino the second Weekend.. with disney in the middle. The Portofino is absolutely Beautiful!!

I did many first time things.. even though I thought I had done it all!! My most exciting moment was finding my first Paint Brush on Tom Sawyer's Island!! I can't believe I did it.. but I didn't take it.. i conveniently guided a little girl to it so that she could "find" it herself!! She was so excited as she had been dogging my footsteps in the hopes that I would lead her to it! LOL!! What a great moment!

It was VERY HOT.. but manageable... I did the parks in the morning, pools in the afternoons and then back to the parks at night. I did EMH evening at Magic Kingdom and reports are partially correct. They are crowded... for the first hour.. but if you can stick it out.. or just show up after the first hour.. I ate during the first hour and just did the not so popular stuff first... then after that first hour the crowds started dispersing and the park was lots of fun at night... the EMH in the morning at Magic Kingdom is still the absolute BEST TIME to hit the Magic Kingdom... I had done all of Fantasy Land, TomorrowLand, Tom Sawyer's Island, all the mountains, and the teacups.. all by 11 am... what a morning!!

Oh.. the one thing I did notice was that with this Free Dining thing (which i did not partake in.. AP & DVC.. so not eligible).. All of the restaurants in the Magic Kingdom were PACKED on the EMH nights.. and pretty darn crowded most nights in general... there were many people wandering around with the little sheets telling them where they could eat and they were getting frustrated that they couldn't just walk up and sit down and eat... So.. us DIS'ers have the upper hand cause we know to make our PS's. or AR's!! LOL! But, I have to say it pretty much sucks for the poor people who have NO clue that they need to make the AR's early in the day or days before... I found myself helping many folks to find their way out of the parks and to other eating establishments nearby... Forwarned.... is what is that saying???

Oh.. I also made it a point to do Photopass... everywhere I went if I saw a photographer I handed over my card and took my pose! LOL!! I like most of the pics... although I also had some of them use my camera also.. so i do have some free good shots... I will buy some.. just have to choose my favorites!... this is a great idea.. and especially good for solo's or for those of you wanting pics together!

I did not make it to PI on thursday night though! Sorry VICKI!! I don't remember why at this moment.. but I am sure it will come to me!! LOL!!

I will report more.. later.. I just wanted to take a moment to say HI! feel free to ask questions!!

Kathy

Hey Maggie and Gabbie (and Pluto!), great to meet you! Thanks for hunting this thread down and checking in. I'm only sorry your upcoming trip will be your last for awhile!

But about that upcoming trip, will our dates overlap? We're there from 12/3-12/11. It would be great to meet up.

(My partner, Gwen, gets mistaken for a boy/guy ALL the time. She smirks, I smile).

And, oh my goodness, I just noticed. Gabbie has Gwen's hat on!!!

bubie2.5 said:
Hi, I just found this thread, for the first time a DIS meet is starting to sound good to me. :p

LOL! My thoughts exactly! Welcome home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter