Gay-friendly Thread!

Viki

<font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f
My partner and I are going to be hosting gay male friends on their first WDW vacation in December. I've read in various guide books that Mannequins on Thursday nights tends to be gay-friendly. Does anyone know if that's still true? :dancer:

Mannequins on Thursday nights is still the place to be. 8Traxx (70's & 80's music) should be fairly gay too. The Adventurer's Club will also have a bit of a gay crowd too. On Monday nights, Mannequins gets fairly gay too. Not as crowded as on Thursdays but still a pretty decent crowd.

Thanks for responding! I though for awhile no one was going to touch this post with a ten-foot pole!!!

Armed with that information, we'll contintue our plans to visit both the Adv's club and Mannequins on the Thursday night of our trip.

I've not been to any of those places on a Thursday night recently, but I've also always heard that Thursday night is the night. If not, what I always tell my friends is, "With us there, we'll make it gay night."

Viki-

I had also heard Thursdays were the most gay-friendly nights at PI. On my last trip this June, I did not see a significant change in crowds. It may be hit or miss.

Thanks all! I heard from "you all" and a couple of folk back-channel that Thursday night does tend to be "the" night, so we're looking forward to it. Our kids have just turned 16 and 17 so we have a bit more freedom these days to make some adult disney choices and we know our friends will have fun.

I believe Thurdsay night is also Cast Member night. CM get in free, so it can tend to be more crowded that night.

From what I remember of the days when I frequented such places, many, many, many moons ago :teeth: , crowded is good, right??? :)

In any event, we won't stay long. We'll hop into Mannequins while the teens spend lots of money at Virgin Records, catch the light show, wiggle our bottoms, pretend we're all 20 years younger, and call it a night!

Ha Ha Viki! Yes crowded is good! I found the most fun to be had (unsuspectingly!) was at 8Trax. I would describe it as the Pop Century of PI, with amusing but garish decor and retro soundtrack. I would def, recommend dropping in in addition to Mannequin.

Not only does Cast night bring out a much younger crowd to PI, the gay ratio does go way up. It's tons of fun!!

joanjett1976 said:
I would def, recommend dropping in in addition to Mannequin.

Oh, my! Now we're up ALL Night! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Viki said:
Oh, my! Now we're up ALL Night! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Might as well since you're pretending to be 20 years younger. :teeth: I'd definately hit all three forementioned places. they will all be fun and all be gay friendly.

Hmmm, I wonder if there's a correlation to cast member free nights and the gay ration going up. ;)

I second the recommendation. First of all, PI is generally always gay friendly, but more so Mondays (a little) and Thursdays (a lot.) Mannequins especially. And since Thursdays is CM night, the demographic skews towards the young and attractive. :)

But you'll see all ages, shapes, types there, so come on in. (I'm straight and still have a blast.)

Now, if your friends want to come back in June... :earseek:

LeftCoaster said:
Hmmm, I wonder if there's a correlation to cast member free nights and the gay ration going up. ;)

Finally, someone said EXACTLY what I've been thinking!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cityofweasels said:
Now, if your friends want to come back in June... :earseek:

First, thank goodness for the occasional lapse of tact!

Second, per the above, THAT's a big part of the issue here. One of my friends, the snootier one of the two (gottta love him), has sworn forever that he would NEVER set foot in WDW and even I finally capituatled, promising never to invite (arm twist) him again and, of course, as soon as I surrender, he and his partner aske when we're going!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

So we're going for the holidays, but NOW he swears this is his ONE and ONLY trip EVER. Well, that may or may not be the case, but either way I have to make this ONE trip perfect now, don't I (in case he NEVER comes back, or so he WILL!)?

So...my partner and children want to know when they are getting me back (perhaps I'm being a little obsessive??? :rotfl2: ), and I say Dec. 14th. :goodvibes

Since we're talking about all things gay, has anyone ever been there for Gay Days? I went in 1998, and I had a good time. My friend and I are talking about going back to WDW at that time in 2007. (Yes, I plan my vacations way in advance; 2006 is already set in stone.)

We've actually hit a couple of Gay Days on our vacations, it just happened to coordinate. Since we're a straight couple with kids, we didn't get a whole lot out of it, :goodvibes but from our perspective it was just another typical day at Disney.

Except of course for the assorted evangelicals with the 'you're going to hell if you're gay' shirts on. Thank God our kids are too young to read. And by this I don't mean I don't want to explain 'gay' to them, I just don't want to explain evangelicals to them...(now kids, there are people out there who we refer to as 'holier than thou')

Most of the festivities for Gay Day were concentrated in MK, we avoided that park that day because we knew it was going to be seriously crowded.

Disneyrsh said:
I just don't want to explain evangelicals to them...(now kids, there are people out there who we refer to as 'holier than thou')
LOL!!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

God, I loved this, especially today, after being gay-bashed at a Phillies game last night. My partner and I were walking arm in arm in the parking lot when 5 grown men took offense and smashed me with a water bottle. One of them fired on me, one of them cried out, "great shot," and they all got a great big kick of it. Lovely. A security guard standing near by just smirked. And this after my denomination this week decided to keep preventing lesbian and gay folk from being ordained.

Thank you for the smile!!!

Viki said:
Disneyrsh said:
I just don't want to explain evangelicals to them...(now kids, there are people out there who we refer to as 'holier than thou')
LOL!!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

God, I loved this, especially today, after being gay-bashed at a Phillies game last night. My partner and I were walking arm in arm in the parking lot when 5 grown men took offense and smashed me with a water bottle. One of them fired on me, one of them cried out, "great shot," and they all got a great big kick of it. Lovely. A security guard standing near by just smirked. And this after my denomination this week decided to keep preventing lesbian and gay folk from being ordained.

Thank you for the smile!!!

And to think that there are some morons out there, and unfortunately on this board, who think homophobia and violent behavior against gay people is a thing of the past.

Viki, I'm sorry that someone did something so heinous to you. That guy, and people like him, make me sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter