Gay-friendly Thread!

Wow, a guy leaves for a week and misses tons of posts!

Hope you all had a great holiday and New Year! We did the family thing, then stayed in for New Year's Eve, watching a Kolchak marathon and eating good bad food.

So what's everyone's new year's resolutions? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry been off so long....you know holidays...and then I've been sick the last week. Think I am finally getting a little better so it's off to work.

Looks like I have a LOT of reading to catch up on here! lol

Hope everyone's well! And my resolution is to quit smoking...DP already quit 3 weeks ago! Yayyy for her!!! :flower: Anyone else? Bueller....Bueller.....Bueller......:rotfl:

Only 56 days 'til we go back Home!

Just wanted to pop in to say "hi" -- need a little ::MickeyMo Magic to get through the winter :cold: and came across this board/thread. :goodvibes

We became DVC members Sep 2005 (BWV) and promptly used our points for a honeymoon cruise next year (10/06), so its back to the Pop Century for this year!

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know folks here.:wave:

Ali

Welcome Beth and Ali :wave2:

Hope everyone is having a good 2006 so far. I had to go back to work today, and am just not in the mood for it. I really need another trip to WDW to plan!

Resolutions for me - exercise and eat healthier (I'm a pizza junkie)

Linda's hopefully will be to quit smoking!

Hi All!

It is cold, raining, and we had a little snow here in Jersey today! YUK!

I really am in the mood to plan my next trip down to WDW. Does anyone know if they still do the Easter Parade at the Magic Kingdom, or if there is anything done up for Easter?

Thanks for your help!

Hazy :earsboy:

Well I missed the meet at Rose and Crown today, had to go to court. Long story, but the cliff note version is messy divorce and we are the gay uncles who keep getting hauled in for character statements. Funny, cant adopt in this state, but we can testify as "Character Witnesses". Oh well!

As far as the question on the Easter Parade, Disney no longer runs it, but they do decorate a little.

Hazy - Sorry the weather sucks right now for you. We actually got rain all day on Monday here in the Desert (Palm Springs) but it's back to normal now with bright sunshine and about 75. Hope everyones New Year is starting off with a bang! We leave this Saturday for the 7 day Cruise on the Magic. It should be a blast.
Scott

Thanks for the info Mike. I loved it when they showed the Easter Parade on TV. It is too bad they don't still do the parade in the Magic Kingdom.

Sure Scott....rub in the nice weather you have!! LOL!!! You are going to have a blast on the Magic! I love sailing in the Disney ships. I am really looking forward to my next cruise! Take LOTS of pictures and post some, ok?

Hazy

Hi everyone, we're back in Chicago after 4 nights in WDW. We turned up at the Rose and Crown, yesterday, the 3rd, and kept our eyes peeled. Did anyone else show up?

The first day was rather hectic. We had a 7:20 AM flight from Chicago Midway which meant we had to get up at 3:00 AM. We arrived early at the Beach Club Villas. Our first stay there. We prefer the seclusion of our home resport, the Wilderness Lodge Villas, but really liked for this trip being so centrally located. We go a room right away, at about 12:30 and so started a bit of running around. Over to Epcot to get our annual passes and then clear across the part to the main gate to pick up our Disney Dining Experience cards. Epcot was a zoo! We were glad to get our business taken care of and escape.

We had a nice New Year's Eve down there. We had a great dinner at Boma, then returned to the Beach Club Villas and walked over to the Boardwalk, to watch fireworks from both Epcot and MGM. Then back to our studio and champagne on the balcony. It was all in all a nice relaxing trip.

Well, this is it for us ... no WDW trips until next December when we and a friend take a DCL cruise followed by 6 nights in WDW.

iankh said:
. It was all in all a nice relaxing trip.

Well, this is it for us ... no WDW trips until next December when we and a friend take a DCL cruise followed by 6 nights in WDW.

Sounds like a great time! I am getting so jealous---39 days still feels like forever!!! :) LOL

I was there... I didn't see anyone! I figured you all would recognize me since I had put my pic up here! Oh Well.... Maybe next time! I was the one standing at one of the tables in the bar writing out postcards! LOL!! I waited till almost 6pm.... but then moved on since it seemed noone was showing! Glad you had a good time! I am still here.. last night at SSR... moving over to the Boardwalk for the weekend! It is getting COOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD Down here.. I just opened my patio door and Brrrrrrr.... Well.. Off to get my coaster fix.. I am headed over to Universal for th emorning... Catch you all later!

Kathy

Valentine said:
I was there... I didn't see anyone! I figured you all would recognize me since I had put my pic up here! Oh Well.... Maybe next time! I was the one standing at one of the tables in the bar writing out postcards! LOL!! I waited till almost 6pm.... but then moved on since it seemed noone was showing! Glad you had a good time! I am still here.. last night at SSR... moving over to the Boardwalk for the weekend! It is getting COOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD Down here.. I just opened my patio door and Brrrrrrr.... Well.. Off to get my coaster fix.. I am headed over to Universal for th emorning... Catch you all later!

Kathy

I've only seen the current picture in your signature.

We were probably standing right next to each other. We were waiting near the restaurant. Well, then, next time.

Hey, guys, I wanted you all to know that we've started a new board here on the Disboards called Gay and Lesbian at Disney. Please come visit.

Viki said:
Hey, guys, I wanted you all to know that we've started a new board here on the Disboards called Gay and Lesbian at Disney. Please come visit.

She forgot one little detail, though- guess who the mods are?

Your very own Viki along with RickinNYC!!! :cool1: :flower:

Hi all! Rick and I decided to move this thread to our new home where we hope it will be maintained and cherished as we also blossom out and do some new things.

What I can't believe is that I actually figured out how to get the move done. Big Sigh! Especially given that I'm still on my loaner -a PC when I've always been a MAC girl.

In any event, with Pete, the other mods, Rick, and all of you I have high hopes for how we can expand the awesome community that sprung up and was nurtured by this thread.

Please keep it coming.

Well, here I am! Back at work, 24 hours after leaving the world!

I apologize for my pre-trip absence from the boards. I played nurse for a few days: we had our patient up and going for four Tower Of Terror trips in less than 2 days!

Many sorries for not making the meet at Rose & Crown. :guilty:

I'll put up a trip report with pics over the weekend!

See you all on the new board!

Hi gang! I'm still here in WDW - heading home tomorrow. Great to see that we have our own board!! It's been a busy trip with my mom and 2 nieces but everyone has had fun. Kathy - I didn't have much time to check in but we could have done dueling live reports, me from OKW and you from SSR.

Hey all... Great news about the board!! I was hoping that would happen!! I am still here in Disney.. moving over to the Boardwalk this afternoon. Sorry we all missed each other! I was so excited when I had to move my trip to the first week in Jan since so many of us were going to be there.. but... as they say.. there is always a next time! :)

Gen.. I had your dvd's with me! LOL!! I will have to mail them to you now..Glad to hear Val is much better and was able to TOT so much!

Vik & Rick.. congrats on the Mod duties!!!

Iankh..I can't believe we didn't radar each other! LOL!! Yes.. I was standing near the restaurant also... inside the bar... right near the serving area! Glad you had a good time!

Saxton.. yes.. that would have been fun... except I didnt' do as much surfing as i thought I would... Oh.. well.. guess I will have to do a real trip report now.. and I have to catch up on Vik's report.. IF she has continued it!! LOL!!

Well.. i am off... have a great weekend everyone!!

kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter