Friends Think Disney Too Childish

Oh yes. I can relate. People have looked at us weird when we tell them we're spending our 25th at WDW. How romantic is that? VERY, I say, we spent part of our honeymoon there, for one thing, all those years ago, so what better place to go back to?

We're planning on some alone adult time, but also time to act like kids ourselves, with no one yelling "Mom, can we do this, can we go here?" Not that that isn't fun also, but this will be our special time.

I can't wait!! :sunny:

Heck, I am going twice in a 10 week period of time. People at work think I am nuts, because to them 5 days would be enough and 18 days/ 16 nights overall is over kill.

If it truly bothers you that people don't understand why you love it, just say you're going to Orlando. I travel to Florida for business frequently and probably pop into the parks a dozen times a year in addition to our 2-3 DVC stays. I'm glad that not everyone "gets it". If they did, the crowds would be horrendous! I am sorry for anyone in a relationship with a person who doesn't enjoy Disney. It's a continuing joy in our marriage.

If they think that going to WDW is too childish, I wonder what they would think about a 31 year old guy going solo and doing character meals.

WDW one of the only places that allows a 31 year old to act 10 years old again.

I say "WHo cares what THEY think"? :confused3

If you enjoy going to WDW you are not alone! ::yes::

B-T-W, Jason Good for You!!!. :cool1:

I am considering a solo trip also and am hoping to celebrate my "50th" birthday in a place that I love. :cheer2:

It is one place in the world where I think it would be pretty safe going solo.

This is how I feel about my upcoming trip with DD (24) and DS (13):
:banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :cloud9: :cool1: :cheer2: :banana:
:jumping1:

iluvwesties (AKA Carol ) :wave:

DH is giving me what I wanted the most; a trip to Disney World, just the two of us, for our anniversary. :bride: :groom: To most people, I simply say "we're going to Florida for our anniversary". People who know me very well know we're going to Disney World :) :earboy2:

I don't believe going to Disney is an age thing. It's more about the feeling. I have never been disappointed whether at the parks or on a Disney cruise.It's not about explaining the Magic it's about feeling it. You either do or don't. Aren't we lucky :flower1:

Hello

We have been going to Disney for years
Before we were married (*this year 21 years) and my two kids since they were infants.
People who are ignorant or who have never been or don't enjoy things
(that's my catagories I place them in)
Don't realize, they only see the "commericals" with goofy/pooh"
I was in the travel industry for over 10 years and boy do I miss those discounts-anway...lol!
Like everyone else here it's just Mickey it's all the exploring, the resteraunts, the places outside of Disney we venture to, everything.
Over the years people always said "again, what again? That's for kids, and when I sat and explained to them what we do, go to the hotels, check them out, go to different resteraunts on each trip,etc etc and the babysitting clubs and such they say "I never new this" well over the year we have gotten 4 other families to enjoy* Disney, too bad they couldn't reward us with a VIP card, hugh?!!LOL!
When they came back after their first time (especially a family who never went on a family* trip they only went themselves and left the kids with the grandparents, they now go every fall-how about that one!!!
Nice to be able to share the fun!!!;-)
People in general who don't travel or do things usually are in that rut
who just think it's the Magic Kingdom, my parents (who are in their 70's) thought that too, their last time was in the 1970's when they brought my baby brother with them- my parents said why Disney again??? I said you come with us on our next trip, well, my dad is 77 and my mom is 73 and guess what?? My dad's favorite ride is SMALL WORLD, we bought him everything we can find SMALL WORLD and my mom loves WINNIE POO, same with her!!!!!
They said MY GOD there's sooo much to do!!!! I said we told you!!!!
Now they go on trips by themselves that I book and set up different tours for them and priority seating and the love it, they got the same slack from their senior friends at work, btw they still work-I think that's great for someone that age!!!
We will be there next week, my parents are already down there and the call we got last night is they were going to DTD today to have a hotfudge sundae at Ghardelli's my FAVORITE ice cream place!
We have also had comments over the years, "why are you bringing infants there" WHY NOT?! Are we supposed to wait until the kids are 18 to enjoy life?NOT!!! :cheer2:
My kids grew up* going to Disney, now they have DisneyQuest instead of the babysitting while we can have our romantic dinner(s) together and my son will be attending college in FL in a couple years and is planning to live in our house we bought in Celebration, talk about being really Disneyized*!!!!!
They love FL and so do we! :sunny:
Some people really believe a child has to be a certain age-to remember their trip, because some people feel it's a once in a life time place, I feel bad :confused3 for those people!!!!! :crazy:
We have been to all the islands and we choose Disney/Universal because it has so much to offer than it did 15-20 years ago!
Don't forget Celebration, it's a wonderful place* to eat, walk around and relax forget about what people say, try that place for yourself! We did and LOVE IT!!!! :cheer2: Theres's family run places, resteraunts and a movie theatre and wonderful park area. They also have a great ice cream shop there and Barney's Coffee has the best Ice Coffees! Yummie! The shops are wonderful and if you want a small town market feel, go to Goodings there.
You won't be sorry-oh yes did I mention the Pizzeria there?!
I am their (unofficial goodwill ambassador)!
Email me, I can tell you what you need!!! :earsgirl:
People just don't realize!
Hey, look at this way, we have a great secret!!!! :Pinkbounc

Pixie Dust To All! :wave2:

I get this all the time from my friends. I can't stop talking about the first trip I took last april, and my up coming trips. None of them want to hear it. They all want to go to cancun and places like that. I convinced my fiancee to go next april (2006). He thinks its a bit corny too, but I know he'll have a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter