FREE DINING UPDATE- RUMOR and SPECULATION / Update Page 80 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the 4/3 deal saves 42.8% as previously stated, that would be approximately $811 off my trip. Then add back in QSD at $31.99 per person/day for seven days is $448 (rounding up). $811 minus $448 equals $363 in savings off cost of package without any dining whatsoever. I'll take that and use the $363 in savings for souvenirs and a couple of table services.

Can you use 4/3 for stays less than 7 days? We only planning 5 nights because that's all we can take off work!

With 4/3 you'd only get 1 night free. With the 5/2 version they had at values this past winter/spring, you would get no discount at all.

It doesnt make much sense to me that the dis would have a discount (15,20,25,30) only to release another deal a week later.
However, the theory that visa discounts can be opened up to general public after a week makes sense.
So, Im speculating that the kids eat and play free would be the deal to be released next week, if there were one.
However, that seems like a deal too good to be true. Free admission and dining for children in the summer? Would be right up my alley.:thumbsup2

The discount they just released is for different dates. The only reason it may play a part in the release of the fall discount is that Disney is focussing on filling rooms earlier. It doesn't mean anything regarding whether or not a good fall discount will be released. It's still hurricaine season at a time when kids are going back to school. If Disney is having trouble filling rooms for high season then they're going to have to have some good deals to fill rooms during their lowest season.

Kids stay free is not too good to be true. It actually does absolutely nothing for many of us. I would get $0 savings from this because none of my kids are Disney Kids (my youngest turns 10 3 weeks before our trip). For some families it's an amazing deal but for others it's useless. Depending on your trip specifics, a family of 2A, 2C may still be better off with free dining (you'd have to do the math based on your own trip specifics). It's great that it would benefit your family but if it is released to the general public, they'll have to offer something else in order to fill up rooms. Again, it's their slowest season and they're struggling to fill rooms during their high seasons.

Oh, I just remembered another discount they've offered. Last year one of the Alice PIN codes was adults at kid prices. While that's not much of a savings on the tickets, it is a HUGE savings on the dining. This deal is great for families like mine where we're all paying adult prices right now. It becomes a very similar price to free dining with my particular family configuration and I bet people could easily upgrade their children to 10 on their reservations to get adult dining for no extra cost (you pay kid prices either way so why wouldn't you?).

If the 4/3 deal saves 42.8% as previously stated, that would be approximately $811 off my trip. Then add back in QSD at $31.99 per person/day for seven days is $448 (rounding up). $811 minus $448 equals $363 in savings off cost of package without any dining whatsoever. I'll take that and use the $363 in savings for souvenirs and a couple of table services.

This sounds like a perfect plan....lets keep our fingers crossed for you guys waiting for something after Aug 14.

Umm, tax refunds LOL

Actually we and many people we know who got big refunds last year owe big this year because Obama decreased payroll withholding on weekly paychecks to stimulate the economy. The matching cut in taxes never came, so we all owe big come April. Yep, that extra money in our paycheck now goes back to Uncle Sam. This is very often a family's "vacation fund" and could prevent many from booking.
Ask around--I don't know of big refunds this year. Rather people are scrambling to pay the tax man.
I could see a sizable drop in bookings because of this, not an increase.

Oh, I just remembered another discount they've offered. Last year one of the Alice PIN codes was adults at kid prices. While that's not much of a savings on the tickets, it is a HUGE savings on the dining. This deal is great for families like mine where we're all paying adult prices right now. It becomes a very similar price to free dining with my particular family configuration and I bet people could easily upgrade their children to 10 on their reservations to get adult dining for no extra cost (you pay kid prices either way so why wouldn't you?).

This would be PERFECT for my family!!:thumbsup2

Actually we and many people we know who got big refunds last year owe big this year because Obama decreased payroll withholding on weekly paychecks to stimulate the economy. The matching cut in taxes never came, so we all owe big come April. Yep, that extra money in our paycheck now goes back to Uncle Sam. This is very often a family's "vacation fund" and could prevent many from booking.
Ask around--I don't know of big refunds this year. Rather people are scrambling to pay the tax man.

I agree,,,we had to pay for the first time this year. Thanks, Barack!!!!

I'm afraid that so many people already booked HOPING for free ding that Disney sees full hotels and doesn't need to bother to offer free dining. If people are going to go anyway, why should they lose the extra revenue.

I also think that since they already had the dinky VISA offer that they won't have another one so soon.

It depends on how many kids and their ages, but for large families with teens, not much matches free dining and we can't afford to go and stay onsite without it!

Since we are speculating I'll throw in my 2 cents... I think the new promotion will be the Visa promotion (kids stay, eat, play for free) becoming available to the general public. When you factor in the cost for tickets as well as dining for young families this would be a pretty good deal IMO. The only reason we've been able to take our toddlers as much as we have is they were under 3 and could get into the parks and eat at the buffets for free. Now we have to pay for them it adds a lot to the cost of our trip. It would be nice if Disney would come out with a deal that everyone (including singles and married without kids) could use.

This promo is timed to start as kids go back to school, so kids being free does not effectively meet the target crowd going at that time. It would work great in the summer.
Many people without kids or with preschoolers wait for school to resume and go in this time period. Kids free would not benefit the majority of them.

Kids stay free is not too good to be true. It actually does absolutely nothing for many of us.

Agreed on the kids stay free. This is NOT a deal targeted at ALL families! Many families have at least 1 child, if not all children, that are 10 or over. Where's the savings for them?

I loved hearing about that Alice PIN code - meals at kids prices for everyone! Wouldn't that be awesome if it were annouced? :woohoo: Not getting my hopes up though.

We have reservations at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios this year from October 1-October 8. If Disney offers free dining then we will switch our trips and go back to Disney this year. If they don't...Universal Studios to see the new Harry Potter park. I am not going to spend twice the money to go to Disney and stay in a value resort when we can go to Universal for half the price and stay in a 4 star hotel. It is easy math. I certainly hope they offer free dining. They offered us a bounceback deal when we checked out last year with free dining. We just didn't have our plans yet. So I hope Disney is listening to us!!!:confused:

Since we are speculating I'll throw in my 2 cents... I think the new promotion will be the Visa promotion (kids stay, eat, play for free) becoming available to the general public. When you factor in the cost for tickets as well as dining for young families this would be a pretty good deal IMO. The only reason we've been able to take our toddlers as much as we have is they were under 3 and could get into the parks and eat at the buffets for free. Now we have to pay for them it adds a lot to the cost of our trip. It would be nice if Disney would come out with a deal that everyone (including singles and married without kids) could use.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS ONE...I am like you 2A 2Disney A but children in real life..

I obsessively check this thread for a JUNE 2010 trip. I keep hoping they offer the CL 40% discount as they have in the past at various times. Does you gut tell you I am wasting my time and what is out for June 2010 is it....I already booked at 35% off but that extra 5% on Club Level room sure would be nice...thanks!;)

I obsessively check this thread for a JUNE 2010 trip. I keep hoping they offer the CL 40% discount as they have in the past at various times. Does you gut tell you I am wasting my time and what is out for June 2010 is it....I already booked at 35% off but that extra 5% on Club Level room sure would be nice...thanks!;)

Oh how I wish I knew..

I know this was claimed in the beginning when the withholdings went into effect. I was worried about this because we are a 2 income family and they said that those were the ones who would get hit because the total withholdings would be subtracted from BOTH. So I was afraid that we would have to pay back half come tax time. Luckily we didn't!

I personally know of NO ONE who got hit with this and owe Uncle Sam back from the withholdings.

This was the first year since we have been married (19 years!) that we got a refund! It was mainly because I bought an eco-car eligible for the tax credit. And we hadn't figured that into our tax plan. So it was a nice surprise in the end. Normally we owe just a little and we plan it that way.

To stay on topic, since this quick August trip that I am planning on taking is just DH & I to celebrate our anniversary, I think a % off or a 4/3 will fit us better than free dining.

Maggie

I'm afraid that so many people already booked HOPING for free ding that Disney sees full hotels and doesn't need to bother to offer free dining. If people are going to go anyway, why should they lose the extra revenue.

I also think that since they already had the dinky VISA offer that they won't have another one so soon.

It depends on how many kids and their ages, but for large families with teens, not much matches free dining and we can't afford to go and stay onsite without it!
I actually booked a long time ago and made all of my ADR's. But, like Disney will tell you - EVERYTHING, is 100% refundable outside of 45 days prior to your trip. If dining is not offered to those "expecting" dining to come out, then I've been hearing that A LOT of people will cancel their Disney reservations and stay outside the park.

I did book for the 1st week of September in hopes for the dining plan. However, we are going regardless - there will be some kind of deal, though I will be disapointed if it's not FD. There is NO WAY I would tell my daughter (4) that we are not going to DISNEY because they won't give me a discount. And as for staying off-site, I don't get it, wouldn't you then have to spend the money to rent a car, just to make a point to Disney?

Just my 2 cents. Good luck everyone that is hoping for FD. Hoping it's announced tomorrow - this waiting game is KILLING me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter