Dolphin Swim

manfred4247

Mouseketeer
I am looking at purchasing tickets to Discovery Cove Dolphin Swim. It will be my husband, myself and my two kids(15 and 17). However, my husband and I are not interested in the swim. Can I purchase the cheaper tickets for us and just watch the kids?

Yes! And you can take photos of them from the shore. A good camera with a telephoto lens will get decent or good photos, depending on which area of the lagoon their dolphin meet is. The dolphin swim is about 45min, between going in for the little orientation and the actual swim itself. Other than that, there is no difference between the two ticket types.

Are you adding SeaWorld / Aquatica also?

Yes! The minimum for the dolphin experience without an adult is 13. So your kids are fine. They’ll need an adult to sign their waivers. It’s easy peasy. You’ll be able to watch them right from the beach too! We just did Discovery Cove (plus Busch Gardens, Sea World and Aquatica) for Spring Break and had so much fun.

Yes! And you can take photos of them from the shore. A good camera with a telephoto lens will get decent or good photos, depending on which area of the lagoon their dolphin meet is. The dolphin swim is about 45min, between going in for the little orientation and the actual swim itself. Other than that, there is no difference between the two ticket types.

Are you adding SeaWorld / Aquatica also?
Thank You! I had read that you had to purchase the photo package if you wanted photos, is that not the case? We are going to Seaworld. I stupidly already bought discount tickets through my union discount for Seaworld. So, I am already spending more than I had planned.

If you want the photos that the DC photographer takes, yes you have to purchase the package. But you are welcome to take photos of everything yourself. "Phone photos" from the beach of the dolphin swim aren't going to get you much, but a good camera (DSLR type) and telephoto lens can get you nice pics. A real camera is also helpful in the aviary, although not as much so as for the dolphins. Since the lockers are plentiful and free, it's convenient to bring a camera and stash it away after you're done with it.

I would suggest getting a waterproof bag/case for the teens' phones too, so they can take photos in the Grand Reef as they snorkel with the fish and rays. That can't go in with the dolphins but can go in anywhere else.

Last question, I am sorry. We are not going until August. What do they do, if you can't do the event because of weather?

You can change the date once for no charge, to any day within 2 weeks of your original date (assuming booking direct with SeaWorld or with Undercover Tourist).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter