For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving in the morning, still have to pack....:laundy: so why am I updating? Need the safe driving wishes and prayers for my anxiety.....have the ativan ready to go and patches for dd car sickness.
Be safe all in the drive down and back.

Leaving in the morning, still have to pack....:laundy: so why am I updating? Need the safe driving wishes and prayers for my anxiety.....have the ativan ready to go and patches for dd car sickness.
Be safe all in the drive down and back.
have a good trip!!! text me when you get here.:thumbsup2 warning!!! its only 82 degrees and not a cloud in the sky!!! :lmao:

Finished the drive home this morning. Asked my husband if there was anything I needed to know and he said "Nope, just stay on 95" and fell asleep. Guess who took a detour to Philly? :rolleyes1

OUCH, yeah! I mentioned that on this thread once to be aware of that. It's a very easy mistake to make. Supposedly, I-95 will be complete at some point through PA/NJ. 2015 is the projected year. I haven't checked recently if that's on track.

OUCH, yeah! I mentioned that on this thread once to be aware of that. It's a very easy mistake to make. Supposedly, I-95 will be complete at some point through PA/NJ. 2015 is the projected year. I haven't checked recently if that's on track.

It was kind of surreal. I had been in somewhat of a highway coma and then noticed the lights and then saw the stadium and snapped out of my highway coma!! I could not believe I had done it but I was so focused on staying on 95 that I turned off my common sense. Ah well, live and learn...

Hope you have an uneventful ride! Enjoy your trip :goodvibes

Any 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers at WDW now (like fwdfacingtentacles and dvczerfs) and the 12 months to follow will be basking in 40th anniversary MK magic! :wizard:

Our countdown is getting short.

All the best. :thumbsup2

What can we expect? They've been pretty mum on any plans.

What can we expect? They've been pretty mum on any plans.

A special ceremony was held at Cinderella Castle and Wishes had a flashy, perimeter extension on October 1. That's it so far.

Yes, haven't heard much about the 40th year.

Arrived home last night at 6 p.m. We split the drive home into two days, the first being about 14 hrs from Disney to Fredericksburg, Va. We would have made better time but we ran into an awful accident in Ga. It was a few miles ahead of us and we sat at a stand still for almost 1.5 hours. We took mostly 95 the whole way home and except for the accident we did not encounter any traffic.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Fredericksburg on Warrenton Road which is right off of highway and it was wonderful. The rooms were big and comfy as was the bed and pillows and it was spotless! The breakfast in the morning was great too with a breakfast burrito bar and steel cut oatmeal in a crockpot with yummy things to put on it...I was very impressed all around and it was only 80.00 per room which we needed two of.

We made awesome time on the second day and despite the baby jumping on my bladder for hours and hours, we only managed to stop about 4 times which was miraculous for the eight of us. I was very, very glad to pull into the driveway though! It was all and all a great road trip and the children were simply fabulous. Total was 3149 miles round trip!!:woohoo:

Arrived home last night at 6 p.m. Total was 3149 miles round trip!!:woohoo:

We're glad you had a great stay at WDW and arrived home safely.

How many miles is it from your home to WDW (is it simply half your aforementioned total or were there some additional miles, like miles driven in and around WDW)?

A special ceremony was held at Cinderella Castle and Wishes had a flashy, perimeter extension on October 1. That's it so far.

Yes, haven't heard much about the 40th year.

i can help you out what to expect about the 40th. i was there sat. morning!! got the free buttons, maps and bought 3 t-shirts that we had to fight for.:lmao: all the oct 1st, 40th things were gone by 10am. the place was a mad house. i have been on christmas morning, easter morning and i have never seen anything like it before.we got our 40th things including a key chain and we left the park around 10:30. the next day we went back and gone!! everything, all the 40th banners, baloons everything! :confused3 you would never know its the 40th unless you realy look hard in the shops and you find a small sections with a few shelfs of 40th things on it. i thought there would be more decorations but they took what little was up down.

I've been an avid lurker of the boards for 7+ years and have gained more Disney knowledge than I thought was humanly possible:goodvibes

Our next trip is planned in a little less than 3 weeks and I have somehow convinced my flying loving hubby to drive from Bethlehem PA (lehigh valley) to WDW! I need some advice on what is the best route/time of day to leave to make this drive as enjoyable as I can.

We will be leaving on a Saturday (10/22) and returning for home on a Friday (10/28).

Any advice/tips will be greatly appreciated! :drive:

I've been an avid lurker of the boards for 7+ years and have gained more Disney knowledge than I thought was humanly possible:goodvibes

Our next trip is planned in a little less than 3 weeks and I have somehow convinced my flying loving hubby to drive from Bethlehem PA (lehigh valley) to WDW! I need some advice on what is the best route/time of day to leave to make this drive as enjoyable as I can.

We will be leaving on a Saturday (10/22) and returning for home on a Friday (10/28).

Any advice/tips will be greatly appreciated! :drive:

im from nazareth!!:thumbsup2 we leave nazareth at 3am. the best way to go if your looking for the least chance of sitting, anything can happen any where but i78, i81,i77,i26,i95 to i4!! we are here now. that trip takes me 16 hours. i tend to lean on the speed limits a bit and we only stop for bathroom breaks and gas. (about every 2-21/2 hours). i do go other ways but there all about the same time wise. :thumbsup2 if you leave 3am you miss all the traffic of the few major citys you go near. you will hit jacksonville at 4pm. stay on i95. a friend of mine said with construction that staying on 95 through jaqcks is the best way. we went through at 5:15 and didnt have a problem. we hung out at the welcoming center with the buddy of mine for and hour. if you leave at 3am, all goes well, you will pull into wdw at 7-7:30 that night!!

last night from studios:

6b60eeaa.jpg

and for the northeast people, this is from today from the grand!! i have not seen a cloud in all most 3 days!

2a7d1147.jpg

What a small world:wave:I was born and raised in Nazareth and moved to Bethlehem in 2008! Thanks so much for your advice, my DH is feverishly typing your recommendations into the iPad as we speak:lmao:!

What a small world:wave:I was born and raised in Nazareth and moved to Bethlehem in 2008! Thanks so much for your advice, my DH is feverishly typing your recommendations into the iPad as we speak:lmao:!

me also!!! what year did you grad.??? here, ill go first :lmao: 1983 but i have alot of family younger and older than me.:lmao:

I graduated from Nazareth in 1988:cool2: My DH graduated in 83 but he is from California!

Your pictures made me anxious for the warmth....55 degrees here today with nothing but clouds...we might see the sun by Wednesday:sunny:

I graduated from Nazareth in 1988:cool2: My DH graduated in 83 but he is from California!

Your pictures made me anxious for the warmth....55 degrees here today with nothing but clouds...we might see the sun by Wednesday:sunny:

:thumbsup2 its 83 and sunny!!! my niece grad. in 91. there was nobody between us that grad. anyway, keep in touch! pm me if you want and i can fill you in some more about the drive. we live a few blocks west of holy family club. my dw works for guardian ins. and i work for eastlawn supply! small world!!! noce talking to you!!:thumbsup2

Thanks again! You live really close to my Mom...she lives on Wood St right down from the church! Enjoy your vacation and have a safe drive back:)

Thanks again! You live really close to my Mom...she lives on Wood St right down from the church! Enjoy your vacation and have a safe drive back:)

:lmao: i grew up on green street, moved to bushkill tswp in my teens. got married in 84, bought a house on spring street at 5 points.:lmao: we have lived on heckman ave for 20 years. im sure i know your mom.:lmao: im sitting in florida on a web site and end up talking to someone who grew up about 3 blocks away from where i live. :lmao: do you remember brunos store? i lived next door to the lastellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter