For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Delaware Valley Drivers.... PA, NJ, DE...

When you are driving home from WDW where do you stop overnight?

:thumbsup2 i find after about the first 900 miles, the rest is a blurr!!:lmao:

are you talking nov. 2011, 2012 or 2013??? that would be cool!!!! let me know and i can see what we can do. we are going may 2012 (214 days but whos counting.:lmao:) than sept. for 11 nights in september 2012. i have to check with tammy, i think we tried that a few years ago and im not sure but i think thats a tuff week at work for her. let me know what year.:thumbsup2

2012 is our 25th anniversary so that's when I was hoping to do it.:hug: I was SO disappointed that they ran a special that doesn't go that far into 2012 - it was around $2000 for a ceremony, music and flowers at either the Grand Floridian or Polynesian beach. Would have been perfect!

My preference was the Poly Beach since we honeymooned in Hawaii :thumbsup2 But if they don't have a good package special, then we probably can't do it. The next cheapest package is around $10,000. :sad2:

2012 is our 25th anniversary so that's when I was hoping to do it.:hug: I was SO disappointed that they ran a special that doesn't go that far into 2012 - it was around $2000 for a ceremony, music and flowers at either the Yacht Club gazebo, Polynesian beach or a 3rd place I can't remember. Would have been perfect!

My preference was the Poly Beach since we honeymooned in Hawaii :thumbsup2 But if they don't have a good package special, then we probably can't do it. The next cheapest package is around $10,000. :sad2:

:eek: $10,000??? i didnt even pay that for our wedding in 84. church, reception, dress,tux,rings.:lmao:

OK Delaware Valley Drivers.... PA, NJ, DE...

When you are driving home from WDW where do you stop overnight?

Although we're not Delaware Valley folks, we're still in the same length-of-drive range. As such, our 9 a.m.-ish departure from WDW usually gets us to Emporia or Petersburg, VA for our stayover.

All the best. :thumbsup2

:eek: $10,000??? i didnt even pay that for our wedding in 84. church, reception, dress,tux,rings.:lmao:

I'm with you ... got married in '84. Wore my mother's dress but bought a new veil. Church was free. Had to pay for a singer and organist. Paid $4.00 per person for a buffet dinner and had an open bar. Nobody had limos back then, so we just drove our own cars that we decorated. Paid $100.00 for a dance band at the receiption. Paid $100.00 for a cake to feed 200 people. I think our total came out to a little over $2,000. I think it is obscene what people pay for weddings these days. It is only ONE day!

New England Dirvers.....Any thoughts about a route that would help us avoid the traffic on the Mass Pike on a Friday at about 4:30/5:00pm?

We've got a driving plan that has worked well for us in the past with the exception of hitting the Mass pike/Boston area when everyone else also seems to be on the road. We are leaving from southeastern NH at about 3:00pm on a Friday (the earliest my husband & I can get home from work and get the kids out of school). We drive to Deleware where we stay overnight. This gets a good chunk of the trip out of the way. We wake up really early and do the 15ish hours (with some stops) and hit Orlando late Saturday night. This gives us the full day on Sunday for our first day at WDW.

Typically the easiest and quickest route for us to go would be to head south on 495 and take the Mass Pike to 84 into Connecticut. Unfortunately, the time of day that we hit this area, especially on a Friday is when everyone else seems to be exiting the Boston area. Going through Boston on 95 would also be an option, but I can ony imagine that the traffic would be even worse.

Any suggestions? It's really frustrating to be stuck in traffic during the first couple of hours on a drive to Disney!!!

Try south on 495 to RT290 through Worcester and pick up RT84. Worcester will have traffic also at that time of day but maybe not to the extent of the Mass Pike

I KNOW! Our reception was around $1900, my dress was $600, Mike's tux was free. Even adding our honeymoon we didn't spending 10k.

Good News Update - they do have a cheaper package, for 18 guests. I may still look into it, if I can justify the cost and get enough guests. Although, I'm guessing I can find a few DISsers that would want to come LOL.

Remember - it is Disney! It's pretty cool, though. I can use the Boardwalk pavilion, they'll have a violin, cake and champagne. I wouldn't need an officiant to just renew, I think we would just run it ourselves. Plus if I book it, everyone can get a room discount!! It would run around $5,000 and includes APs for Mike and I, so net around $3,800. Not too bad! I don't know because I do want to buy a house next year.

I think it will be something I decide in the Spring.

I KNOW! Our reception was around $1900, my dress was $600, Mike's tux was free. Even adding our honeymoon we didn't spending 10k.

Good News Update - they do have a cheaper package, for 18 guests. I may still look into it, if I can justify the cost and get enough guests. Although, I'm guessing I can find a few DISsers that would want to come LOL.

Remember - it is Disney! It's pretty cool, though. I can use the Boardwalk pavilion, they'll have a violin, cake and champagne. I wouldn't need an officiant to just renew, I think we would just run it ourselves. Plus if I book it, everyone can get a room discount!! It would run around $5,000 and includes APs for Mike and I, so net around $3,800. Not too bad! I don't know because I do want to buy a house next year.

I think it will be something I decide in the Spring.

ya, you may want to think about it. i know since i have known you, you have been wanting to buy a home and nows a good time to buy a home. intrest rates are low and the price of homes are real low. :thumbsup2

ya, you may want to think about it. i know since i have known you, you have been wanting to buy a home and nows a good time to buy a home. intrest rates are low and the price of homes are real low. :thumbsup2

Yeah, we just have to hope we get a good enough price on this house. We should be able to get what we paid for it, which in this economy is pretty darn good. I want more space!!!!

This new record is one that is made to be broken, perhaps by another Canadian or someone from the northwest corner of the USA!

Longest Drive (one way): 1,485 miles: minnie mum

When's this thread gonna close and a new one start up???

We are prepared to initiate Part III of this thread (a unique and wonderful thread maintained by those who travel far and share much) whenever the moderators give me the word. Until then, let's drive!

[BTW: Gettin' ready, sharadoc, for another drive before the month is out.]

my favorite post disney drive chore is completed!!!! :woohoo: i have posted pics of our disney van awhile back. its a 2006 and has 30k miles on it and had been to wdw 10 times and back and forth to phillies jefferson hospital every month lately. other than that, the "garage princess" stays washed and kept in the garage.i completed my favorite job tonight, cleaning the 400 gazillion bugs off the front of the van!!!!:laughing: with all that rain i drove into in florida at 3am on sat. morning, i dont know how i still had all those bugs on the front.:laughing: i make sure i put 3 coats of wax on the front of the van before we leave and they come off alot easier. im assuming most were bugs. i have a feeling a few could be classified as a small bird.:laughing:

my favorite post disney drive chore is completed!!!! :woohoo: i have posted pics of our disney van awhile back. its a 2006 and has 30k miles on it and had been to wdw 10 times and back and forth to phillies jefferson hospital every month lately. other than that, the "garage princess" stays washed and kept in the garage.i completed my favorite job tonight, cleaning the 400 gazillion bugs off the front of the van!!!!:laughing: with all that rain i drove into in florida at 3am on sat. morning, i dont know how i still had all those bugs on the front.:laughing: i make sure i put 3 coats of wax on the front of the van before we leave and they come off alot easier. im assuming most were bugs. i have a feeling a few could be classified as a small bird.:laughing:

That's great that you have a vehicle just for your trips!!

We had a HUGE green dragonfly stuck in the grill of our car on our last trip. My dear dear DH traumatized the kids by picking the huge thing out of the grill and saying Aww look Tinkerbell tried to hitch a ride back to our house!

We had a HUGE green dragonfly stuck in the grill of our car on our last trip. My dear dear DH traumatized the kids by picking the huge thing out of the grill and saying Aww look Tinkerbell tried to hitch a ride back to our house!

:lmao::lmao: is he a member of the disdads club???? he would fit in!!!! :lmao:

That's great that you have a vehicle just for your trips!!

my wife has a 2001 tracker and wont part with it!!!! :lmao: i got it for our florida trips and for her to drive to work but she likes her tracker better. :confused3 which is ok, she drives about 12 miles a day, the tracker holds 13 gallons of gas so a tank last a month. the van sits and is like new yet and its now paid for. she likes putting the roof down in the warmer months and she loves the 4 wheel drive in the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter