• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brunos store! I walked there after school all the time:rotfl:

You must know my Mom...she knows everyone:) She still lives in the house I grew up in ,which my grandparents built in the 20's!

I have a feeling I'm going to have It's a Small World in my head all night:lmao:

Brunos store! I walked there after school all the time:rotfl:

You must know my Mom...she knows everyone:) She still lives in the house I grew up in ,which my grandparents built in the 20's!

I have a feeling I'm going to have It's a Small World in my head all night:lmao:

my last name is zerfass. im the youngest of 5 and my mom and dad are both from nazareth. we all went to holly family. when i was a kid, i delv. the nazareth key to your moms house.:thumbsup2

Left this morning late, last minute issue with dil car. Only made it as far as Lummbuerton, NC. Half way mark from North of Hazleton, PA. 528 here and 528 to go. Off to sleep, I did not get much sleep last night and only wish we were as far as Santee,GA.
\
No traffic to speak although 95 had some construction but did not tie up, nor slow down. Only accident was a tractor trailer fire NORTH on I-81 near Hershey, PA tieing up the other roadway for miles.
Hate seeing or hearing accidents but doing okay for a rookie,.

The gas at the exit for Sheetz in Gettysburg haad the least expensive gas in PA we found at $3.?? I can't remember. Maybe $3.43, at the Lorton station VA, at Exxon it was $3.15. Georgia at Lamberton, GA it is back up so far at $3.34. There is a place south that I saw is back around $3.17.

When we packed the car last night it was 38*, I saw the local weather that State College, PA had 2 inches of snow. I know someone was driving from Pittsburg and thought they may hit snow as it was as far south as W, VA.

Off to sleep, So exhausted. Oh, I got on hotwire , com and got a $78 tate got a three star Holiday Inn in Lamberton, NC. The AAA rate was $99 and the Internet rate was $109. The Beds are to die for and two soft pillows added to the beds, micro wave and fridge with a freezer. Kids eat free at the onsite Denny's. Pizza Hut delivered for $1o a pie any size any topping,

Bed well worth it. nite nite
Di

Left this morning late, last minute issue with dil car. Only made it as far as Lummbuerton, NC. Half way mark from North of Hazleton, PA. 528 here and 528 to go. Off to sleep, I did not get much sleep last night and only wish we were as far as Santee,GA.
\
No traffic to speak although 95 had some construction but did not tie up, nor slow down. Only accident was a tractor trailer fire NORTH on I-81 near Hershey, PA tieing up the other roadway for miles.
Hate seeing or hearing accidents but doing okay for a rookie,.

The gas at the exit for Sheetz in Gettysburg haad the least expensive gas in PA we found at $3.?? I can't remember. Maybe $3.43, at the Lorton station VA, at Exxon it was $3.15. Georgia at Lamberton, GA it is back up so far at $3.34. There is a place south that I saw is back around $3.17.

When we packed the car last night it was 38*, I saw the local weather that State College, PA had 2 inches of snow. I know someone was driving from Pittsburg and thought they may hit snow as it was as far south as W, VA.

Off to sleep, So exhausted. Oh, I got on hotwire , com and got a $78 tate got a three star Holiday Inn in Lamberton, NC. The AAA rate was $99 and the Internet rate was $109. The Beds are to die for and two soft pillows added to the beds, micro wave and fridge with a freezer. Kids eat free at the onsite Denny's. Pizza Hut delivered for $1o a pie any size any topping,

Bed well worth it. nite nite
Di

have a good trip tomorrow!!!!

Snow sounds so far fetched seeing as it was 89 here today 1st day we haven't reached 90+ in a long time. We are going up north for Christmas so will be very interested in the winter weather drives.

OK I have a really silly question.......We are driving down with our camper from NJ for 1st time and plan to take 95 straight through however I know you can not take tunnels with propane tanks which we do have connect to camper. Has anyone needed to detour away from tunneled highways? If so, what do u do?

Snow sounds so far fetched seeing as it was 89 here today 1st day we haven't reached 90+ in a long time. We are going up north for Christmas so will be very interested in the winter weather drives.

We definitely got a little snow here in the Poconos.

Still 3 months away but starting to plan our trip. Were driving from the Poconos, pa. We check out of WDW on jan 6th but don't have to be home until the 15th. Anyone have any suggestions on cool places we can stop along the way?

OK I have a really silly question.......We are driving down with our camper from NJ for 1st time and plan to take 95 straight through however I know you can not take tunnels with propane tanks which we do have connect to camper. Has anyone needed to detour away from tunneled highways? If so, what do u do?

The only tunnel you have to concern yourself with is the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (BHT). Do a BHT search. That may provide you with the info you need.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Still 3 months away but starting to plan our trip. Were driving from the Poconos, pa. We check out of WDW on jan 6th but don't have to be home until the 15th. Anyone have any suggestions on cool places we can stop along the way?

I'd just stay longer LOL!

Seriously, though. Savannah Georgia is supposed to be lovely, there's some very interesting historical places everywhere between here and there. If you're into Civil War history, there's a ton of museums and battlefields.

Of course, there's Washington and Baltimore. The Smithsonian can be a week in itself (but it will cost you 3 times what Disney will in hotel and food!)

Checking in. We made it to Disney on Sunday. Internet service is horrible so I will update with mileage traveled and a full drive report when I get home.

:lmao: i didnt take pics with my camera today, just my cell and i cant post my cell pics on the internet. so heres what i had for breakfast at the mk this morning!!:lmao:

dc6cb58a.jpg

tammy had a bagel! :sad2: why? you can eat bagels at home. :lmao:

:lmao: i didnt take pics with my camera today, just my cell and i cant post my cell pics on the internet. so heres what i had for breakfast at the mk this morning!!:lmao:

dc6cb58a.jpg

tammy had a bagel! :sad2: why? you can eat bagels at home. :lmao:

More photos! popcorn::

We are leaving next Sat (the 15th) from South Jersey around 6pm hoping to get there by noon the next day driving through the night, first time driving with my family (did it many times as a kid) hoping the kids (6 & 3 ) will fall asleep around 10 pm, stooping at a Cracker Barrell for breakfast!

heres 2 more from this afternoon. the group was 38 special

Thanks again for the photos! The band, .38 Special, was there last October and we're glad that the Jacksonville-originated group is back again: after all, it's the 30th anniversary of "Hold On Loosely."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter