February 2007 Scrapbooking Challenge

I've got lunch in so once I've finished on here:rolleyes1 and read the paper I might get some done. But I've tidied the whole house so I feel smug!

What I need are those rules of scrapping - where were they? I want to print them out and scrap them for my demo album, and pass them around my ladies tomorrow to get them buying. I want loads of stuff and so I need lots of CM orders so DH doesn't notice :guilty: :rolleyes1

Here are the scrappers rights. I need to find the rules, I wrote them but I forgot them.

Scrapbookers Rights

A Scrapbooker is entrusted with documenting and safely preserving
family photos in an album to be treasured by future generations.
Creating a
Scrapbook is an honorable and important task. As a Scrapbooker, you
are
entitled (but not limited) to the following rights:

You have the right to take as long as you want to complete one album
page. This may be five minutes or two weeks.

You have the right to purchase a certain scrapbook item for no other
reason than because
a) you like it
b) you think it's cute
c) you'll never find it again
d) you know you'll use it someday.

You have the right to a workspace of your own. This may be the
basement, your college student's old bedroom, or the kitchen table.
It's yours.

You have the right to scrapbook when inspiration strikes--whether
the
dishes are done or not.

You have the right to request peaceful, kid-free, stress-less scrap
time--guilt-free.

You have the right to create pages that reflect and celebrate the
spirit of the one person who is usually NOT in the photograph: You.

You have the right to put whatever you want on your album page. This
includes, but is not limited to: patterned papers, die-cuts,
stickers
and Punch-Outs. You may place as many or as few photos per page as
you
deem appropriate.

You have the right to do nothing more than snack and socialize at a
6-hour cropping party.

You have the right to value your personal scrapbooking style to be
as
important as your photographs. You are creating a treasure-and part
of
that treasure is you.

You have the right to create your own legacy, one page at a time.

Author, Unknown

5 pages for me today! I would have done more but I didn't want to miss Superbowl commercials or the game. But with football done there won't be anything to do on weekends except scrap!

I think these are all the rules to scrapping:
- For ever more, hide all receipts for your S.O., DH, DW what ever the case may be. Pay cash when possible, it leaves no paper trail.
- carry different bags in your car to hide the evidence.
- if you get caught with purchases blame someone on the other side of the country or world so you can still play those close to you.

I'm sure there are more but I can't for the life of me find the thread. I know it was one for a newbie to scrapping but who knows where it is!

Thnaks B&MB! I'm supposed to be working at home today but I've just found a site selling off Bazzill at 40p a sheet....:rolleyes1 Work or shop - how to choose?:lmao:

I had never seen the rights/rules for scrapping--those are great!

I didn't get anything done this weekend. Not very productive!! However, with basketball season winding down :-)dance3: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: ), I'm hoping the next 2 weekends will be productive!

Happy Monday, everyone!

- if you get caught with purchases blame someone on the other side of the country or world so you can still play those close to you.

Phew, I won't be to blame. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Despite frigid temps blowing up thru the floor of my scrapbooking room, I've done five pages this weekend.:)

I got 2 pages done yesterday and 4 more that just need journaling so I'll post those as complete when I get that done.

Sign me up! My goal is to make sure I get back here every month to sign up /post my pages!!!! I started that last year & kinda fell off the wagon:)

I did 6 pages before the game yesterday!

no school today since it's 14 below...so it's jammie/scrappin day for me

I think I'll join. My goal is to do a page a day for the year. Been keeping track in my own, but this will help me out. So far 17 pages.

Wow, I have been staring at the same page for 5 weeks and have just been stumped!:guilty: Today I gave up. I matted each picture and threw on a couple of embellishments and called it a day! So you can put me down for one page, but now that it is out of my way, I should be able to start working on other pages!:)

I did three pages this afternoon. I'm hoping to do more this evening but in case life gets in the way I thought I'd get those three logged.:)

Thanks B&MB for the :rotfl2: if my DH only knew how much $ I spend in scrapping he'd :eek: .

I finished my 2004 X-mas 6 pages :yay: , now onto 2005.

I love the scrappers rights! Buffy, thanks for sharing!!

Phew, I won't be to blame. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Despite frigid temps blowing up thru the floor of my scrapbooking room, I've done five pages this weekend.:)

you must be scrapping in my house.

I turned the attic into a scraproom there's no heat or AC. There's no electricity. What I did was stole one of those heavy duty outside extention cords from my hubby. I followed the walls with the cord and left it hanging to the bottom of the stairs. I took one of those heavy duty 6 plug thingys and plugged it into the heavy duty extention cord. I plugged in 2 lamps, placed them on my table (old kitchen table) and plugged in my siruis. I plug in the cricut/the heat gun/the tacing light when I'm going to use them (unplug when not in use)

When I'm about to go upstairs I take the hanging extention cord and plug it in the hall shocked. When I come down I unplug it close the door you don't know it's there..

it's SOoooooooooooooooooooo cold up there LOL I wear a sweater (sometimes 2) when I'm scrapping.

I did another 10 pages during the super bowl last night! I'm on a roll this month!

S :)

For ever more, hide all receipts for your S.O., DH, DW what ever the case may be. Pay cash when possible, it leaves no paper trail.
Thats the beauty of being single. I can buy as much as I want and no one can yell at me for overspending except the bank if I spend more than I have! ;) Though since I bring my scrapbooking stuff into work to work on at my desk, I often will just put the new stuff I buy in with the old and no one is the wiser! ;) Today I bought some Disney Jolee stickers and paper, and have already put them away. Bru ha ha ha ha. :rotfl: Its amazing how much stuff adds up to at the Scrapbook store. I spent more there on Friday than I had intended or budgeted :rolleyes1 , but its OK, just means PBJ sandwiches until Thursday! ;) :lmao: Sacrifices must be made for scrapbooking! :)

I worked on some pages today and yesterday, but none of them are complete yet. I have to wait until I get home to finish my Mulan page because I didn't bring my Cricut to work.

I am totally in, I have been slacking so much since we moved.

I have one page done so far this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter