• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot to get major transformations

After sifting through this malaise of conjecture...

...if there is any truth to the "big" plans as reported here...

...it means the overlay of the most unique amusement park ever built with gift shop laden IP and characters...

Which means twdc needs new leadership like yesterday.

7 years olds are NOT always right...and they have no sense of longterm value. EPCOT has longterm...

What??!! I for one and shocked that you are negative about something Disney is doing! SO unexpected!!!

This post would lead me to believe you never saw it in full operation. I think may 06 for maybe 6 months....

The yeti actually was pretty cool and elevated the ride from rollercoaster to a "4 dimensional" experience.

And a reason why I'm so hard on it. It's a incomplete now. Often around here you see people say "it's a great ride! I love it"

Love it...fine...but it can't be "great" by definition. It just doesn't equate.

You can read about some of the plans in my rumor round up articles and on the Rumor Tracking thread.

Almost everything they have listed has been rumored around by many insiders for a while...
Update of entrance and moving of 'tombstones"
Innovations redo- not demo, but completely gutting and redoing
Land update for boat ride and movie
UoE move to GotG was just recently confirmed as lead option
Mission Space update
New pavilion in WS - Brazil we have already mentioned
Rat to France
Coco in Grand Fiesta
new add to UK - NOT Mary Poppins by the by...
new updated night time show, by all reports this was to be sooner, but got pushed out by new MK show.

What won't happen
Imagination - per multiple insiders it is on hold...
Seas - have heard it will get some work, but not to the extent he has here
Germany and Japan - Nope not that I have seen or heard

Multi-year, multi-billion .............. better mean new & good, not bandaids.

Living Seas = Marine Institute. Big deal if it's just a theme thing. The tanks glass is clouded, the fake stuff inside faded (looks like 20K did at end) to zero color, there aren't enough fish, the carpet stinks ... it truly looks it's age and is sad. It needs a complete overhaul. I would have rather seen fish moved to Animal Kingdom and new on that land ... but if it stays they have to redo the entire thing. Any given visit it's empty because folks ride the ride and exit. We pop over to Manatees but that is it.

Again, don't just stick Inside Out into the ride like you did the ducks to Grand Fiesta. GUT it and start over building a real attraction. DS question ... so Figment is mixing it up with them ... what about Bing Bong? Or maybe Figment is everyone's imagination and manifests himself into each person individually ... aka Bing Bong is Riley's Figment. Build new, no overlay.

LAND - horribly dated, I swear I walk through a time warp .... it needs more than an upgrade and movie change.

Mushu as narrator ............. :confused3 do they really think that will fill that theater. :scratchin

I started out excited reading it then I begin to think that they think a couple new rides and a box full of Disney band-aids will fix everything.

They aren't going to rebuild the front of EPCOT wholesale, so expectations need to be tempered a bit I think. The Seas could use some cleaning and updating, but overall it fulfills the purpose it had when it opened. The Land is fine. The ride could use some updating in the movie, that looks pretty bad, as does the movie. Both could use some Disney bandaids, but it doesn't need to be blown up given EPCOT's other needs. Imagination, Universe of Energy, Innoventions, and hopefully Wonders of Life. Those are the areas that need attention the most and if they rebuild and re-imagine them, I think The Land and The Seas and Test Track and most of Spaceship Earth are ok for now.

I mean I'd love them to rebuild all of Futureworld, but it's not going to happen. Fingers crossed for those 4 long neglected areas to be brought to life. That actually is a heck of a lot of space, and if done correctly would add quite a lot of interest and capacity.

Living Seas = Marine Institute. Big deal if it's just a theme thing. The tanks glass is clouded, the fake stuff inside faded (looks like 20K did at end) to zero color, there aren't enough fish, the carpet stinks ... it truly looks it's age and is sad. It needs a complete overhaul. I would have rather seen fish moved to Animal Kingdom and new on that land ... but if it stays they have to redo the entire thing. Any given visit it's empty because folks ride the ride and exit. We pop over to Manatees but that is it.

Again, don't just stick Inside Out into the ride like you did the ducks to Grand Fiesta. GUT it and start over building a real attraction. DS question ... so Figment is mixing it up with them ... what about Bing Bong? Or maybe Figment is everyone's imagination and manifests himself into each person individually ... aka Bing Bong is Riley's Figment. Build new, no overlay.

LAND - horribly dated, I swear I walk through a time warp .... it needs more than an upgrade and movie change.

Mushu as narrator ............. :confused3 do they really think that will fill that theater. :scratchin

I started out excited reading it then I begin to think that they think a couple new rides and a box full of Disney band-aids will fix everything.
While WDWNT has different info than I do if they go with the full plan this will be much more than bandaids.

The Seas is still great for those of us with little kids as it is a great area to let them run around a bit - but fully agree it needs a redo (or at least a heavy re-fresh)

I always thought Figment would make for a great trackless ride system ride - but if that is the style ride going into France then probably not another one so close

I never thought of the Land as being dated - I never go to the movie, but Living with the Land is one of our favorites - we do it 2-3 times a trip

As for "band-aids", my guess is it will be a mix ... a couple of big, legit changes, a couple of things that are just refreshes or band-aids and probably a few things in the middle

I think they know the park needs a lot of work - and they put serious $ into AK and DHS so I have to think they will pony up at least a bit for EPCOT

Following along! Epcot is my favorite and I'm excited to see what's coming! I heard before someone mentioned they're changing the name back to Epcot Center? Any truth to that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter